E
Edgar Martinez


The present world hinges on the economical system based on MONEY, but this is changing. The present pandemic is pushing humanity to a new stage of development. The first thing that must change to reach that new level is the definition of value. From money (which has been loosing its meaning more and more from the arrival of the Industrial age) to being centered on the human being. This is a proposal for that new stage.


Kıyametin Ardından Tüm halka açık.
4
13.3k GÖRÜNTÜLEME
Tamamlandı
okuma zamanı
AA Paylaş

The Economy


Without a doubt the spine that provides support and movement to a society’s body is the production system and the way this system is organized to provide benefits to its members. This chapter will study the economic systems of our present society and a proposed one for our future society. At the end of the chapter we have added an appendix with information on some basic concepts used in it.

The mechanisms used by the society members to generate the elements they consume and the relationships these members develop while exchanging their products determine the spirit of the social group, its personality, which is also the base for the environment where they live.

The Economy, the way in which human beings get the necessary products for their survival and all the products they consume, in general, has determined the differences between what Alvin Toffler called the “three waves” in human history. These differences are not only related to the production media but also to the products themselves. Human beings add new elements to their needs in each step of the evolution; these elements then become new things that need to be produced.

When men just picked up fruits and plants from the wild or hunted animals, also wild, in order to satisfy their basic food and clothing needs, their society was restricted almost exclusively to the person itself and a few companions, mostly his immediate family members.

Agriculture, the way to produce food from the soil in a programmed and deliberate fashion, brought a different type of society with its development. In this case the land became a basic need.

The “Industrial Revolution” changed once again the way in which mankind related to their surroundings and their peers. In this instance Money changed its status from an exchange media to a primordial need.

All of these changes in the ways products were made and traded created also different methods for people to associate and also different ways in which they related to their environment.

We are now living through a new change in the production media and in the production methods. Human necessities have been evolving throughout human kind existence in this world and now, at the end of the industrial revolution, new products are available which are presented as human needs.

In reality the main product that is able to reach the status of basic need in the new era is information.

We consider information at the same level as food, clothing or shelter as a basic need for people’s survival in our new society, because a person without it, in the shape of skills and knowledge useful to perform productive activities, will not have the capacity to live a normal life. Without the proper skills and knowledge a person will not even be able to get the most basic resources to live in society so he/she will be destined to live a sub-standard life.

It is easy to see how the requirements for more elaborate skills and knowledge that a person must master in order to live with comfort in his/her social group have been increasing, especially during the last decades.

The status a person would be able to reach in our new society would be proportional to his/her contribution to this society. This means this status would be a function of their productivity. As this is also a direct function of their knowledge and the skills to perform the productive activities, then information will be as important as food for their subsistence.

In order to define Productivity we will say that to produce is to add value; i.e. only a person who transforms what enters into his/her area of influence into something that is more useful for other people is producing something.

This chapter will talk about the way in which our new society will be able to recognize value in its products and in the mechanisms on which the production and exchange of these products will be based on. The issues about knowledge acquisition and the development of skills will be analyzed in more detail in other chapters.

Before delving into the study of the economy in our new society and the way it would be managed we will dedicate some space to studying the concept of “value”. We will say that VALUE is anything that a person wants to get; i.e. anything that is susceptible of being wanted.

THE EVOLUTION OF VALUE

The most important value in our present society is money. It has replaced even God as the objective of human life for many people. It has also become the idol, most of times unconscious, for huge amounts of human beings living in our planet. Mainly among those of us who say we are part of the “Western Culture”.

How a dumb and unanimated object has obtained such an important place in the life of so many people requires an extended analysis. We will try to summarize this analysis in our study by looking at the concept of value and what it has represented in each one of the evolution stages of humanity; the ones which we have briefly talked about above.

During the hunters and gatherers era the supreme value was held by the elements that represented the life and death possibilities for the inhabitants of those times. The animals, natural phenomena, the rivers, the mountains and other nature physical features obtained the biggest admiration and fear from those peoples, so they became their gods.


