sten-during Sten Düring

The secret of the arrivals. One that Ulf Hammargren had searched for since he became one of them but also one that was kept from the public. As more secrets unveil he unwillingly accepts why they have to be kept hidden, but when Principal Kareyoshi starts hurting his friends Ulf is caught in a moral dilemma as Christina Agerman uses her fame to bring down anyone would harm those they love.


Teen Fiction Not for children under 13. © All rights reserved

#sweden #romance #japan #oln #oeln #tokyo
3
11.1k VIEWS
Completed
reading time
AA Share

Midsummer’s day, 2040, midnight

Midsummer’s day grew to a close, and while the last two days had mostly been filled with memories experienced and memories shared, some beautiful, some horrible and some just nostalgic, these very two days laid themselves to rest among other memories.

Christina grimaced.

We were so young back then. Even I was much younger than I understood at that time. Experiencing a second youth had been much more than going through the motions. She had been young once again, young and unprepared for the new life ahead of her. So many mistakes, so many regrets. Ulf, I hurt you so much. How could you ever forgive me? Did you ever really forgive me?

There would be reasons to remember again soon. Three more days. That was all they had. After that some of the would be gone, would transit to the downstream world. Not all of them. At least not now, and Christina suspected a few would live and die in this world by choice.

To become a teenager again sounded less appealing the older you got. To accept that you wouldn’t be treated like an adult, to actually partially regress into adolescence.

Better now, sure. Much better now when the dirty infighting was gone, if it was gone in the downstream world as well. That was the risk with transiting. You didn’t know exactly what that world would be like. Almost the same as this one, just like this one was almost the same as the one she left quarter of a century earlier. But there were differences, differences that tore her life apart because she tried to grab control over it.

Christina stared into the night sky and glittering stars. They shimmered through tears welling up in her eyes.

Ulf, even if you can’t for real, please pretend you’ll forgive me! U-kun, I wish I could call you that again.

She choked down feelings of misery. I lost the right to feel sadness back then.

Christina looked back at choices she had made. Some made her proud, some surprised, and the one she recalled most clearly right now, just disgusted with herself.

How could you ever fall in love with someone like me?

Dec. 17, 2017, 11:31 a.m. 1 Report Embed Follow story
3
Read next chapter Prologue, 2014

Comment something

Post!
Russ Acedera Russ Acedera
Not to be overreacting but you're book is totally awesome. You're innate writing skill is what the world should witness. Why don't you publish your book in NovelS tar? A lot of readers will love your work.
April 25, 2021, 13:22
~

Are you enjoying the reading?

Hey! There are still 38 chapters left on this story.
To continue reading, please sign up or log in. For free!