secretwriterob HEDWIG'S Q

He gave me a great sense of humour, he gave me company for so many days, he showed a path of light, but... Where is he??? Who was he???


Thriller/Mystère Tout public.
Histoire courte
1
1.9mille VUES
En cours
temps de lecture
AA Partager

The unsolved mystery of the beggar○

THE UNSOLVED MYSTERY OF THE BEGGAR-


This story is mainly focused on the lazarus man with whom,I once met while returning home by a shortcut from my friends home in the evening. He was sitting hopelessly in some of the darkest corners of the street. He had a small bowl infront of him with a few coins in it. He had a simple lungi worn, but was torned and patched from many places. The bright white colour had changed into a dull parchment yellow, clearly stating that it had been in a long seclusion from direct light and air. He was approx. sixty to sixty-five years old. He introduced himself to me as Krishna Chandra Lal. He said that, earlier he was once a very wealthy man, but due to some unavoidable- disastrous circumstances, he had been forced to come on the footpaths and lay in mercy to others. I felt a great pity for him.

So everyday I used to meet him, talk with him about his past and present life conditions, about my livelihood, and finally handing over him some donations, I would return home. I never told anyone about him.

But I felt very curious that why couldn't I spot him during the daytime while going to school... I didn't care for it much actually, as he was now my good freind.


****************

Days passed and oneday when I went to the market with my parents for buying some necessay things, I got delighted seeing a beautiful dress in a shop and started insisting to buy it; but due to some heavy expenses(as my father told), he denied to buy it and this was the reason of the babel. At that moment, suddenly as I saw a beggar sitting beside the road; few words echoed im my mind which my old beggar- freind used to say me everyday----

" I WAS RICH BUT I WAS VERY AMBITIOUS TOO, WHICH LED TO MY DETEORIATION. SO MY CHILD; DONT BE AN OVER ASPIRANT FOR ANYTHING, YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH THE LEAST YOU HAVE..."


And As I remembered those valuable lines, I stopped insisting. My parents were very happy to see this and appreciated me but, in my mind I thanked my poor old freind whole-heartedly. I thought of meeting him that evening only.

But astonishingly; when I went there to thank him, he was nowhere to be seen. I thought he would come the next day but...my hope moldered---;okay so next day maybe, I thought, but still then he was not there. In this way, four days went along, I started becoming confused, so oneday I ran around and started asking everyone who lived in that locality about the beggar, but to my great surprise, everyone replied that first of all, they don't know any beggar by this name and also they haven't seen even anyone begging at this street.

I returned back glumly but an unknown dread engulfed me. Thousands of questions emerged in mind: 'Then who was that man? And even if he's a spirit or anything else then why did he come to me??...and--and why he used to give me that advice everyday? Was it just to teach me a lesson??...and will he return oneday again?

But I didn't have any solution to this riddles....

By Hedwig's Quill

10.06.2021

8 Novembre 2021 05:57 0 Rapport Incorporer Suivre l’histoire
0
À suivre…

A propos de l’auteur

HEDWIG'S Q Secret writer***♡♡

Commentez quelque chose

Publier!
Il n’y a aucun commentaire pour le moment. Soyez le premier à donner votre avis!
~