Men depended on what they were able to get each day for survival so they called gods those things that they thought were able to provide or negate these resources to them.

The value was intrinsic in those things and it could not be modified by men. The value that consumables had was discernible only while they were consumed, so the value was not transferable. Besides that, the nomadic life almost did not allow for accumulation of things that were not required for immediate survival.

With the arrival of agriculture and the development of a new type of society in that environment, land acquired a value that a person was able to possess or not, so value became transferable. This type of society allowed for the existence of surplus, which pushed for the apparition of labor specialization.


Surplus reached the category of value that could also be stored and increased; this meant it was susceptible of human manipulation. The concept of Property began to exist as something men wanted to have. Natural phenomena and other similar elements continued being gods but at that point men felt they were able to rule and determine the destiny of some of the elements that they desired.

Labor specialization and surplus allowed the exchange of goods and this exchange required that value had to be measured and compared. Human labor became the comparison base. The amount of human labor or energy required to produce the valued object. Barter, at first, and then the development of a circulating media were based on the comparison of the amount of human labor required to produce the goods.

The fact that the value of the traded goods was not always equivalent forced the development of a medium that was able to represent the differences. This was the origin of circulating media. At that time it was just that, a medium, a way to represent value.

It was during the Industrial Revolution that money, the circulating medium, was allowed to have value in itself. At that time each human being was more or less specialized in the production of a limited amount of goods and he became totally dependent of other people to get the rest of the resources he required for survival. The factory, and later the production in series, made that the products that came out of the hands of each man and women were not theirs anymore. This made that each person was not the owner of the product of his or her hands. Then the only thing he or she was able to exchange was his or her work capacity. This capacity was put only in a small quantity in each produced piece.

Money became the main and practically the only way a human being could use to get what she needed or wanted. Money represented the medium to get all benefits so it started representing the supreme good, as a result.

On the other hand, up to the feudal times, which can be considered the maximum development of the agriculture era, the political power was held by persons who were somehow recognized as being specially selected (anointed); so their power was somehow derived from the deity who selected them. During that time the power was considered, up to a point, as a value that men did not have a handle on.

The appearance of the burgess, which also became one of the bases for the Industrial Revolution, allowed power to be held by those with big amounts of money. This fact made power a value that could be obtained and handled by a man, as long as he had enough economical resources to gain the possibility of ruling over others.

Money then acquired the meaning that no other element had been able to get before. It became the possibility to obtain almost anything on earth, including power, which had been up to that moment exclusive capability of the deity.

At that moment humankind appointed itself as the director of evolution and it proclaimed “God’s death”.

Besides the ones stated above, money has another feature that provides it with the idol character that it now has. It is able to reproduce itself.

The market laws have made it possible for the capital to generate more capital for his owner. This provides the money owners with the “right” to live and enjoy the use of goods without having to work; i.e. without producing anything.

These three features: The fact that it represents and acquires all sorts of goods for his owner; the power giving possibility and its own reproduction provide money its present status as the king of the world and also the main objective of almost all human beings inhabiting this planet.

Let’s take a quick look at the effects that we are experiencing as a result of the choice humankind has made; choosing money as the supreme value.

People do anything for money. In countries with weak or non-existing law enforcement entities, it is possible to find examples in everyday news of how, for many people, there is nothing forbidden or anything that cannot be justified, as long as there is personal economical reward. Drug trafficking, cruel guerrillas and paramilitary groups and, mainly, the one we think is the origin of this situation, the political corruption, exist because the people who make part of these processes want to get money. They do not care if they have to kill other people, destroy the environment in which they live, take the bread from the hungry child’s mouth or do any other bad thing, no matter how evil it may look.

But it is not only isolated individuals who behave criminally for money. It is known of countries and big organizations that throw food into the ocean in order to keep high prices, even when there are people starving to death in their own areas of influence. Cannibalism is common between companies and economic organizations. The survival of the strongest and the fact that the bigger one eats the smaller one are law in these environments.

Humanity as a whole is creating its self-destruction by hurting the sources of food, potable water, oxygen and the other conditions that Nature uses to nurture and protect it, including the climate and the ozone layer. All of this has been done and continues being done because of the desire to get the money obtained with the destructive activities.

