kayla-sherd Kayla Sherd

Going on a picnic with your friends and aunt and then having your alien stolen from you because of stupid sirens is not the greatest thing to admit. But Rykel admits it. She can't live without Virus and Virus can't live without Rykel. Rykel must try to find a way to get Virus back and catch the two men who stole it from her...but how? She doesn't know where the two men went and telling the police that someone stole your alien isn't the best option. Aunt Katherine goes under cover to try to rescue Virus, but when things go poorly and a new danger threatens to destroy the whole city and more, Rykel has to be the one to destroy it.


Aksiyon Sadece 18 yaş üstü için.
0
5.3k GÖRÜNTÜLEME
Tamamlandı
okuma zamanı
AA Paylaş

Chapter One

Rykel was sleeping peacefully in her bed when she felt something tap her shoulder. Groaning, she pulled the blankets around her head to block out the intruder.

“No, it’s too early,” she replied in a monotone. She felt the covers being taken off of her and her eyes popped open. She sat up quickly, reaching for her blankets. A large, single tentacle held the corners of the blanket, keeping it just out of reach.

Wake up, Rykel.

“Virus, come on, just five more minutes?”

No.

“Ugh, fine. Be like that.” Rykel flopped back onto the bed and turned over on her side, ignoring the Kypos. The tentacle hesitated for a moment and, dropping the blankets, swatted the girl on her side. Rykel, eyes popping open again, flew to a sitting position and tried to grab the floating appendage.

“Virus! Come here!” The only answer was the Kypos’s deep laughter. “Get back inside!”

You will have to catch me first, Rykel.

Rykel lunged for the tentacle. It danced out of the way, heading towards the side of the bed. Rykel attempted her catch again, but the Kypos was quick. Dodging the hands, Virus laughed again as it watched as Rykel rolled to the end of the bed. Its tentacle hovered over the girl’s face, teasing her.

Aww, come on, Rykel….you’re much faster than this….

Rykel lunged and got what she wanted. Feeling the soft, warm substance in her hands, she gave a triumphant “ah-ha!” and proceeded to get off the bed.

“I got you, Virus. Now get back inside,” she said as she stood in her room.

You’re fast.

“Thank you.”

But better think fast.

“What?”

Rykel saw the head snake out slowly from her side, the large, toothy grin greeting her. A soft, greedy growl came from the Kypos as it drew near.

"I think you are forgetting what day it is, Rykel," the creature said.

"Well, it's Monday," Rykel said gloomily.

"Yes, but it is more than just a Monday." Virus put its head on one side and looked at Rykel. "It has something to do with someone special to you....someone....close, does it not?"

"Hold on, stop looking at me like that, you're making me unfocus..." Rykel averted her gaze from the steady eyes of her Other. "Um, let me think...."

"It's Aunt Katherine's birthday."

"Oh! Shoot! It's Aunt Katherine's birthday!" Rykel looked around her room frantically. "Virus! Why couldn't you just say that!"

"You were foggy in your brain, Rykel." Virus came up closer and the grin widened considerably. "I didn't want you to assume anything."

"Wha...why would I assume?" Rykel hurriedly went out the door and down the stairs.

"It just so happens that you were thinking about us....were you not?"

“Okay, fine, you win, you win,” Rykel said with a smile, knowing the extraordinary creature’s motive. “What do you want to eat for breakfast?”

Pancakes.”

“We had that yesterday.”

“With syrup!”

“I think we’re out of syrup.”

Can’t you buy some more?” Rykel headed to the bathroom.

“Yes, but I can’t exactly walk to the store. It’s, like, ten miles from here. We’ll have to eat something else.”

Humans?”

“What? No!”

Bad guys?”

“We went out a week ago.”

Rykel….”

“What?” Rykel asked as she picked up her toothbrush and squeezed the mint green toothpaste onto the bristles.

You are not brushing your teeth again, are you?”

“I have to, Virus,” Rykel sighed.

Virus sniffed the toothpaste and made a face. It waited patiently until Rykel was finished and took the toothbrush in its large tentacle.

Rykel turned and began to carefully brush the Kypos’s teeth. Virus started and pulled back. Before she knew what had happened, Rykel had toothpaste dribbling down her face.

"Ew! What the...Virus!"

"Sorry, but it's disgusting!"

"Well, can you at least get a towel so I can wipe my face off? Look, it's all over my face." She suddenly felt the warm, long tongue swiping across her face. Before she could stop herself, she cried out, laughing,

"Virus! Stop!"

"This is the quickest way, Rykel," Virus replied.

Rykel tried to not laugh but the more the Kypos licked her, the more giggly she became. Virus was immensely enjoying this. It liked feeling that its Other was happy and it made it grin as it heard her laugh and wriggle.

"Hold still," it told her, taking hold of her arms.

"I... I'm trying," Rykel replied. When Virus had been satisfied that the toothpaste was off her face, it drew back.

