anahoy ana hoy

Walking down the streets, observing how everyone wastes their materialistic time. Maybe we should all just stop for a second and appreciate the small things in life.


Cuento Todo público.

#homeless #life #shortstory #beautiful #streets #piano #lonely
Cuento corto
2
6.0mil VISITAS
Completado
tiempo de lectura
AA Compartir

That One Song

They all walk by, like I didn’t exist. Going out of restaurants, night clubs, they just keep on walking. As usual I took my spot at the corner of “ Le Pichet” at 52nd St. They’re all walking suits and dresses moving fast with a phone on their hand, almost as if they were running from something. I can’t think really well at this moment, my stomach hasn’t stopped sounding all day, I wish I could just please it with my mind. I would try to do what I did yesterday, but I can’t handle it anymore, I don’t like the taste of leaves, I want food. “ Do you have any spare change mam?” Well she looks occupied it’s okay, I’ll keep trying. “ Hey sir do y…” I didn’t even finish my sentence when he threw me 1 dollar. “Here you go man,” “ god bless you,” I looked straight at him, and asked god to take good care of this man. 1 dollar into my box, at least this is something. I hate summer, this sun burns like hell. I grabbed my bed and covered my face with it, it’s an old blanket I’ve had for two years now, it protects me from the sun and helps me at winter. I started my favorite activity of the day, I closed my eyes and started imagining that I had a small house with a kitchen and a big bed with pillows, until I fell a sleep. I felt my face burning and I woke up, as I opened my eyes, I saw an old man on the other side of the street. He was sitting on the floor with an empty hat on his lap. His face, that face, I never want to see that again, he was giving up. I approached to him with the dollar in my hand, “ here you go buddy,” I placed it inside the hat. He barely got his head up and looked at me, his gaze pierced my eyes, and when I saw that half smile, my heart pumped even harder than when I received that dollar. I headed back to my place, my stomach keeps on talking to me, it’s hard walking with this feeling crunching inside. It’s already that time of the day, no one passes through this lonely corner, I understand they all have a work to rush to, someone to meet, and I’m just a corner. I stood up and walked straight through the sidewalk, there it was, that lonely piano, almost as lonely as me. I sat on that red old chair and opened it, playing is the only thing that makes me remember something of my childhood. This song, this one song I keep on playing in my mind again and again, I can’t remember who taught it to me but I feel like the happiest person on earth when I play it. As I kept on moving my fingers through that old keyboard, my eyes drowned, I knew what it was, this was the song my dad played to me before he said goodbye.

22 de Agosto de 2019 a las 15:03 4 Reporte Insertar Seguir historia
2
Fin

Conoce al autor

Comenta algo

Publica!
James Foley James Foley
Ana, this is a great story, aimed at the malaise of our time. Keep going. James Foley
August 24, 2019, 19:20

  • ana hoy ana hoy
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. August 25, 2019, 23:52
James Foley James Foley
Ana, this is a great story, aimed at the malaise of our time. Keep going. James Foley
August 24, 2019, 19:20
~