Besides the above, the economic system, whose growth men pursue without looking at anything else, is unstable. The economists, some of which are people with great intellects and with a lot of knowledge and many years of experience, cannot predict the market’s behavior even with a few days in advance. Every once in a while the system generates huge surprises that disconcert and frighten everybody.

May be the biggest one of these surprises and the most remembered is the huge misfortune of the United Sates economy, the country where the market laws are allowed to work more freely, at the end of the 1920s. At that time the biggest market minds learned (the hard way) that the market could not be allowed to operate by itself. As a result they developed laws that provided the government with some tools to control it. The state intervention, anti-monopoly laws and other changes such as the association laws that ended up in the legalization of the unions provided new life to the system, thus allowing entities different from the market itself, to have some power to defend them against it.

These ingredients have allowed the Capitalist system to survive, not without big unexpected events, to today. But even today and especially due to its worldwide expansion, the fear for a big crunch is always present.

Humankind runs after money without hesitation; in its name and in order to get it people are able to do anything. This is the main reason why it blindly runs towards a fatal cliff. It is depleting the limited resources they need to survive without restrain. It is destroying Nature, which is its cradle and its feeder at the same time that it is killing itself by means of the violence that affects a great number of its members.

It may be possible to stop on time, but that possibility diminishes every day that goes by without trying; it is possible that humankind can take its eyes off the artificial light that blinds it so it can see the dangers ahead of it, but day by day it would be more and more difficult to stop before it is too late; we have the hope the damage we have done so far can be repaired but every minute that goes by without trying it makes this damage deeper and more permanent.

Our hope exists because we know that the blind mankind is not the driver of its own evolution. There are superior intelligences who have control of our final destiny and who have a plan for this poor world which looks doomed now. So, we will get another chance; after the big crisis a group of people, a “rest”, will survive. They will be able to get back on track and continue pursuing their destiny towards perfection. But things will have to be done differently then.

With this hope in mind we are here suggesting a plan to be followed by that “rest” as a start for their new path. This one we are suggesting is not the only possible way, but it is the one we have been able to foresee and which we offer as something vs. the void that occurs after a big crisis.

A NEW VALUE

The evolution we have followed and which we have shown a sketch of is not the best way.

Money as the world lord has shown its inability to guarantee the human society’s survival.

We have to look for a new system for assigning value and define something new that is able to represent that value at is base. This representative will have to be something that cannot obtain a status as value by itself but instead it will always have to be the symbol of something that transcends it.

We are proposing here that the new value should be the SATISFACTION OF HUMAN NEEDS or, in a bigger picture, the INTEGRAL GROWTH OF THE HUMAN SOCIETY.

Let’s define the term first.

When a human being gets something that benefits him or her, we can say that they have fulfilled a need and by fulfilling a need he or she improves as a person. When a person is able to fulfill a real need he or she grows; at the same time the human society grows, as it improves when any of its members does.

What we are suggesting is the development of a system that is able to measure the degree of satisfaction provided by a good or a service; i.e. quantify it, compare it against a basic unit, and in this way, assign value to each one of the products and services in our new society, based on that same unit.

This is not an easy task. The first problem is that we will be trying to measure something so far considered as intangible and subjective; but we will try it anyhow.

Let’s start by looking at the intangibility problem.

We will use information as an example. Information was also considered intangible until the dawn of the information era. When this one was borne it defined the BIT, from the words BInary digiT, which represents the basic unit of information. Nowadays we can exactly measure the amount of information in any material by looking at the number of Bits that material requires to be stored in an information piece of equipment.

The example is also useful to attack the subjectivity problem. The amount of information a person acquires when he or she confronts a specific material is particular to him or her. This amount depends on many factors including their own culture and the conditions existing at the time of the exposure. So we can say that information has a subjective character. Nevertheless, when we store the material in a technological and impersonal piece of equipment, its subjective condition disappears and its amount is measured by means of the developed standard.

