Would you go back to the past if they told you that you can change it? What would you change, and what not? Probably for many this question is not easy to answer, and neither is it for us. That's why we're going to give you the opportunity to try it with your own lyrics. The new contest of this month if about a HISTORICAL NOVEL. You must write a chapter, of maximum 400 words, about a historical event -with which you feel identified or for which you have some kind of interest- and turn it into a novel of this genre adding fiction elements.
The most interesting story, well structured and with the potential to have more chapters written, will be the winner. Of course, spelling and grammar will be taken into account. Any error of these will subtract points.
Start date: February 13, 2019
Closing date: March 13, 2019
"The historical novel is a narrative subgenre that was configured in the romanticism of the nineteenth century and has continued to develop quite successfully in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, using a fictional argument, like any novel, has the characteristic that it is situated In a specific historical moment and real historical events tend to have some relevance in the development of the argument.The presence of historical data in the narrative may have a greater or lesser degree of depth. It is also common for this type of novels to have as protagonist a real or fictional historical character through which fiction develops. "
1. You must write the first chapter of a Historical Novel, and publish it in your Inkspired profile. Make sure that the first chapter presents the story's plot and that it contains a maximum of 400 words.
2. Once published, you can edit it until deadline.
3. The story must be published as Story with Chapters of the Historical category.
4. You must tag your story with the hashtag #HistoricalNovel in the hashtags section.
5. The story must have a title, a proper cover and a brief description.
6. It must be unpublished and exclusive of Inkspired for the duration of the contest.
7. Once the contest is over, the story should remain published on the platform for a minimum of 6 months, and our recommendation is that you continue writing it.
8. The contest will have a single winner. He or she will be announced during the third week of March.
9. The jury will be Inkspired editorial team, which includes Jackeline Vargas, Content Manager, and Ginya Les, Leader Ambassador. The winner will be chosen according to the story's structure, the level of interest generated in the first chapter and the potential to have more chapters written. Creativity, originality, grammatical and spelling quality will also be taken into account, as well as the respect of the terms of the contest.
10. A minimum of 20 participants is required for the contest to be official.
11. To get additional points, just upload and share your story in one of your Social Networks (Instagram or Facebook) and tag us @getinkspired.
1. People from any part of the world can participate, but the story must be written in English.
2. The story must contain at least one full chapter, of 400 words, and be published in the Historical category.
3. The novel must be of your authorship, we do not accept any kind of plagiarism and there may be legal actions if this is infringed.
4. The story must be exclusive for the duration of the contest.
5. If you are not a current user of Inkspired and want to participate, you just have to register. It's free!
6. The novel may be any historical event of interest to the author.
7. The work must have the hashtag #HistoricalNovel in the hashtags section. In addition, you must have a title, a cover and a brief description of the story.
8. This time you can participate with a single story. No more stories by the same author will be accepted. If this happens, all his/her stories will be disqualified.
9. Anyone who spam will be disqualified.
10. The terms of the contest must be fulfilled. No work that exceeds this term will be accepted.
11. Stories can be edited only during the contest term. Once closed, no changes will be accepted.
12. Once the winners are announced, they should write to [email protected] to coordinate the delivery of the prizes. If the winner is not pronounced within 15 days, the prize will be awarded to the second place.
13. You do not need to participate from the first day, you can do it whenever you want while the contest is open.
14. Participation in this contest means that the user knows and accepts the bases thereof.
1. We also have contests in other languages -Spanish and Portuguese-, you can see them in the contests section of each language.
First place: 1 basic cover for the winning novel, 1 feedback from the jury with suggestions to continue writing the story, and the recommendation of the story in our Social Network every time a new chapter of the winning novel is published.
1. Go to www.getinkspired.com
2. Register as a user (if you are not already). You can do it manually or via Facebook.
3. Click on CREATE A STORY.
4. Choose the type of story you want to publish, in the case of the contest it must be: STORY WITH CHAPTERS
5. Write the title of your story and the category (in this case it would be HISTORICAL). The title can be edited later if you wish.
6. Write your story as a single chapter.
7. Once written click on 'save' and then 'close and go to the story’s profile’.
8. Here you can add the hashtag #HistoricalNovel, the description, the cover and the language. Remember that the hashtag must go both in the hashtag section and in the description.
9. Then you will have to go down to where your chapter’s title is and click on the button that says 'Draft' and change it to 'Published'.
10. You can see a video tutorial on how to post here: https://getinkspired.com/faq/ -but it is in spanish.13 Şubat 2019 15:01 2 Rapor Yerleştirmek 12
Do not confuse writing with knowing how to write. This is fundamental within literature, especially since any person can publish online. However, if your real dream is to become a writer, the professionalism of your stories and words is crucial.
Online publishing has brought many benefits to independent writers such as: immediacy, effectiveness in reaching an audience and support from a reading community. But the quality of the texts, the spelling and grammar is not always filtered, things that no writer should forget.
On Inkspired we seek to support authors to grow, learn, get known and eventually fly alone as great writers. That’s why the stories verification process was created, which has as main objective to promote all the stories that have great quality. Having your story in the “Waiting for Review” status doesn’t mean that it is not published on our platform, but once I verified it will give you greater reach among readers, as it will be constantly recommended.
Here we give you several tips to have your story verified as soon as possible.
1) Be meticulous with your spelling and grammar. Check accents, letters and even typos or keyboard errors. Take care of the punctuation and the capital letters in the whole text, but also on the synopsis and title.
Recommendation: If you do not have very deep knowledge about spelling, you can ask a friend or teacher to read your story, or hire a proofreading service (there are many at a good price).
2) Create a good plot. A writer is an artist, someone creative who proposes a different and interesting story. Make sure your plot is innovative and engages.
