Terror takes over Inkspired this Halloween. And this can give a #MicroPanic to anyone. But calm down, the remedy is to take it out and write it down.
On Inkspired we give you this opportunity with a new contest called MicroPanic, which consists of creating a TERROR microstory of maximum 500 words. The scariest story will be the winner. And of course, spelling and grammar will be taken into account. Any error of these will subtract points.
Start date: October 23, 2018
End date: November 23, 2018
But what is the definition of Terror?
Terror or horror is defined by the emotion it causes in the reader or: fear. According to the author Noel Carrol, the most important characteristic of this literary genre is that it must provoke fear in the audience.
1. You must write a terror microstory, with a maximum of 500 words, and publish it on your Inkspired profile.
2. Once your story is published, you can edit it until the contest’s deadline.
3. The story must be published as a SHORT STORY of the Terror or Horror category.
4. You must tag your story with the hashtag #MicroPanic .
5. The story must have a title, a proper cover, and a brief description.
6. It must be an unpublished story, and exclusively of Inkspired during the time of the contest.
7. Once the contest is over, the microstory should remain published on Inkspired for a minimum of 6 months.
8. The contest will have a single winner and a second place. They will be announced the week of December 3rd.
9. The winners will be chosen by the Inkspired editorial team, and their choice will be based on the story that scares the most, the originality of the text, the grammatical quality and compliance with the rules.
10. A minimum of 20 participants is required for the contest to be official.
1. People from any part of the world can participate, but the story must be written in English.
2. The story can’t have more than 500 words, but it can have less.
3. The stories must be of your authorship, we do not accept any kind of plagiarism and there may be legal actions if this is infringed.
4. The stories have to be exclusive for the duration of the contest.
5. If you are not a current user of Inkspired and want to participate, you just have to register. It's free!
6. The story must have the hashtag #MicroPanic in the hashtags section. In addition, it must have a title, a cover and a brief description of the work.
7. This time you can participate with a maximum of 3 stories. No more works by the same author will be accepted. If this happens, all works of authorship will be disqualified.
8. Anyone who does spam will be disqualified.
9. The terms of the contest must be fulfilled. No work that comes out of this period will be accepted.
10. Stories can be edited only during the contest term. Once closed, no change will be accepted.
11. Once the winners have been announced, they should write to firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate the delivery of the prizes. If the winner is not pronounced within 15 days, the prize will be awarded to the second place.
12. You do not need to participate since the first day, you can do it whenever you want while the contest is open.
13. Participation in this contest means that the user knows and accepts the bases thereof.
14. We also have competitions in other languages -Spanish and Portuguese-, you can see them in the contest section of each language.
First place: An audio story of your history; an exclusive art designed by our graphic team, with your name and the winner story; and 1 Story Promotion pack for free.
Second place: 1 Story Promotion Pack for free.
1. Go to www.getinkspired.com
2. Register as a user (if you are not already). You can do it manually or via Facebook.
3. Click on CREATE A STORY.
4. Choose the type of story you want to publish, in the case of the contest it must be: SHORT STORY
5. Write the title of your story and the category (in this case it would be THRILLER). The title can be edited later if you wish.
6. Write your story as a single chapter.
7. Once written click on 'save' and then 'close and go to the story’s profile’.
8. Here you can add the hashtag #ThrillerTime, the description, the cover and the language. Remember that the hashtag must go both in the hashtag section and in the description.
9. Then you will have to go down to where your chapter’s title is and click on the button that says 'Draft' and change it to 'Published'.
10. You can see a video tutorial on how to post here: https://getinkspired.com/faq/ -but it is in spanish.23 de Outubro de 2018 às 13:40 6 Denunciar Insira 5
The time for challenges has arrived. And we bring you a special one. It is about writing a short story of a maximum of 20 words, unpublished, exclusive and created by you. To participate you only have to write the micro story in one of your social networks, and tag us (Ig: @getinkspired - Fb: Inkspired - Twitter: @getinkspired). It is essential that this publication has the same art that we attach below.
The art must contain:
- The 20-word micro-story about the white square that appears there.
- The story's title outside the square.
- Your Inkspired username.
- The tag to one of our Inkspired accounts.
- The art can't be manipulated in any way, just to add the micro-story text.
- Your profile must be open. A profile that is not open, will be disqualified.
- You can participate with up to 5 micro-stories, but you must write one in each art, and you can only win with 1.
- In the text below the post, you must add the hashtag #Microstories and tag 2 friends whom you would like to invite to join Inkspired.
- To participate you must be an Inkspired user. If you're not, you can register for free! But if you participate without having registered, you will be disqualified.
- The micro story must be exclusive of Inkspired, at least for the duration of the challenge.
- The micro-story must be correctly written, following the spelling and grammar rules. If this is violated, it will be disqualified.
- The challenge starts today and ends on Friday, October 26 at 23:59GTM.
- The 3 micro stories with the most likes, will be awarded 10 Reward Credits so they can use or redeem within the platform.17 de Outubro de 2018 às 10:02 1 Denunciar Insira 2
It's not the same to say: "Let’s eat grandpa" and "Let’s eat, grandpa". Nor to affirm: "You’re stupid, friend" and "Your stupid friend". This is why everyone talks about how a comma or a bad spelling can destroy someone’s life. For every person having a correct grammar should be fundamental, and for writers, an obligation. Words play a very important role in our lives that we should make people understand what exactly we want to say.
However, writing with correct an excellent grammar isn’t easy, especially when instant messages have destroyed the language thanks to abbreviations and/or immediacy. However, those of us who seek to make good writing prevails must fight against it. English is the world’s language, therefore is important to learn it perfectly. For this, you must practice it daily, and try to write it the best you can.
Here we give you some tips that can help you improve your spelling and grammar when building your novel.
1) Read. Maybe you are tired of hearing that in order to write better you must read more. But we are not going to say a different thing. Reading is the most nutritious method to educate your brain and your pen. Thanks to this, you discover new meanings, tones, the correct use of punctuation marks and correct spelling. In English, there are many words that sound totally different than how they are written.
2) Research. And this involves dictionaries, websites or help from experts. If you don’t know how to spell a word, or when it’s more convenient to use a point or a comma, don’t be afraid to investigate and/or ask. There is nothing wrong in not knowing.
3) If you are going to take advice from websites, make sure they are from a reliable source, some dictionary or some specialist.
4) Use a corrector on the computer. Although they are not 100% accurate, this can help you. But keep in mind that the corrector only corrects the word, but not the sentence’s meaning. Grammarly and LanguageTool are some of the correctors that can support you in this.
5) Read what you write out loud, and read it to someone. Reading aloud is more powerful than you think. It makes you notice your own mistakes or the pauses you must do in each sentence. A text without pauses can become very extensive, repetitive and meaningless.
6) Be aware of the typing misspelling. Sometimes, writing so fast on the computer or not reviewing what we have written, make us commit errors of this type.
7) Practice all the time. If you know that your weakness is misspellings, force yourself to write well at all times, even when you talk to another person on WhatsApp. Put the keyboard in manual mode and learn to identify how to spell correctly every word. Use the correct punctuation marks and avoid abbreviations.
Remember that although we all know how to speak English, talking is not the same as writing, and for an author, writing is your job, therefore you must look professional. These are just general tips, but we will shortly specify each one.12 de Outubro de 2018 às 15:47 1 Denunciar Insira 8