“Storytelling is the most powerful way to put ideas into the world today”. —Robert McKee
Stories are everywhere we go. They are the way to connect to people and share emotional bound. Stories are what make us move, inspire us and give us a sense of living. But the ability to tell the story in video, blog or even photography requires some basics. The Content Marketing Association has put together this infographic to help you with your next story. Do it today on getinkspired.com!
24 Octobre 2016 00:00:14
1. Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
2. Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
3. Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
4. Every sentence must do one of two things—reveal character or advance the action.
5. Start as close to the end as possible.
6. Be a Sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them—in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
7. Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
8. Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To hell with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages.
But like all rules, they can be broken, as Vonnegut mention. Its just a tool to help you get started :)
- Kurt Vonnegut: Bagmbo Snuff Box.17 Octobre 2016 17:55:50 6 Rapport Incorporer 13
There are number of reasons why you should definitely try writing a book. You might think that it’s not yours and you don’t have any special abilities, but there are people who will gladly help and share with you.
Even if you don’t plan to make writing your career, writing a book will help you to get on a next level and will help to advance your creativity skills.