jason-dunn1614890549 Jason Dunn

Finding out his wife cheated on him left him heading for work, and things started to happen to him. Sitting a sign leading out of town divided to keep on driving and never looked back.


Gizem/Gerilim Tüm halka açık. © ©jasondunn2021

#Snakes #stories #inkspiredstory #shortstories #adventure #mystery
7
2.6k GÖRÜNTÜLEME
Devam etmekte - Yeni bölüm Her 2 günde bir
okuma zamanı
AA Paylaş

The Serpent: Part 2

Pulling out of the garage, I kept on driving; nothing crossed my mind as I went along; Thinking about turning on the radio, I reached down turning it on.

The wind blew through the window as I felt the cool breeze on my face. Nothing feels better than the cool breeze; I looked around, noticing the scenery was changing.

The world is different when you escape the city life and come to the country; it feels it looks more accurate, the air is fresher than the polluted air in the city.

I don't know how long I've been driving, but It has been hours until I had arrived in the country; noticing a rest area on the side of the road, I pulled up, switching the engine off as I gazed out upon the open field glancing into the vast country lands

Pulling out of the garage, I kept on driving; nothing crossed my mind as I went along; Thinking about turning on the radio, I reached down turning it on.

The wind blew through the window as I felt the cool breeze on my face. Nothing feels better than the cool breeze; I looked around, noticing the scenery was changing.

The world is different when you escape the city life and come to the country; it feels it looks more accurate, the air is fresher than the polluted air in the city.

I don't know how long I've been driving, but It has been hours until I had arrived in the country; noticing a rest area on the side of the road, I pulled up, switching the engine off as I gazed out upon the open field glancing into the vast country landscape.

Opening the door, I placed my leg on the rim of the window as I kicked back, relaxed as I ate and drank my favourite soft drink; A cold can of Pepsi; I must've stayed there for at least a few hours before noticing the day went quickly, and the sun was glimmering across the green grass.

I stared at the sun, watching the beam of light shining across the grass disappearing in the distance, across the grass was slowly disappearing; dusk sets in. the light dims, My eyes slowly start to blink, closing my eyes they were heavy; I couldn't keep them open as I drift off to sleep.

The following morning the sun was blazing over my head; sweat was ruining down my face

As I woke up by the glare of sunlight hitting my face,

Sitting up, I wiped my forehead with my arm getting out of the car" Bloody hell, raising my arm to block the sun, I walked around, opening the boot grabbing a towel to wipe my face.

Opening an esky, I grabbed a bottle of water sculled it as I grabbed another, closing the boot and sitting back in the front seat;

Looking around, I started the car then drove off, heading along the road getting further away from the country. The scenery changed.

It was getting hotter; the heat was blistering. I don't know where I was going, but the more I drove, everything around me was changing; the country turned into a more open area, but dirt had covered the country floor,

It's where the grass meets the dirt on the verge of the baseline at the border.

The wheels on the vehicle hit the dirt; the gravel flicks up as you can hear the sound underneath; driving along the reddish-brown dirt road, tyres on the car try to help as they slide smoothly. Holding the steering wheel tightly, I grip, feeling the car gliding along.'

I have to be careful the soil is soft. If I don't be careful, I could crash.

Then in front of me, a broken down rusty sign appeared, Saying, " Welcome to the Simpson desert, Simpson desert?? I reacted," How did I get out here,

I quickly slammed on the breaks coming to a complete stop staring out the windshield

I noticed the built-up dust flowing over as I glanced up the dirt road looking out towards the stretch of reddish dirt landscape.

Opening the door, I placed one foot out as I stood, turning back, staring behind me when I turn back around, facing the long stretch of road as it disappeared in the distance, the outline of meagre can observed far away.

" Where am I, I asked myself; Leaving the door open, I left the car running as I walked back towards the sign to have a look,

Standing there looking up at the sign, I read it and noticed the arrow pointing in the direction I was travelling.

Getting back into the car closing the door as I kept on driving with no point in turning back; the sun was gleaming down, the heat was intense, getting hotter with every hour goes by.

Looking out across the desert surrounded by only the red dirt that covers the land,

I drove, kept on going as the blistering sun overhead shines brightly.


To Be Continued


©jasondunn2021












08 Eylül 2021 01:34 0 Rapor Yerleştirmek Hikayeyi takip edin
1
Devam edecek... Yeni bölüm Her 2 günde bir.

Yazarla tanışın

Yorum yap

İleti!
Henüz yorum yok. Bir şeyler söyleyen ilk kişi ol!
~