So our first problem is reduced to developing and getting agreements on the unit we will use as the basis for our information system.

The second problem is the design of the measuring system itself; i.e. the system that will be able to quantify the amount of HUMAN NEED FULLFILLMENT that each one of the elements in the society, its products and its services can provide, independently from the human beings.

THE HUMAN NEED SATISFACTION MEASURING SYSTEM

We will use this section to sketch some of the characteristics and conditions this system would have to exhibit so it could be used as the structural base for our new society.

First, we have said that the base unit and the measuring system would have to be impersonal; i.e. independent form any particular person or any group of people.

Nevertheless, the personal value should be directly related to the individual personal development. We have said that the most valuable being on our planet is the human being, but we also know that each person is different to any other, which means that also their value as a person is different.

We cannot device a mechanism to measure personal value in a way that is fair and impartial, but we can evaluate a person by his deeds. Our Lord Jesus Crist said: “you will know them by their fruits”. We can use what each person puts forth from himself onto the world around him to evaluate his personal development and so his value as a person.

A person increases her personal value when she improves her own capacity either physically, intellectually, morally or in a spiritual fashion. This improvement should be visible by means of what she gives to others. During her life, each person grows. This growth is initially physical but later it encompasses the rest of the realms part of her personality which develop in parallel. This growth must be visible in her products. The society then can recognize a person’s value based on his/her output.

In this way the new equivalent of the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of a social group would be the addition of the increase of recognized values of all the individuals that make part of it. These values would actually be represented by the level that the society recognizes to each person in it.

There is another system characteristic that must be noted. The value stored in a product or service could only be recognized at the moment it is consumed. Moreover, the recognized value would be a function of the good this product would contribute to. So, a piece of food had by a person would have a value that would depend on the personal recognized value of the consumer, his level in society.

Another aspect is that even though the measuring unit would have to be impersonal, the valuation system would have to look at the satisfaction level of the benefited subjects in relationship with their environment. The benefit from a new good or service derived by a person would depend on the effect of that transaction in the people around him/her. In this way, for a person who has a lot compared to the average or those around him, getting something new may represent a negative value as this would increment the perceived difference between the person`s wealth and that of his/her peers. This actually happens now but it tries to be hidden. A very rich person has to forgo some pleasures and also keep security measures that limit his/her freedom in order to prevent being attacked by others who want to take some of the riches away.

The issue above can be expressed in a different way by saying that the valuation system or the function that assigns value should not be “linear”; i.e. this cannot grow in a straight infinite line but instead it should behave like the curve called in statistics and probability a “normal” curve. This line has maximum value in its middle point but its value diminishes towards its ends.

In other terms, we will say that there are goods or services that provide a person maximum satisfaction depending on the person’s own characteristics, skills, knowledge and environment. That level of satisfaction diminishes if the obtained goods or services are too little or too much compared to his or her actual needs. An item for consumption can provide maximum satisfaction to a person who can get the complete fulfilment of a need with it, but the same item could provide a very small level of satisfaction to a person for whom that element is not enough to fill his/her own need or for another one whom the same element does not represent a desirable accomplishment.

Our present society has put the desire to “have more” in each one of its participants; i.e. the need to get more and more things each time even when some of these elements do not provide any degree of satisfaction; for example the clothes we never use but that we still keep in our closet.

Our new society should put the emphasis on “being more”; i.e. on being able to develop our skills to the maximum degree and to be able to enjoy better those things that we have. Our new valuation system should allow and encourage people to work along these lines.

In our present society the retribution a person gets for the products they generate is provided by the relationship between the supply (the amount of similar products available to be obtained in the market) and the demand (the amount of those products which is actually wanted by the same market). The market is actually made of the available capital in the hands of the entities with capacity to decide on obtaining the products. The retribution is instantaneous; the product is exchanged by money which goes to the sales person or entity. Normally there are no more effects or relationship between the two parties in the transaction after this is done. The problem resides in the fact that what is able to get the products is the capital but not the people. A person without capital cannot get the products no matter how much they need them. In the same way, once the product is sold and after the supplier gets the money for it, its supplier does not obtain any additional consequence from the fulfilment or frustration the buyer gets from the product. Governments have had to generate laws to protect consumers against cases of extreme harm from products that do not comply with the specifications or the quality their suppliers say they have.

