S
Samantha Adams


Neo can't control his shape. Or his power for that matter. Jax came from god knows where. With magic he's been told not to trust. And Rosa. Is Rosa. The fairy in the middle of it all. Hunters, creatures, and gay angst- oh my! Welcome to Dempsey. Where nothing is quite what it seems. For people who love: Simon and Baz, Danny and Colton, Merlin and Arthur. Magic, fighting, lust, loss, and of course, snarky humor.


Фентези Городская фантазия 13+.

#magic #lgbtq+ #fantasy #creatures #adventure #faerie #centaurs #shapeshifter #hunters #magicschool #elves #werewolves #humor #gay #gaylove #rainbowrowell #snowbaz #fluff #smut #merpeople #trolls #ogres #gnomes #nymphs #handholding #kissing #bestfriend # #naturemagic #monster #battles #fighting
0
5.2k ПРОСМОТРОВ
В процессе - Новая глава Every week
reading time
AA Поделиться

Roof

Neo


I'm sitting on the roof.


Again.


It must be the third time this week. I wouldn't be up here at all if Jax (that's my roommate) wasn't such a fucking prat, yellin' at me for walkin' in on his bloody guitar practice. You woulda thought I'd interrupted a rock star at work the way he was yappin at me. So now I'm out here on the roof and he's inside, practicing, making up for the time I made him lose.


What. An. Arsehole.


Anyways.


I don't actually mind it out here. The snow is cold but I don't feel it, not really. And secretly, I like having a place to myself. No one else has a roof they can go out on at Dempsey. No one else has anything special at Dempsey like Jax and I.


But I guess that's what happens when you're the only ones of your kind.


See, at Dempsey, that's the school for creatures and all things weird, creatures are put in rooms by age, gender, and type. So two male werewolves in their 2nd year would be roomed together. So would two girl fairies. You get the idea.


But Jax and I? Not a chance.


That's because I'm not just one creature. I'm everything. Or at least, I can turn into anything.


And Jax, well no one knows what he is (well I do. He's a prude arse that's what he is). I don't even think he knows. He just showed up one day spewing magic that no one can explain. So they let him in.


And what happens when there's no one else like you?

You get put together, that's what.


That's why we're in this situation right now. With me on the roof and him hogging the bloody room. Typical.


I could have gone to Rosa's (that's my best friend. She's a fairy with this crazy blue hair and sparkles all over her creamy skin.) or Lochness Lake. But I didn't really feel like it. I had been bullied by all the professors today. Lots of "Neo, control your change" and "Neo, you have to be faster". Always be faster, be better, stop sucking. They make it sound easy. Like they know what it's like to be able to do EVERYTHING.


Yeah. Right. No one knows what this is like. I am quite literally the only one of my kind. And I know that because no one even knows where the bloody hell I came from. I was just plucked out of the Borgnines Orphanage one day and placed here. And then I never left.


Except to go to Rosa's family's house. Or battle dark creatures and hunters. Or sneak to Chouler, the town that's closest to this bloody school, to get the sweets and drinks and everything else we can't have here.


Don't get me wrong. I love Dempsey. It's the only place I know as home. And every time I think about going back to London, back to some stinking care place, it makes my stomach twist. As much as having these random changing powers is a real pain in my arse, I don't know what I'd do if I'd never had Dempsey or Rosa or Professor Kai or even Jax.


Scratch that. I could definitely live without Jax. I'm pretty sure he's evil, you know. He's tried to kill me so many times. No one ever believes me though. Of course. One look from those crystalline blue eyes and everyone is on his side. Which means I'm pretty sure he can control minds. Which is evil.


I sigh, shaking the thoughts like sprites from head. Too much thinking. I need to stop thinking. Especially about Jax, that prat.


I look up at the sky, wrapping my arms around my legs. The khakis I'm wearing (part of our uniform at Dempsey, you either wear brown or black trousers) are starting to get wet. But I don't mind. The sky is beautiful. An empty ebony pit dotted with silvers and golds. Sometimes I wonder if the stars aren't actually creatures themselves, like fire nymphs just wondering around the sky. Even after five and a half years, I still love looking at those stars.


Jax

Neo's just looking at the sky, that bloody fool. He's always looking up. Like what's on the ground isn't good enough for him.


Sometimes I don't blame him. I don't think anything could be good enough for him.


I watch him for a moment longer, staring at his sharp shoulders until they start to shudder lightly from the cold.


I should leave him out there all night. I could leave him out there all night. He wouldn't think to come in, stupid wanker. Probably doesn't want to face my anger again. I smirk, pleased with myself that he at least is scared of me sometimes.


His shoulders shudder worse and I sigh, rolling my eyes. I tap on the window roughly once, letting him know he can come back in. He turns his head sharply, catching my blue eyes with his green ones.


But I look away.


This time.

20 марта 2023 г. 19:41 0 Отчет Добавить Подписаться
0
Прочтите следующую главу Nymph

Прокомментируйте

Отправить!
Нет комментариев. Будьте первым!
~

Вы наслаждаетесь чтением?

У вас все ещё остались 20 главы в этой истории.
Чтобы продолжить, пожалуйста, зарегистрируйтесь или войдите. Бесплатно!

Войти через Facebook Войти через Twitter

или используйте обычную регистрационную форму

Похожие истории