Recommendation: Tell your story to someone nearby or read it out loud. Breaking the silence of the mind makes you realize what you are telling.
3) Maintain consistency between the title, the cover, the synopsis and the text. Everything must be connected. The title and cover should give a clue as to what is to be read.
4) Take care that your story, title and / or cover do not infringe the Inkspired Community Guidelines.
Recommendation: If you do not know what the rules are, you can read them here.
5) Take care of your story’s presentation: Write in paragraphs, use the same fonts, and design an original cover.
Recommendation: If you do not have design skills, on Inkspired we offer the cover design service. You can request it here.
6) Request Beta Readers, these are people who will you a review and feedback about specific aspects that you ask about a chapter.
Recommendation: Specify what you want Beta readers to analyze. Try to focus on one or two things so they can give you deep insights and suggestions.
7) Request priority in the Verification of your stories.
Recommendation: We recommend this 100%. On Inkspired hundreds of stories are published per day, and verifying all is a long process that requires time. When you request priority in the verification, your story goes to a smaller list that is review with greater urgency. To request this service you can enter the following link.
8) Be flexible in correcting your stories.
Recommendation: If your story receive a comment from our editorial team, correct it as soon as you can and answer the comment whenever you do it, so we can verify it inmediately.08 Şubat 2019 11:35 0 Rapor Yerleştirmek 11
Your story can be wonderful, be perfectly written, present an interesting plot and deserve to be read, but if all of this isn't transmitted properly from the beginning, readers could ignore it. And what happens? The story could be lost. For this reason, the cover of your book is one of the most important points to consider.
You must have heard before that a cover is your cover letter. It is what the reader will see first and therefore, it must motivate him to grab your book and, at least, read the synopsis, or better yet, the first pages. But many writers, especially those independent writers who at the moment publish their works on digital platforms, do not know how to create an quality cover.
You should know that according to the bibliography, and the famous authors, a good cover contains these characteristics:
- A title that communicates and at the same time draws attention.
- A quality photo or design that conveys a bit of what the story is about.
- The author's name.
- A short phrase that tells the reader what your story is about and that, at the same time, leaves the suspense, wanting to read the synopsis or the book as such. (This is optional)
While the creativity of the cover and the quality of the design or photography are important, a cover should gather the essentials of your story, and your personal style as an author. It is a way to tell the reader who you are, and what you write about. This will be your identification.
If at the beginning you find yourself with the great inconvenience of not knowing how to create your cover, and you do not have professional help, there are certain platforms that have pre-designed templates to help you in this process. Inkspired, for example, offers you the option to choose between 7 templates for free, and choose from 8 different colors. All you have to do is find a photograph that fits the design properly and you will have your cover in less than 5 minutes.
However, it will always be better that you design it, because in this way it will be exclusive and readers will be able to relate to your story immediately. Remember that sometimes images are remembered more than words.
As a way to support you on this, one of Inkspired self-publishing services is the cover's creation, and you can choose between: basic cover, cover with photo assembly or an illustrated cover. You can buy this with credit card or exchange it with your Reward Credits.
Do not forget that the cover is as important as the content, and it should express the essence of your story.23 Ocak 2019 14:25 0 Rapor Yerleştirmek 10
Writing something so short can become the hardest thing you could ever write. And that is precisely the micro-stories art. There are stories that with just a few words have everything: good characters, a great plot, and a worthy ending. And they are also easily remembered (even memorized) thanks to their brief sentences.
Many authors point out several tips and tools to write a micro-story in an appropriate way. However, at Inskpired we believe that once you know them, it is you who puts the art and style of each story. Ou advice: be free while creating.
To honor what a micro story is, we will tell you in a few lines the things you should keep in mind when you decide to write one of these:
1. Be brief. This short story should have between 2 to 200 words, no more.
2. Deepen between genders and play with them. You can combine them and use subgenres.
3. Specify the information.
4. Use the ellipses if you need it.
5. Be direct.
6. Show what you want to tell, but at the same time do not say everything.
7. Let the reader imagine certain things.
8. Use an unexpected ending or a twist to your story.
Keeping this in mind, allows your imagination to flow and let creativity be the one that prevails. Remember that these types of stories are in full swing, because with new technologies everything is more immediate and there are people who increasingly seek to write or read less. On Inkspired we have released a new format of micro-stories, in which from your iPhone App you can write and read all you want. Very very soon it will also be available for Android.
These are some examples of famous micro stories that can be your guide:
“A blind man, with his white cane, in the middle of the desert cries out because there are no obstacles to help him on his way”.
“In Sumatra, someone wants to get a doctorate as a fortune teller. The wizard examiner asks him if he will pass or fail. The candidate answers that he will fail… “
Jorge Luis Borges
“Wake up, it’s late, a strange man shouts at me from the door. You wake up, you’re the one that needs to, I answer him. But that stubborn man just keeps on dreaming.”
Ana María Shua
“And then there was the nine-year-old boy who killed his parents and asked the judge for clemency because he was an orphan.”
08 Ocak 2019 16:34
Again, invaluable information that is a must read for the new as well as the seasoned writer. I have Very difficult time finding that perfect level of detail. I'm hoping this platform will offer the assistance and/or guidance I so desperately need and crave. Thank you for sharing your insights on this subject matter.
Ziyaretçilerimize Reklamlar göstererek Inkspired’ı ücretsiz tutabiliriz. Lütfen AdBlocker’ı beyaz listeye ekleyerek veya devre dışı bırakarak bizi destekleyin.
Bunu yaptıktan sonra, Inkspired’i normal şekilde kullanmaya devam etmek için lütfen web sitesini yeniden yükleyin..