In a more humane society, such as the new one we are suggesting, the demand would be based on the needs of the people themselves and not in their capital, which is external to them. This means that everybody should be able to enjoy at least the minimum requirements for survival; but, also, to be fair and to prevent for lazy people from exploiting the system, the society would have to make sure everybody would produce at least what they consume, except on special cases and always for a limited interval of time.

Also the benefit obtained by the suppliers would have to be proportional to the one the users get from the product and for all the time the users use it, which means that the retribution that a person gets should be cumulative and time dependent. The product from a person would have to be able to generate benefits to its supplier time after it has been sold, as long as the product continues providing benefits to others. It would be cumulative as the supplier would receive retribution for each and every one of his/her products which continues providing benefits to others, but this would not happen forever. In an evolving society new and innovative products take the place of similar older products. This way each good becomes less useful with time and also it will gradually generate less retribution to its producers.

Let’s propose an example to illustrate the above. Let’s assume that an entity generates a piece of software with certain use, for example a word processor. Creating this product requires the use of some resources. In our present society the producing entity tries to sell its product for a price that pays for the costs incurred because of the use of these resources plus a profit, which it will try to maximize. The entity will try to maximize the profit most probably by the use of publicity, by using monopoly practices, by protecting their product through patents, licensing or by legally blocking other possible producers or, in some cases, by limiting the production or even destroying part of the produced goods.

In our new society the software producer would try to make a product that was so good and useful that it would be enjoyed by the biggest amount of entities, preferable the entities positioned in the highest levels of the society. The producer would also try to make the product advanced enough so it would be used for a long time before it could be replaced by a better one.

The producers would get a retribution that would depend on the amount and level of the entities that used their product and during all the time that each one of them used it. In the same way the human resources that made part of the product generation would get retribution proportional to their own contribution to it. The interconnected information systems would provide assistance to calculate the retribution earned by each contributor.

In our new society the retribution for value generated by an entity would not be transferable. Thus, the retribution I would get for the products I generate, could not be sold, inherited nor reassigned in any other way to anybody. Each and everybody would enjoy the results from his or her contribution to the welfare and advancement of the others. Especial cases such as that of a very young child or a very sick person with no accumulated retribution would be provided whatever they would need to sustain their lives in a kind of a loan which would be deemed to be paid at a later time, when they are able to do so.

As the acquired retribution would not be transferable or inheritable, it could not change owners in any way, a person should then be able to obtain the goods and services she would need for her own survival and enjoyment based on the benefits she has been able to produce for others. This means the society would not be able to support “dead loads” or non-productive people. We now that each person has skills and abilities which he/she must put to work to serve others and that they would get retribution for that. We also know that even those we presently call “disabled” because of a physical disadvantage in comparison with the other people we call normal, naturally develop other skills and capacities in areas that compensate their disability, so their disability does not really exist. Their capacity is limited for the performance of some tasks but they are specially gifted for carrying out other tasks. This is just part of the human diversity.

Children in our society can also be productive, according to their own development and skills. In the chapter dedicated to the family we said that the active participation of the little ones in performing home shores is necessary for their own development. As the kid grows he/she can be made responsible for bigger tasks in benefit of others, including helping with home shores, taking care of public areas, providing elemental services such as waiting in restaurants and other public venues, security, etc. He/she would perform these tasks as part time assignments in combination with their own studies, sport practices, artistic activities, etc. as part of their quest for integral development.

The elderly also have a lot to share. First, the experience they have obtained during their lives is a top quality resource for the formation, mentoring and orientation of younger people. Secondly, as the products they generated provide cumulative, long time retribution, the elderly will enjoy the benefits from the most productive stages in their own lives, including their own children. The elderly could also combine their activities with other ones such as trips and other tasks or even hobbies which they could also use to contribute to their society.

