jasperkpeddeo13 Prosper David Eyo (Kpeddeo)

Ewan Murray, on the cusp of his 18th birthday, finds himself at crossroads as he grapples with the expectations and uncertainties of adulthood. Within three days, he navigates the challenges of self-doubt, school, family indifference, and self-discovery, and finds solace in the haunting melodies of his mind and the support of his mother. Guided by the notion that being on your own does not mean being alone, is Ewan sure to embark on a journey to define his own path, where strength, resilience, and the pursuit of finding oneself intertwine? Join Ewan on this captivating coming-of-age tale, where the quest for authenticity and belonging intertwines with the profound realization that the path to adulthood is a lifelong odyssey. ... published May 28, 2023. Copyright © 2023 Kpeddeo.


Genç Kurgu Tüm halka açık.

#inspirational #motivational #teen-fiction #comingofage #life #self-discovery
1
3.0k GÖRÜNTÜLEME
Tamamlandı
okuma zamanı
AA Paylaş

Coming of Age

Ewan Murray sat on the edge of his bed, his gaze fixed on the calendar hanging on the wall. The days were slipping away, each one bringing him closer to a milestone he was not entirely sure he was ready for. There were only a few days left before he would turn eighteen, officially stepping into the realm of adulthood — a realm that both intrigued and frightened him. The room around him seemed to echo his inner turmoil. Posters of his favorite movies and series, including Barney, adorned the walls. Their vibrant images reminded him of simpler times. The remnants of childhood toys peeked out from beneath the bed, silent witnesses to the passage of time. It seemed as if his room itself could not decide whether it belonged to a child or a young adult.

Ewan rubbed his temples as the burden of expectations sat down on him. All his life, he had been a pathological people pleaser, striving to meet the lofty standards set by society. But no matter how hard he tried, he always fell short. His family, in particular, seemed to have a vision of the person he would, could, should be — a vision he struggled to fulfill. As he contemplated the journey that lay ahead, uncertainty gnawed at him. What did being eighteen really mean? What was he supposed to do with adulthood? The world was vast and grim, and he felt unprepared to face its challenges.

His thoughts drifted to the upcoming commemoration of his birthday. Unlike other families, his own did not make a fuss over birthdays. There were no grand parties, no lavish gifts, but just a simple family dinner. It was a stark reminder that he was different, that his family did not stick to the norms of society. But he did not like it that way. It was going to be his eighteenth, not his thirteenth birthday. He wanted it to be given some special treatment because of its significance. He took a glance at the mirror that sat on his dresser. Staring back at him was a face that still bore the resemblance of a thirteen-year-old boy. His physical development had been annoyingly slow, leaving him feeling ugly and inferior compared to his male peers. Some said he had the ugly duckling syndrome in which someone gets prettier but continues to believe that they are the same ugly persons people knew years back. But how? He was already seventeen, going on eighteen.

The thought of attending university, where everyone would be physically mature and confident, filled him with unease. How could he measure up to people's nods when he felt so physically inadequate? He sighed, a heavy burden settling upon his shoulders. In his mind's eye, he saw himself as an anti-hero, as someone who did not fit the mold society expected him to fit. It was a lonely place to be, navigating life with the constant fear of disappointing those around him. But deep within Ewan's heart, a spark of defiance flickered. He longed to break free from the expectations that weighed him down, embrace his uniqueness, and forge his own path. He yearned to discover who he truly was, beyond the confines of being a pathological people pleaser.

As the sun began its descent, casting golden rays across the window and into the room, Ewan laid his head down on the bed. Exhaustion washed over him, a mixture of physical and emotional weariness. He closed his eyes, seeking solace and clarity amidst the tumultuous thoughts swirling within. Sleep enveloped him, carrying him away to a dreamscape where possibilities were limitless and worries momentarily faded. In the realm of dreams, he found solace and a sense of freedom, if only for a fleeting moment. And as he drifted into a deep slumber, his mind danced with visions of what lay beyond his eighteenth birthday. The road ahead remained uncertain, but he knew that he could not stay stagnant. The challenges and opportunities that awaited him beckoned, and he was determined, yet scared, to rise above his doubts and fears. Ewan had yet to realize that the true essence of coming of age wasn't about reaching a specific age or having to meet everyone's expectations. It was about self-discovery, growth, and the unwavering belief that he had the strength within him to shape his destiny.

And so, as the sun set on that eventful day, Ewan Murray laid his head down on the bed, ready to face the dawning of a new chapter in his life with a renewed sense of purpose and a flicker of hope in his heart.

30 Mayıs 2023 07:50 0 Rapor Yerleştirmek Hikayeyi takip edin
1
Sonraki bölümü okuyun If You Never Bleed, You're Never Gonna Grow

Yorum yap

İleti!
Henüz yorum yok. Bir şeyler söyleyen ilk kişi ol!
~

Okumaktan zevk alıyor musun?

Hey! Hala var 5 bu hikayede kalan bölümler.
Okumaya devam etmek için lütfen kaydolun veya giriş yapın. Bedava!