"But you have to brush your teeth, Virus," Rykel said. "And, plus, you have it all in your mouth. Come on, let me finish."

"Only for you, Rykel," the Kypos sighed. Opening its mouth again, it allowed its Other to begin brushing its long teeth again.

"See? It's not that bad," Rykel told it.

"The brush feels nice, but I still don't like the sticky, smooth intestinal thing."

"It's toothpaste, Virus," Rykel told it with a slight grimace. "And please don't say it that way." Virus grinned.

"What would Aunt Katherine want for her birthday?" Rykel asked, mostly to herself.

"Humans!"

"No! Virus, my Aunt is not a cannibal!"

"What else do you get for someone's birthday then?"

"Well, you bring them gifts and we have a party."

"What's a party?"

"You'll see. Should we invite the others?"

"They're probably busy with work."

"That's true." Rykel paused as she looked around the kitchen. "Let's see..." She headed over to the pantry. Virus was still out and curiously looked around to see if it could assist its Other. "We have to make breakfast for her. She's probably still sleeping. She didn't get in until late last night."

"That's true. I heard her come in."

"Here, can you grab that box over there?" Rykel pointed to a corner. One of Virus's tentacles whisked out and curled around the box. "Thanks. Now we can start."

Virus watched as Rykel started making eggs, bacon and toast. It was fascinated by the way its Other worked. Looking over the girl's shoulder, it sniffed the air and growled in satisfaction.

"That smells good," it purred, nudging its Other affectionately.

"Yeah, this is not for you, it's for Aunt Katherine," Rykel reminded it sternly.

"Fine."

Aunt Katherine woke up to the wonderful aroma of breakfast. Turning over, she was going to look at the clock but instead of seeing it, she saw a tray of breakfast food and a card neatly placed near the lamp.

Smiling, she took the card and opened it. Inside it read,

Happy Birthday, Aunt Katherine! Love, Rykel and Virus.

There was a small crease where Virus has supposedly folded it too hard but Aunt Katherine didn't mind. Smiling again, she set it aside and began to eat.

"Hey, can you turn the sink on?" Rykel asked.

"What's the magic word?" Virus replied with a chuckle. Rykel gave her a look.

"Please."

The Kypos turned the knob and the water started spilling out of the faucet into the sink tub. Grabbing up the plug, Virus stabbed it into its place and reached for the soap.

"Hey, hey, hey, easy on the soap," Rykel cautioned as the eager Kypos began dumping handfuls of the liquid into the water.

"Sorry, but the bubbles are so fun to play with," Virus replied as it set the soap container back where it belonged.

"I scrub, you rinse," Rykel said.

"Why?"

"Because last time you covered me in soap bubbles, that's why," Rykel said with a sigh.

"It was pretty funny."

"No, it wasn't....."

"Aw, c'mon, Rykel......" Virus's tongue slowly stuck out at the girl. "You looked cute."

"I...I did not. Now here. Rinse this." Rykel, taken by surprise and blushing a little, handed the black creature a plate, which Virus took with a smirk.

They worked in silence for a few moments before Virus grew bored. It needed some spice to this boring work. Looking over at its Other who was vigorously scrubbing the egg pan, it looked into her memories. And to its pleasure, it found out that the girl was thinking about it...Virus. Virus almost started purring with happiness.

Looking deeper into the memories, it saw that Rykel was thinking about them being together...about them and their good moments and their bad...about her dreams.

Her dreams.

Virus was very pleased to find out that its Other had been dreaming about it for weeks now. It wasn't anything special, mostly of them doing everyday things, but suddenly the Kypos stumbled across a wonderful discovery. Rykel had dreamt about them when they had been in the Other World.

It could see Rykel pinned up against the wall, the water that had tried to fill the room receding down while it and Quill kissed her. It could still feel the girl's heartbeat as it entered inside of her and could see the ecstasy written across her flushed face. Just the remembrance of this old scene made Virus very, very happy. It wouldn't mind if they did it all over again. In fact, it wouldn't mind if they did it right now....but Rykel might not want to.

That gave Virus an idea. It slowly reached out a tentacle towards the radio that sat nearby the end of the countertop and flipped it on. An ad had just finished and the announcement speaking was the introduction for new songs about to be played. As the song started playing, Rykel looked up from her scrubbing.

To be young and in love in New York City

To not know who I am, but still know that I'm good long as you're here with me

To be drunk and in love in New York City

Midnight into morning coffee

Burning through the hours talking

Damn, I like me better when I'm with you

I like me better when I'm with you

I knew from the first time

I'd stay for a long time 'cause

I like me better when

I like me better when I'm with you

Rykel looked over at Virus who grinned that mysterious grin and started purring.

"Wipe that smirk off your face," Rykel said, trying to sound stern but her voice cracked. Virus moved its head closer.

