frustratedmusician Lucía Armario

Looking at the list of candidates my dad had established for me I got even more depressed, I couldn't just marry somebody who was only interested in my money and body. Looking up I saw him, he has always been there for me since he started working for my dad. We used to play together since we were kids, becoming a teenager was easier by his side and as long as I've lived he has been my most intimate confidant. You could say he knew me better than my own dad. I had to marry him. He was only a nobody from the streets, somebody who made his way to this house with nothing but I wanted him, at least until my dad forgets about the marriage thing. If he says no everything is over for me. He's just my last chance.


Ficção adolescente Impróprio para crianças menores de 13 anos.

#mafia #action #romance #drama #marriage
37
8.7mil VISUALIZAÇÕES
Em progresso - Novo capítulo Todas as Segundas-feiras
tempo de leitura
AA Compartilhar

Chapter 1: Maybe next year.

Well, let me tell you it's not fun or entertaining like you see in films. There is nobody threatening your life or hot guys with guns around, you can mostly see fat and rich men who look at you like a simple piece of meat they would like to have in their bed and honestly?

That's extremely disgusting.

The worse part about it? You have to be nice and sweet with everybody even if you hate those persons. Like my dad says they are all potential "partners", basically people that could let you a hand whenever you're struggling with another mafia or the police. Why am I talking about this? Well, imagine having dinner with some of your father's partner and their family. The old guy, who is sitting in front of you, doesn't stop staring at your neck and cleavage and he would definitely jump on you if your dad wasn't around.

Yuuuup, welcome to my world ladies and gentlemen.

"Right Leah?"

I realized my dad had been talking with me and I, not even interested in whatever he was talking with his perverted friend and his posh daughter and wife, had stop listening a long time ago focusing only on the delicious plate of food that was placed infront of me. I really loved the way Laurel, the woman who cooked for us, cooked meat. It was simply delicious and no matter how many times you tried to copy her plates it would never taste like when she cooks it.

"Yeah, definitely" I said willing to not make my dad dissapointed on me not paying attention. He looked at me surprised and I frowned a little "What?"
"I'm surprised you're so excited about finding a boyfriend"

The water I was drinking got stuck in my throat. I quickly covered my mouth and started coughing like crazy.
I wasn't excited about finding a boyfriend, I hated guys. All of them were interested in two things:
1. My money.
2. Getting between my legs.
And none of them made me incredibly happy. I have never had a boyfriend, I have never ever kissed somebody and I definitely will not have a one night stand with somebody. Sometimes it makes me feel a little lonely but then I remember that the feeling of getting your heart broken must be way worse so I start feeling happy again. I've been surviving without sex for 20 years, I could survive without it for the rest of my life.

"That was an allergic reaction" The girl, whose name I clearly didn't remember, commented amused.
"Exactly" I said cleaning my mouth, clearing my throat "No boyfriends for now"
"But look at Diana, she's getting married next month!" My father said sounding extremely excited

I looked at Diana and frowned. She looked way younger than me. What made her so impatient about marriage that she couldn't wait a bit more or forget about it?

"And soon I'll be giving my parents some grandchilds"

I started coughing again, this girl needed a serious check up with a psychiatrist.
I bet the hardcore drugs she had been sniffing in our bathroom before dinner were damaging her brain seriously.
Don't misunderstand me, I love babies, they are the cutest little people in the world. My brother Leon is waiting for one at the moment and I'm more excited than him about the baby coming out of his girlfriend's belly but I was still too young and not ready to deal with one myself.
I was not ready to be a mom or to be married.

"See honey? Why not think about it?" My dad insisted, he was pressing the issue in front of strangers thinking I was too embarrassed to deny it with them here.
"No way, maybe next year"

Those words made him mad.
Dear God help me as son as this people are gone because a huge storm was coming my way.

"I-I mean, you're so young Diana" I commented looking away from my furious dad, trying to communicate with somebody happier
"But me and my baby boy James are deeply in love" She answered blinking really fast.

Baby boy? Ew.
Somebody had mommy issues.

"James Reed?" My dad asked amazed, the Reeds were another important mafia
"Yeah, James Reed" Diana's father said proudly, finally moving his dirty eyes away from me.

Oh wow. James Reed had tried to get in my pants last week when I went with Kylie to a club, life is amazing isn't it? That's why I'm a single pringle.

"Lovely guy" I said smiling "You caught a good boy" I winked at her, she smiled proudly....Poor girl.

At some point the conversation turned to a much more relaxed topic. Bussiness.
Our plates were taken away and the adults along with Diana, who seemed to be very interested in the money her dad made, stayed in the living room chatting. I just headed outside to get some fresh air, as soon as the Cooper get out of my house I was going to get scolded for saying what I said but I still didn't regret it. When was he going to accept I wasn't ready for that level? Was it that hard to understand I was happy with only my friends?

"Trying to get sick to not go to school?"

I jumped a little when his voice sounded out of nowhere. With a hand on my pounding heart I turned around to find Lucas standing there, his silly yet amused smirk on his face as he looked down at me with those chocolate brown eyes. Remember earlier when I said I would never have a one night stand? Well with Lucas I would think about it twice before saying no.
Lucas appeared at the door of my house when he was a little kid, he's a couple of years older than me, wearing a white shirt that had turned grey because of the dirt. ripped jeans and worn out shoes. He was about to pass out due to the lack of food and water and after agreeing to work for my dad he became a member of our mafia.
He was the youngest member but the most skilled one.
Lucas had gone from half dead kid to play boy. Tall, fit with defined muscles, tanned skin full of tattoos all over his body, chocolate brown eyes and messy black hair. He also had his own scent which was something between cigarretes, perfume and wet earth...Weird I know but kind of sexy.

"No but I almost died there" I answered slapping his chest
"Ow, take me to the hospital" He muttered chuckling, resting his hand where I had hit him
"Yeah, that must have hurt so much right?"
"Definitely" He winked down at me and I sighed, I was not in the mood for jokes tonight

Lucas tilted his head and I could feel his eyes on me, examining my face.
A bad thing between us was that we kind of grew up together. He was like the ultimate bestfriend/brother/childhood crush I had through all this years, he was always by my side making sure nothing bad happened to me and Lucas had learned to read my expressions and mind.

"Again with the marriage thing?" He asked leaning down so we would make eye contact.

Like I said, he somehow could read my mind.
Creepy.


8 de Junho de 2018 às 10:54 9 Denunciar Insira Seguir história
15
Continua… Novo capítulo Todas as Segundas-feiras.

Conheça o autor

Lucía Armario Hi stranger! As I always say, I hope you enjoy reading my stories as much as I enjoy writing them!

Comente algo

Publique!
Faith Johnson Faith Johnson
ooh this is interesting! I can't wait to read more!
October 09, 2023, 15:01
Carlynn Marjorie Carlynn Marjorie
This is so awesome and I'm craving for morreee😩 plus, I already loovveee Lucas
October 06, 2023, 11:46
Merve Gündoğmuş Merve Gündoğmuş
Strong start!
September 07, 2023, 14:02
Michelle Ambrose Michelle Ambrose
This is so good. Love it xx
August 19, 2022, 08:22
Russ Acedera Russ Acedera
Great start! I'd like to see how this is going to turn out. You know what, you can join NovelS tar's writing competition.
April 25, 2021, 13:14
 Roy Roy
WOW!! its awesome!!! Keep it up
September 24, 2018, 08:41
Allie Waters Allie Waters
Wonderful! Keep writing such a great story!
June 12, 2018, 13:13

~