- So you really are leaving - Odeya’s best friend, Alix Buxveden frowned at the sight of the mountain of boxes as she walked in the apartment
- My word is my law, besides you know that I’ll die single and virgin if I stay here
- But you don’t have to go! Do whatever you’re planning here
- I humiliated myself during high school and college and I think the only way to move on is going somewhere no one knows me
- I bet nobody but you remember what happened. What if your soulmate is here?
- I made a fool of myself, it’s engraved in the whole town and come on, my soulmate? The one that married her high school sweetheart talks about soulmates. You aren’t even allowed to brag about your luck
- You can’t say I didn’t try
- I appreciate it but the decision is made
- I’m going to miss you, Goldie
- I’ll miss you too but this is something I must do
- And will you come back if you achieve it?
- I don’t know, I mean, probably not, you’ll have to go visit me
- Damn you
- Sorry - Odeya shrugged-. I’ve been hurt so many times and I just don’t want to be here
- Go to therapy like a support group or something like a normal person
- I’m not a normal person, you know that
- It was a way of saying it! I know you have always been different
- Which is exactly why I have to do this, to fit in! I’m tired of being alone
- You don’t have to do this to fit in
- I’ve decided
- Then best of luck
The childhood friends sank the subject and embraced tightly and then took out a board game to spend the night like they did every weekend since their school days just one last time.
* * *
Odeya closed the door behind water eyed Alix then sighed heavily glancing at the cardboard boxes already sealed and numbered full of the stuff she would need to build a new life.
From a village of Scotland, she was moving to Switzerland. Zurich to be more exact.
A city with diversity and vast population felt like the perfect setting to start.
A single tear streamed down her cheek at the thought of the change but she wiped it with the back of her hand as she remembered all the times she was never corresponded by the guys she fancied and how many of them cut every contact with her after the first date.
She didn’t want this anymore.
“It is okay baby, you can do this! Put yourself together, come on” she thought and smiled at her self-motivation to then stand up to go to bed. It was going to be a long day.
Спасибо за чтение!
Мы можем поддерживать Inkspired бесплатно, показывая рекламу нашим посетителям.. Пожалуйста, поддержите нас, добавив в белый список или отключив AdBlocker.
После этого перезагрузите веб-сайт, чтобы продолжить использовать Inkspired в обычном режиме.