30
8.7k ПРОСМОТРОВ
В процессе - Новая глава Каждые 15 дней
reading time
AA Поделиться

One

"Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch." — Jack Thorne


CHAPTER ONE



Stella's POV


The slanting rays of the sun gives tinges of warm orange and red to the sky. I watch the sun going down the horizon gradually as the stars start twinkling in the vast, purple sky. It's so good to feel the warm sun rays hitting my skin.


I keep my book in the shelf and let out a deep breath. Leaning against the wall, I look up at the small twinkling stars in the sky, he's there, my father. He passed away six months ago, due to cancer. We tried everything, but couldn't save him. But do you know what's the worst part? The fact that my mother married again and everyone is just fine with it. I was the only one who stood up against this and yet, I got no back up.


"Stella, are you in there?" I hear a voice calling me with a knock on the door. It's my brother, Lucian. He's my eldest brother followed by Leo.


"Yeah." I reply lazily and open the door for him to come inside.


"You've been distant lately." He comes in and explores my room.


"And you know the reason very well." I close the door and turn back. He doesn't reply to me, instead he gives me a glare. I sigh and sit on my bed, my eyes following him from one corner of the room to the other corner. "What do you want Lucian?"


He stops right in front of me with that intimidating face of his. "I want to talk to you."


"Then talk." I cross my legs, keeping my hands on the bed.


"What happened to you Stella?" He knits his brows coming closer to me. "You've been so distracted for the past few months. You're not eating properly, not socializing with anyone and you stay quiet all the time." He kneels and holds my hands. "Talk to me." He whispers.


"Why should I?" I question him.


"Because I want to help you, whatever it's about." He smiles.


"Whatever it is about?" I chuckle. "What did you do when dad died? Did you even take any initiative to help?" I get up and move towards the table. "Oh, I'm sorry, how can I forget? You were busy with that stupid girlfriend of yours, Chloe. You were following her like a lost puppy when you had to be here, helping your father." I shout. "You didn't even care for your own father, how can you possibly care for me?" My voice breaks.


Lucian stays quiet, not a single word escapes from his lips. He stares at me as if I said something unbelievable, but that's the truth, he never cared.


"You're joking." He sighs. "When I was needed, I was there. Dad himself didn't want me to be there for him!" He yells.


"You weren't. Dad was dying in front of you..." I crack, my eyes filling up. "Yet, you didn't even look at him." I finish my sentence with a sob.


"I cared, okay? I really did. I just didn't know how to show it. When I went to him, he always turned away." He breaks. "I didn't even know why he hated me so much." He whispers.


"He didn't." I shake my head. "He loved you the most, you didn't see it." I sob.


"If he did, he would be the one to show it." Lucian says and goes away. I just stand there, crying.


"Sweetheart, dinner is ready." Mother knocks the door after sometime.


"I'll be there in a moment." I crack.


"Are you okay?"


"Yes.... Yes mother, I'm fine." I take a tissue paper from my drawer and rub off the tears from my face. I observe myself in the mirror. My hair's messy, my face is pale and my eyes are red. I brush and braid my hair and take a few deep breaths to make myself look a bit fresh. After a few moments, my face looks.... ugly, but fine. I can't change the way I look, right?


I frown at myself, grab my phone and climb downstairs. I walk into the dining room and take a seat beside Leo, ignoring Lucian and my step father, Giovanni. The food is served neatly on the table and everyone is eating it heartily.


I stare at the food and remember how lively our family dinner used to be with my father. He used to tell us jokes, about his business and other stuffs. My step father, on the other hand, is a serious and glum faced human being. He's of no fun, boring person.


Clearing his throat, Giovanni starts speaking with his deep, boring and old voice "Tomorrow, we're having some guests over." He declares. "Stella, I would appreciate if you help your mother with the preparations. Don't lock yourself in your room." He glares at me, fixing his spectacles.


"But I have a test tomorrow and it's really important." I peek up at him. "I'll help her after coming back. Mom, is it fine?" I turn my gaze towards my mother.


"Of course dear. Your studies are more important." She smiles warmly and averts her eyes towards Giovanni.


"That's okay with me. Moreover, we do have Violetta." He nods after noticing my mother's stare.


"But Violetta's sick, how is she going to do all the work?" I frown.


"She's getting paid for this. She has to do her job no matter what." He replies coldly and puts a spoonful of brown-rice into his mouth.


"Sure." I mumble chewing my food furiously out of anger.


"But, who's coming?" Leo asks enthusiastically.


"The Romanos."


********







30 июня 2022 г. 5:14 3 Отчет Добавить Подписаться
7
Прочтите следующую главу Two

Прокомментируйте

Отправить!
Niki Pleva Niki Pleva
Very good start, never stop writing please.

  • Shree D.G Shree D.G
    Thank you so much <3 November 17, 2022, 09:54
R Rose
I loved the way you described the things in detail. Keep up the good work👍🏼
~

Вы наслаждаетесь чтением?

У вас все ещё остались 5 главы в этой истории.
Чтобы продолжить, пожалуйста, зарегистрируйтесь или войдите. Бесплатно!

Войти через Facebook Войти через Twitter

или используйте обычную регистрационную форму

Похожие истории