strang3s0ul ꧁༺Strange Soul༻꧂

In every pocket there’s a loose coin, in every house, there’s a missing object, through every window there’s an opportunity. I tried living honestly; I made honest coins and had life’s pleasures at my fingertips until I discovered the pleasures of life in… how should I put it? In different ways. Life has more meaning if you’ve striven toward it, I gave up trying a long time ago; I stopped giving a shit about their living. If you can’t join then… well, beat them.


Aventure Interdit aux moins de 18 ans.

#thieves #action #romance #drama
4
3.0mille VUES
En cours - Nouveau chapitre Tous les mercredis
temps de lecture
AA Partager

Offer on Paper

Cons…

Thieves,

Outsiders,

Murderers…

Troublemakers…

Anything that has relations is what they call us… to them we can never be honest, to them… we’re ruthless, unstable, and dangerous.

The new law order made sure they hush us from the streets, cleansed from the cities, and forced underground, for protecting the innocence, to protect them… from us.

In every pocket there’s a loose coin, in every house, there’s a missing object, through every window there’s an opportunity.

I tried living honestly; I made honest coins and had life’s pleasures at my fingertips until I discovered the pleasures of life in… how should I put it? In different ways.

Life has more meaning if you’ve striven toward it, I gave up trying a long time ago; I stopped giving a shit about their living.

If you can’t join then… well, beat them.

I glare at the city underneath me buzzing with life, the innocence, the wealthy, they’re all a bounce of pricks, afraid to do anything, afraid to take advantage of life.

I twist the lock pick a few times around and it cracks easily; I slip through the window, wealthy people have such easy security, it sometimes surprises that they care little for covering up.

“What a beauty,” The golden mermaid statue is a collection I have been planning for weeks now. These beauties should put me back on the map; I place the carved mermaid in its place and slip through the window again.

I jump the ledges and peer at the shadow lingering by the window, “Someone’s following me? Interesting,” He slips through the window and disappears through the alley.

“Tigress, dependent as always,” I place the statue on the counter “This one is a beauty, how many are left?” I rest my back against the counter, “Four, how much are they worth?”

He zooms in on his glasses, “I’d say ten thousand,” “Do you want it? It’s for sale,” He laughs at my serious expression, “Yes, yes, I want it,” He takes his stand and turns back with the money.

“Bring me the others when you find them,” “Yeah… thanks,” “Oh, Tigress, there was another man looking for you?” “What does he want?” “He didn’t say much, just meet him at the bar tonight,”

I sigh, “Okay, thanks,”

I enter the barn doors, straight to my corner, I slip inside the bunker, “Four more beauties and I can get out of here,” “Why in such a hurry?”

I glance at his faded expression, clinging to the shadows, “I don’t see how this is any of your business,” “You’re wrong about that, Cat, every coin is my business,”

He slips into my bunker, his blues examine me, his broad figure shifts uncomfortably in the tight space, “Is that so?” He nods… “Yeah, I have a position for you, if you’re interested…”

“I’m listening,” He pushes a file into my hands, “You’re joking, right? This job is impossible…” “Are you running scared now? I thought you were the best thief there is,”

I tilt… “I’m not risking my neck for what… a few gold pieces? No way, I’m occupied as it is,” He chuckles, shifting backward, “Is that so? Let’s just say it’s a few thousand gold pieces,”

I can’t risk this… again, losing the first time is enough for me, “Don’t care…” He nods accepting the beer from the lady, he shifts my mug towards me, “Look, I searched everywhere for your ass, I’m not walking here rejected, I need your help with this,”

I take a sip and focus on his desperate expression, “And I said I’m not interested,” “Doing this job will get you out of there faster, you want to leave? Here’s your ticket, Tigress, think about it, I’ll be back,”

I sigh watching him leave… I flip through the file, the Gash Mansion, said to hold the largest safe, it contains a wealthy get-away ticket.

And here we go… the wealthiest man alive.

Nafari Nnamani…

The owner of the cities, the lawmaker, because of him we live like this, I know his house well…

I know what it contains and I lost my brother because of him…

I push the memory aside… I promised myself I wouldn’t mourn him, I promised him to be strong and so I will do what is right.

I have no choice…

25 Avril 2021 14:35 4 Rapport Incorporer Suivre l’histoire
1
Lire le chapitre suivant Acceptance Plan

Commentez quelque chose

Publier!
Il n’y a aucun commentaire pour le moment. Soyez le premier à donner votre avis!
~

Comment se passe votre lecture?

Il reste encore 3 chapitres restants de cette histoire.
Pour continuer votre lecture, veuillez vous connecter ou créer un compte. Gratuit!