Another parameter the new value measurement system would have to take into account to calculate the retribution owned to the supplier would be the quality of the person that receives the benefit. So a piece of bread that feeds a person with very high productivity (reflected in the very high level the person occupies in the society) would provide bigger retribution to its supplier than a similar piece of bread that feeds someone with low productivity. This allows transferring value from the personal productivity of the benefited person to the suppliers of the goods and services they consume.

THE PRODUCTS OF OUR NEW SOCIETY

The inequality created by our present society’s values and its emphasis in individuality has caused that some human beings get excessive amounts of social resources as compensation for what they produce while other human beings die because of the lack of basic elements for their own survival.

The market economy and the fact that it is the capital the only means allowed for getting access to products, makes that the market gets restricted to only those with enough money to get the goods. This causes also periodic system crises every time the number of capital owners gets decreased due to capital concentration.

A crisis like this shows the capital based system’s weakness. The crisis happens because the capital concentration makes that only a few get the means to pay and also the products while, at the same time, most of people cannot get them because they lack the money, even though they need them. In this way the market and thus the society get stuck in a stalemate in which everybody loses.

One of the ways our present system has to get out of the crisis is to diversify products. Many different products are made so those with capital can buy them and the capital can continue circulating. Money has also become the salvia that keeps society alive. Marketing experts create the need for new products in people by disguising them in all ways possible. Unfortunately it is still only people with money who can get them. Those others with very small resources just barely make it and look with envy (which sometimes becomes hatred) those with money. To make matters worse marketing also works on them, it makes them desire these new things at the same time as it highlights the differences between them and those who can have them, thus increasing the unhappiness and the resentment.

The proposal for the new society is that people become entitled to get the resources based in their own quality as human persons and not in something external as money. Progress, which is vital in each human group, will create new products and better conditions for people, but not everybody will be able to have everything. The possibility for a person to get more resources would be based in his own productivity; i. e., it would be the compensation for whatever they would generate for others.

Present human beings have been looking for happiness by satisfying selfish desires, on the belief that experimenting momentary pleasures constitute happiness in itself. Our present society encourages these believes as they are vital for its own existence.

The Universe has been created with a totally opposed philosophy. The Natural Laws that govern it and us, even if we are not conscious of that, make that wholeness, personal peace and the rest of benefits that constitute real happiness, can only be obtained as a reward for the good done to others.

Coming back to philosophy for a little while, we can see that matter is just one step above the nothingness. Infinitely dense matter is equivalent to nothingness; that is why, when someone wants to get more and more benefits for himself; i.e. the more someone tries to condense himself, the closer he gets to vacuum and nonexistence. We see that in our own lives and in our surroundings. The more a person has and the more he depends on it, the less happy he is. His spirit gets closer and closer to emptiness but he tries to fill that vacuum with material things, which takes him into a destructive spiral in which the search for happiness in material stuff makes him increasingly unhappy.

Our present society has pushed mankind in this direction and that is destroying it, at the same time as itself.

True happiness, as we have said, can only be obtained in the Universe as a result of GIVING. Devoting ourselves to the good of the others is what gives us true happiness at the same time as it shapes us and develops us, getting us closer to our destiny, GOD, who is the total wholeness and total perfection.

This is the reason why our new society will be devoted to human being welfare.

On the other hand, at this point in time there are so many objects available in the market that even those who have the means to get them easily become “saturated”. It is now very difficult for marketing experts to get them to buy more, even using all the advances resources at their disposition.

Most of the companies that sell “objects” have financial problems at this moment. The companies that are doing well now are mostly the ones that are in the information business or the ones that offer some specialized services. Demand seems to be changing towards specific services; information is one of them.

HOW A PERSON WILL MOVE FORWARD IN OUR NEW SOCIETY

Our society would work towards allowing the maximum development each person could get. She would have to start working on this objective from the person’s cradle.

The young kid would have to be involved in tasks that would generate the best for him and everyone else in his family since his earliest days. Tasks such as taking care of his own things and areas, housekeeping, etc. would have to be assigned according to his physical, intellectual and psychomotor development. Performing them will contribute to creating belonging and self-importance feelings at a subconscious level, which will help to the development of his body, mind and spirit, together with his own sense of responsibility.

