kitty-chan-7711697122303 Kitty Chan

Itsuki is a 5 year old girl living a peaceful life. However, on August 6th 1945, the bombing on Hiroshima occurred. How will she survive through this disaster?

Anı & Hayat Hikayeleri Tüm halka açık.

#hiroshima #90377 #istuki #bombing
Kısa Hikaye
okuma zamanı
AA Paylaş

Itsuki's story: the survival through the bombing of Hiroshima

Being 83 years old, I feel like time has passed so much. It just feels like yesterday. While being only 4 years old, seeing my family members dying is the worst part ever. And that isn't even the worst part. The worst part is that I was the only one who survived out of my family of seven.

Hi, let me introduce myself. My name is Shizuka Itsuki, and this is the story of my life, about how I went through the bombing of Hiroshima, to just being lonely in your life. I was born in September 18, 1940, and my zodiac sign is virgo. I am the youngest sibling out of my five siblings. Three girls, including me, and two boys. We were living the traditional way of life in Japan, and a supremely peaceful life. However, things took an unexpected turn.

On 6th August, 1945, Colonel Tibbets, captain of the B29, Enola Gay, was flying at 31,600 feet over the center of the town of Hiroshima. In the hold, the bombardier, Major Ferebee, was busy with the mechanism that was to release the bomb. Now Ferebee took aim at his objective.

The bomb dropped.

With a diabolical whistling scream, the monster hurtled downwards.

The crew of the Enola Gay pulled dark glasses over the eyepieces in their oxygen masks, as they had been told to do. None of the flyers knew the point of wearing these dark glasses. None of them knew what would happen in the next few minutes. They were merely carrying out strict instructions.

And all of them waited, all of them numb. And they listened, and thought they could hear the whine of the falling bomb. But it was not the whining they could hear, it was the rush of blood which their wildly beating hearts sent pounding through their veins. And all of them, with stony faces, stared blankly into space, motionless, paralysed by the faint inkling of a disaster such as the world had never known.

The watch on Colonel Tibbets's wrist was unaffected by the violent throbbing of his pulse. Inside it, tiny cogs were turning, each revolution sending one second after another into the past. The hands stood at fourteen minutes, thirty-five seconds past eight o'clock.

On the bomb, an ingenious device released a parachute. The hands on the watch pointed to fourteen minutes and fifty seconds past eight o'clock. At that moment the bomb was 2000 feet above the ground.

And when, at fifteen minutes past eight, it had dropped a further 500 feet, a scientific device lit a fuse inside the bomb. Neutrons split the atomic nucleus of a heavy metal, uranium 235, and this splitting continued in a series of unbelievably rapid chain reactions.

In the millionth part of a second, a new sun flamed in the sky, a glaring white light. A hundred times brighter than the heavenly sun. And this ball of fire radiated several million degrees of heat on to the city of Hiroshima.

At that moment 86,100 people were burned to death.

At that moment 72,000 people were severely injured.

At that moment 6280 houses were blown in pieces, and the vacuum thus created sucked them several miles into the air as particles of dust.

In the 86,100 people, my six family members were also included.

In the 6280 houses, our house was also blown in pieces.

However, by a miracle, I survived, but got severely injured, like the 72,000 people. After I got severely injured, I became unconscious, bearing the pain.

At that moment, too, 3750 buildings collapsed, and the ruins began to burn.

At that one moment deadly neutrons and gamma-rays bombarded the site of the explosion over an area of three-quarters of a mile.

At that moment man, made in God's image, had used his powers of scientific invention to make his first attempt to destroy himself.

The attempt succeeded.

The Enola Gay had made a half-turn south-westwards. Soon after dropping the bomb, the crew had seen a flash of light that dazzled them for several seconds, despite their dark glasses. The glaring, sudden flash was followed by a roll of thunder that drowned even the noise of the engines. Immediately afterwards the plane was shaken as if it had suddenly run into a storm zone. At first the flyers could not believe that all these phenomena were the consequence merely of the bomb explosion. They had never expected nor ever experienced such monstrous repercussions. At first they thought the bomb must have a hit a large ammunition dump; but now they saw a gigantic mushroom of smoke rearing up more than half a mile above the spot where the bomb had been dropped. And they saw that the head of this sinister mushroom was composed of balls of fire, surpassing any human notion of the fires of Hell. There was something so diabolical about this fire incarnate that the watchers remained motionless in their seats, as if paralysed.

Colonel Tibbets stared wildly at the dreadful mushroom of smoke and flame. With a faint conception of the most colossal disaster ever to have struck a human community, he was the first to pull off his dark glasses and look down. But instead of the sea of houses that composed Hiroshima he saw only swirling brown smoke. He tried to account for what had happened. The Enola Gay had carried a bomb. Only one! He had seen it. It had been scarcely bigger than any of the many thousand-pound bombs dropped on enemy objectives in earlier attacks. It had only been a different shape. And it had been attached to a parachute instead of hurtling freely down. Was it possible for a bomb of only average size to annihilate a whole town? No; it was impossible. It could not be. Because it would be inhuman. And because such a devilish intention could not have been thought of by men in their right minds. Yes, the answer was that such a thing was impossible.

But what his eyes showed him was no imagination. The city of Hiroshima was almost completely enveloped in smoke from the explosion.

After long hours of unconsciousness, I regained consciousness. I was feeling a mixture of pain and anger, as I had never felt before. However, I saw other people's sorrow. After sometime, I was interrogated by the police about the bombing. I have told them everything I could remember, even though I was dumbstruck at that time. They sent me to an orphanage, where I saw other kids who were also affected by the bombing. I stayed at the orphanage until I was old enough to find a job. The orphanage exceled at the fields of education and food supply, and it also taught us other necessary life-saving skills. For the next 42 years, I served in the army, protecting people and my country from dangerous events. At 60 years old, I retired, getting a pension and a huge amount of money. In that time, I married someone, and had two kids, whom I love dearly.

Now I am 83 years old, where I still recall all of my worst and best days, where I have my family by my side.

26 Şubat 2024 05:19 0 Rapor Yerleştirmek Hikayeyi takip edin

Yazarla tanışın

Yorum yap

Henüz yorum yok. Bir şeyler söyleyen ilk kişi ol!