"You know....this song isn't so bad...." it growled in that already thirsty manner that Rykel knew so well.

"Sh-shut up." Rykel went back to her scrubbing, keeping her face hidden from the prying eyes of the black head.

I don't know what it is, but I got that feeling

Waking up in this bed next to you

Swear the room, yeah, it got no ceiling

If we lay, let the day just pass us by

I might get to too much talking

I might have to tell you something

Damn, I like me better when I'm with you

I like me better when I'm with you

I knew from the first time

I'd stay for a long time 'cause

I like me better when

I like me better when I'm with you

"Rykel....." Rykel could feel the tentacles gently wrapping around her as the Kypos moved closer. She wished her face would stop flushing but she couldn't help it.

"Dang it, Virus," she whispered as the soft, wet tongue tenderly curled around her neck. "Stop it. You're going to make me--"

"Then say it." Rykel looked at the large, white, opalescent eyes and was about to say something, but the tentacles were making it so hard to concentrate. "I know you want it...."

"S-stop it." Rykel whimpered as her face flushed ten shades harder when the Kypos placed its forehead against hers.

Stay awhile, stay awhile

Stay here with me

Stay awhile, stay awhile, oh

Stay awhile, stay awhile

Stay here with me

Lay here with me

Eh-eh, eh-eh, eh-eh, oh

I like me better when I'm with you

I like me better when I'm with you

I knew from the first time

I'd stay for a long time 'cause

I like me better when

I like me better when I'm with you

"Stay with me, Rykel....." Rykel closed her eyes and breathed in a shaky, excited breath as she felt the Kypos so close to her.

"Alright," she whispered.

"This song fits us."

"I don't like coffee."

"You don't have to. All you have to do is be mine. Plus, that means you were listening to the song…"

Rykel could feel her heart picking up its pace.

“Oh, there you are.” Rykel and Virus turned to see Aunt Katherine standing in the hallway, leaning up against the wall. Rykel was pretty sure she was as red as a tomato at that point and stuttered a few times before saying,

”Oh, hi, Aunt Katherine. How was breakfast?”

“It was excellent, thanks for making it,” Aunt Katherine said with a smile as she came in further. “I see you and Virus are doing the dishes?”

”Oh! Yeah! Yeah, we wanted to help out,” Rykel said, still avoiding Virus’s gaze.

”Thank you so much for this, guys,” Aunt Katherine said with a smile. “You don’t know how much this means to me, and last night….last night was rough. Thank you for doing this.”

You are welcome,” Virus replied with a nod.

”Well….what do you want to do today?” Rykel asked.

“Hmm….not much, really. If I was going to do something, I would want to do it with both of you.”

”Thanks.”

”But, unfortunately, I do work the afternoon shift.”

“Stink.”

”I’m sorry, but there’s nothing I can really do about it,” Aunt Katherine replied with a shrug. “But if you were really wanting to help me out today, I do need some groceries from the store.”

”Okay.”

”You know which store it is?”

”Yeah. The one Mrs. Roberts works at.”

”Now I can drive you down or Page can. I won’t be offended if you choose Page because I know you and her haven’t hung out since you came back from the whole Other World place, but—“

”Really? Thanks, Aunt Katherine!” Rykel hugged her Aunt and then started up the stairs to her room.

“You’re welcome.”

“Seriously, Virus?! You had to be doing that when she came in? How long had she been standing there?!”

Long enough to understand,” the Kypos said with a toothy grin. “But why are you so upset about it? She already knows you are my Other.”

”Yeah, but only as friends, Virus, not as a couple or a relationship thing,” Rykel said as she sat down on her bed and began texting Page.

You do not see us as a couple?” The Kypos’s tone was astonished.

”No. At least not yet. I mean, we’ve only known each other for a few months.”

Yes, but your dreams? They have given something away about you…. something you wish to never believe.” Rykel looked up from her phone and stared into the white, glassy eyes of the Kypos.

“Stay out of my dreams,” she demanded shortly. “They’re none of your business!”

Everything of yours is my business, Rykel. You know you can’t hide anything from me.”

“Shut up, or else I’m going to put you in the jar.”

Grrr…” The Kypos growled low and it wasn’t a friendly one either.

“Don’t make me do it.” Virus glared at its Other and slowly moved back inside. Rykel sighed and then went back to her phone.

27 Temmuz 2021 19:50 1 Rapor Yerleştirmek Hikayeyi takip edin
1
Sonraki bölümü okuyun Chapter Two

Yorum yap

İleti!
Kayla Sherd Kayla Sherd
Sorry, this first chapter’s just fluff but I promise it gets better….
July 31, 2021, 18:31
~

Okumaktan zevk alıyor musun?

Hey! Hala var 14 bu hikayede kalan bölümler.
Okumaya devam etmek için lütfen kaydolun veya giriş yapın. Bedava!