People in our new society should combine productive activities with learning undertakings, sport practices and artistic endeavours at all ages and all the time. So, participating in the production of goods and services that benefit others would be part of the everyday life for everybody.

A young person would dedicate part of his time to work. They would preferably perform tasks with physical demand and manual labor. From this age on and depending on her developed skills, accomplishments, her demonstrated progress and her advances in the intellectual and artistic areas, she would start gradually taking higher level responsibilities. This would go together with assessment and tutoring from older, more experienced people in order to continue focussing her efforts in those areas where her natural skills would provide the most advantage.

Growth towards higher responsibility jobs with less physical component would be happening according to her results; in this way, a person with high natural endowment and with agreeing personal development would be able to quickly go up in the administrative ladder and so in the society. She would be able to go up with a faster pace than other person who would not be able to demonstrate the same abilities or the same dedication to serve others. In this way only the best and those who would mature faster would be able to reach higher positions in the society. The chapter on education includes a suggested method for a person to move towards those areas in which she can perform better, with the help of older and more experienced people.

Advancement towards more advanced steps in the society will happen with the involvement and the participation of people working as judges. They would certify the accomplishment of the objectives required to get the raises. The first judges for a child would be his parents and teachers. Later, as the young person demonstrated that he could assume bigger responsibilities, he would be able to perform tasks that would benefit larger number of people, besides his own family and his closer circle of friends. His judges would be people belonging to bigger circles each time; these circles would become bigger as the person development grows. The chapter dedicated to the justice provides additional information about the characteristics, the role and the responsibilities judges would have.

We have also said before that only those who can be recognized as adults would be able to make decisions and make part of the market in the new society. Adulthood would be a function of maturity and not of age, as in our present society. An adult in the new society would be someone whom this society would be able to assign tasks related to vital operations for the life and development of other people or the society itself. Of course obtaining that status would be only for those who would have been able to demonstrate enough qualities to deserve it. A high percentage of people presently called adults would not be able to reach that status with their present development in the new order.

A new adult would become part of the production machinery, together with everybody else, and also, as everyone else he would have responsibilities in it; these responsibilities would have an increasing effect on the lives of the other people as he would progress in the society. The method sketched in the chapter about education would allow him to select those areas in which he would perform the best to use his finest features, thus he would be able to grow in the society according to these abilities and his accomplishments.

Most of a person’s time would be dedicated to the generation of goods and services for others, but he would also have to perform in the other areas of his personality, including his physical, emotional, artistic, spiritual and familiar development. This last one because by then he would not be evaluated only as an individual but his evaluation would have to take into account the results shown by his family as well.

Older age, which our new society would respect and appreciate, would allow the person to dedicate less and less time to good and service production. He would decide and would be allowed to use less time to pure productive activities and more time to other activities such as consulting, training or education, research, judgement or orientation of younger people, according to his own desires and results.

As previously stated, our new society would not support “loads”. Each one of its members would make part of the production system and everyone would put the best of himself in service of his peers. Everyone would be paid according to his results. Recognition, as important as it is for every person, would be automatically generated as part of the benefits that each person would be getting in compensation for his work.

The goods and services generated by our society would help, initially and foremost, the people in the same society; but the surplus should be used to help people outside as well, depending on the surplus amount and also on the geographic and functional closeness with them.

MANAGEMENT OF COMMUNITY RESOURCES

Every society has things that cannot be owned by a particular person or group, even when the society recognizes private property. These resources belong to the whole society as it requires of them for its own survival and operation.

In our present world each country defines which elements are of the state or the nation property. In most of present countries the roads, utilities, underground resources and a good amount of entities and companies belong to this category.

The rulers of the new society would have to define which elements are public properties and which can be privately owned, according to the social needs.

There is not private property in the most advanced places in the Universe. Nobody owns anything as everybody is dedicated to do the Father’s Will so each person gets a place to live, the required consumables and whatever else may be needed to accomplish her mission. Everything serves to the optimization of resource utilization in order to help the creation in its way to perfection. Happiness at that level is related to being, not having.

