D
Dee Heart


All Jack wanted to do was help bring his friends closer together since their fight three months ago. As they take their trip, strange things begin to happen. They walk forever and never seemed to reach their car. Not until they kill it...


Fantasy Not for children under 13.

#lost #fear #friendship #stuck # #house
3
2.3k VIEWS
In progress - New chapter Everyday
reading time
AA Share

A different path

"Look, I hate to be the one that everyone hates to take on road trips, but are we there yet"? Daniel asked as he peeked his head around a seat.

Jack sigh and glanced in the mirror at him, before quickly looking back at the road.

"I warned you to bring you something to do. The trip won't be fast, I had to book this place a whole month ahead of time". Jack responded.

Katy started to laugh before placing a hand over her mouth. Of course, it had nothing to do with what they were talking about, but she couldn't contain it. The video on her screen was worth the loud laughter.

"Katy shut up! Can't you see two men are talking"?! Daniel snapped.

Jack slapped a hand on his head. Of course, Daniel would start. The whole van erupts into arguments. Their face heated as they wanted to fight each other. Jack blew the horn and swerved making everyone go silent and look at him.

"Look, I know we aren't the best of friends anymore, but we have to deal with each other for right now. This trip is to bring us whole again." Jack spoke.

"As long as Daniel can shut up and leave me alone, then there won't a problem." Katy snapped.

"And as long as she can stop thinking the world revolves around her, then I'll be fine".

"I don't think that the world...".

"You two stop. We all don't like each other but Jack is trying to bring us together. So cut it out and deal with each other. You don't have to do it for me, do it for Jack. None of us have an issue with Jack". David spoke glancing over all of them.

It was like a threat for any of them to speak against anything he said. Jack thanked him and sigh as he kept his eyes on the road. He wished he didn't say anything that day. If he didn't, they all would have been friends still.

"What are you talking about"? David asked as he looked down at Jack.

"I said why are you all lying about the death of my dog? You hid it from me"! Jack raged.

David's face went red and he turned around towards Katy who wasn't paying attention.

"I swear Jack, it wasn't me. It was Katy. It was her turn to watch over him". David spat.

Katy whips her head around outraged. She stormed over pushing David out of the way as she rolled her eyes.

"No Jack. Daniel and Glory we're the ones to feed him".

Jack took steps back and covered his face for a moment. Then removed them and took in a deep breath.

"Anything you guys ask from me I do it. But one thing I ask you all act like it's trouble. Don't come to me for ten days"!

He stormed away leaving them standing there in sadness.

"Don't miss the turn". Tory spoke from beside him.

Jack shook his head and slowed turning into the lot. He didn't even get to turn it off as everyone quickly got out, tired of being so close to each other. He cut off and walked forward a little looking for the angle. They were surrounded by woods and one check-in building.

"Wait here while I check in". Jack spoke walking off towards it.

He looked left to right seeing only one car in the lot. Hopefully, it's the man in the booth. He walked inside and dipped his head at the woman sitting there. She smiled releasing some chuckles before speaking.

"Jack and Seven others? All together make eight"? She asked.

"Oh, you know who I am"?

"Of course I do. I remember everything".

She reached into her pockets and pulled out a strange-shaped key.

"Your cabin is out over there. But you can take two paths to it at your own risk. Have fun".

She looked down at a book not about to repeat anything she said. He walked out and joined the others who were completely silent.

"This way...".

"There are two ways isn't there? Let's take the path with pretty trees". Katy spoke.

He looked behind him at the different colored trees. It did seem like it would be a fun route, but he didn't like when the woman said I'm at his own risk.

"No, let's just...".

"You wanted it to bond us, then let it. All of us want to go except you". April snapped.

He turned and looked at her releasing a sigh.

"Alright, let's go".














Nov. 21, 2022, 5:24 p.m. 0 Report Embed Follow story
1
To be continued... New chapter Everyday.

Meet the author

Comment something

Post!
No comments yet. Be the first to say something!
~