As any of the communal resources requires of others for its own maintenance, improvement, exploitation, etc., it is required that the society manages those resources.

These resources are used or benefit everybody in the society in one way or another, so, everybody should contribute the required means to make them useful. As the value, in our new society, would be the satisfaction of human needs, the contribution each person would make to the improvement of the communal resources would be recognized depending on the impact of the contribution and the benefit each subject derived from it.

Our society would also have entities which would take care of these resources, their maintenance, improvement and administration. These entities would organize themselves in a shape of a pyramid, as everything else in our society, from the regional to the global ones, with increasing responsibilities in each step.

Land, the part of our planet’s surface used to generate consumable goods through agriculture and which is also the platform for homes, industries, etc. is a good that has been given to human kind as a whole, not to any particular entity. Then its utilization must be paid to humanity itself also. The payment should depend on the usefulness of the place itself; for example, its closeness to communication ways, population or production centers, proximity to water bodies, etc. In general payment would depend on the place characteristics that make it attractive to people. This is generally called the “Land’s rent”.

Other communal goods include the water, the underground resources, the scenery, breathable air, natural sources of energy such as solar energy, the wind and even tourist attractions such as the ruins from older cultures, etc.

The societal government should manage the use of these resources, making sure that they are not damaged, as they are required for the human kind’s and culture’s survival.

In the same way, a person would have to render some of his retribution as payment for those goods he enjoys without having been produced by him, including communal resources.

Good management must be able to get profit from its operation. In the case of communal resources, profit obtained from its use, should be reinvested in order to benefit those less fortunate, but this help should never take the shape of any “subsidy” or any free gift for anybody. Profit should be reinvested so they generate more profit; we think this happens with the development of more infrastructure, communication ways, utilities, information pathways, science, etc. This means the investment in the development of more communal goods, which will allow more people improve their own productivity and their welfare.

There are two more items that require the injection of these profits; one of them is public health, mainly in the areas of research and development of new technologies and new medicines, as well as the temporary attention of the sick, which cannot be required to produce.

The other issue, which we think is even more important, is the education and personality formation of the young ones. Children must be considered as society’s communal resources, so it must look after them. Society is aware that its future survival depends on the accomplishments of these beings that are starting to live. This should make society get concerned about the proper rising of its youngsters, even if it means limiting the freedom of irresponsible parents in relationship with their offspring.

The entities that are responsible for managing the societal communal resources will look at the maximization of the profits they get from their work, being conscious of the how these resources are necessary to improve the life of those less fortunate and thus the entire society.

THE GOVERNMENT ECONOMY

We will talk now about the way government officials will make their living.

Those who get to become government officials would be the ones that would have demonstrated having the highest personal development and best management qualities. Society will reserve the commanding assignments for those whose deeds would have signaling them as the best qualified to guide the social group and the most important enterprise, the whole society.

These would require also that these people would be able to enjoy the fruits from their jobs, as everybody else in the society. Their retributions would be a function of their accomplishments in benefit of all their governed ones. This would also mean that when these accomplishments would not be enough to justify them holding power, which in itself is a retribution, they should step aside to let others, with more capabilities, take the reins. They would then slowly and swiftly move to assessment, advice, training or other jobs that would take advantage of their still great skills and bigger experience.

This way the state would not require any type of operational budget or capital. Each person making part of it would enjoy the fruits that their own jobs would have generated in benefit of others and their retributions would be proportional to the benefit their actions and decisions would produce for the members of the entire society.

28 Nisan 2020 16:01 3 Rapor Yerleştirmek Hikayeyi takip edin
2
Sonraki bölümü okuyun Education

Yorum yap

İleti!
Henüz yorum yok. Bir şeyler söyleyen ilk kişi ol!
~

Okumaktan zevk alıyor musun?

Hey! Hala var 9 bu hikayede kalan bölümler.
Okumaya devam etmek için lütfen kaydolun veya giriş yapın. Bedava!

İlgili Öyküler