L
Lilly Susan Rycroft


The last thing Kokichi Ouma remembers is getting accepted into Hope's Peak Academy, going up to the gates, and passing out. Instead, he wakes up in a strange island paradise, without his memories, with 15 other students. Just then, a strange monochrome bear announces that they have to kill each other to escape the island. Follow Kokichi as he struggles to prevent any deaths. But Kokichi has nothing to worry about. Surely, nobody would even dream about killing another student... would they?


Fanfiction Anime/Manga Not for children under 13.

#danganronpa #kokichi #Angie #Rantaro #Himiko #shuichi #kaitoandkokichiarechildhoodfriends #Kaito #kaede #tsumugi #inkspiredstory #rewrite #gonta #korekiyo #protagonistkokichi #blood #gore #graphicdepictionsofviolence #majorcharacterdeath #ryoma #maki #Tenko #Miu #Kiibo #Kirumi #Jabberwockisland #Usami #Monokuma
2
3.6k VIEWS
Completed
reading time
AA Share

Prologue: Welcome to Dangan Island! Huge Panic at the Heart Throbbing School Trip?!

Hi! Welcome to my first fanfic here! This will be a retelling of Goodbye Despair, but the V3 cast are on the island instead of the DR2 cast. I came upon a great AU called “Class Switch”:https://archiveofourown.org/series/2411341.I figured it would be fun to do the same thing but with the DR2 and V3 casts. The V3 characters will

be on Jabberwock Island, and Characters from DR2 will be in the Gifted Inmates Academy. I already have the survivors planned out. I've got the death order figured out as well, so all I need to do is plan the cases! There are also a few redesigns in this fic. Sit back and enjoy the ride! 😌

Have you heard of Ultimates? They’re basically high school students with special talents. There’s a Japanese school with the name of Hope's Peak Academy that caters to these Ultimates. It’s a beacon of hope for Japan. My name is Kokichi Oma. I was accepted into Hope’s Peak Academy as the “Ultimate Supreme Leader”. Actually, I’m kinda surprised. Despite being the Ultimate Supreme Leader, I lead a ragtag group of clowns consisting of only 11 people including myself. Barely fitting for a Supreme Leader of evil if you ask me. But being a student here is going to be fresh faced. I can lie and pretend I lead an evil originaztion of over 100 people, not crummy “DICE”! At least… that’s what I thought at first.

Prologue: Welcome to Dangan Island! Huge Panic at the Heart-Throbbing School Trip?!

Kokichi Oma stood at the gates of Hope’s Peak Academy. The acceptance letter still in his hand…

Dear Mr. Oma

On behalf of Hope's Peak Academy, I would like to congratulate you, for our talent scouts have determined that you have qualified for a spot in the 77th class as the Ultimate Supreme Leader.

Now is the time that your life begins!

… Kokichi stared at the gates. Though he is a great liar, he is extremely intelligent, befitting a great leader.

Kokichi took one step forward into Ultimate Hope…

…and instantly blacked out.

Little did the Ultimate Supreme Leader know, he wasn’t going to witness “Ultimate Hope”, he was gonna witness “Ultimate Despair”.

When Kokichi came to, he was standing up.

He was in what seems to be a classroom filled with students. The students in the classroom turn their heads towards him(That’s strange…)

“Hey, are you okay?” said a tall man wearing a black mask and a green milarity style uniform.

“Korekiyo, he’s not hurt or anything.” A green haired boy said.

“Sorry,” Korekiyo apologized.

Kokichi looked around the classroom to see who his classmates were. Aside from the people who spoke, there were 13 other people.

“Wait, where’s our teacher?” Kokichi asked.

“Our homeroom teacher is not here, it seems.” Korekiyo spoke.

“Your homeroom teacher isright here!” said a childish voice.

“Where are those sparkles coming from?” The green haired boy asked.

“Looks like it’s coming from behind the teacher’s desk…” Korekiyo said.

Suddenly, in a flurry of pink sparkles, a white rabbit wearing a pink frilly dress emerges from behind the desk. It struck a pose, holding a wand.(Our teacher is here? And it's a fucking stuffed bunny? What the hell?)

(BGM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRvqqYDmGeg)

“What is that?” asked a voice.

“It looks like some kind of a stuffed animal,” said another voice.

“I’m Magical Miracle Girl Usami, AKA Usami! I may not look like it, but I’m your squeezablely soft teacher!” said the magical-girl-rabbit.

Korekiyo: You're telling me our teacher is a stuffed animal?! Well great, things really have gone off the rails!

“Now I’m going to be the chaperone of this school trip!"

Everyone stopped talking as soon as Usami mentioned that there's going to be a school trip.

"...School trip?" the green haired boy asked. "What do you mean there's a school trip?"

"That's strange," Korekiyo said. "I don't remember Hope's Peak Academy organizing a school trip for us to take."

"Trust me," Usami said. "We are going on a school trip!"

"To where?" Korekiyo asked.

"Oh, you'll see when we get there," Usami replied. "Now, before we go, let me check who's in this classroom. Let's see, there are sixteen students in this classroom and zero adults. That looks great! Okay, get ready everyone, because we're ready to depart for the school trip!"

Before anyone could say anything, Usami waved her wand in the air, creating a trail of sparkles. As she waved her wand, the entire classroom began to vibrate, as if an earthquake was happening. Wait, this doesn't look like an earthquake, as the ceiling looked like it was about to open up. Then, like a box, the classroom walls and ceiling opened up, revealing a tropical paradise. The group found themselves in a beach, surrounded by palm trees, an ocean on one side, and some rocky terrain on the other. It...was a bizarre experience to put it lightly.

"What...the hell is this?" Kokichi said.

"Everyone, calm down," Usami ordered. "There's no need to panic. This is our destination for our school trip! Feast your eyes on the beautiful ocean! The waves washing in and out will make your heart feel cleaner.”

“Okay, everyone!" Usami then began to announce. "It's time for this school trip to officially be started! While you all relax on this paradise, I expect you to get along and strengthen your bonds with your classmates! That is the main purpose of this heart-throbbing school trip!"

Kokichi looked shocked upon hearing the purpose of the school trip, as well as the name Usami decided to give to this school trip.

(Heart-throbbing school trip...? What?That's...a strange name to give to a school trip...)

"Now then," Usami continued. "Let the heart-throbbing school trip begin!"

(BGM fade out)

And that was the last thing Kokichi saw before he blacked out again.

“Hey! Wake up!”

Kokichi slowly opened his eyes.

"W-where am I?" he asked to himself, extremely groggy.

He looked at his surroundings.

He was on the same beach.

Kokichi got up.

He saw both the green haired boy and a tan girl.

“Where did everyone go?” Kokichi asked.

“You fainted, and you were unconscious.” The green haired boy explained. "Everyone else left while you were doing that."

"I was?" Kokichi asked in surprise. "For how long?"

"Long enough for everyone to leave the beach, apparently," The tan girl said. "You should really pay more attention to your surroundings, Kokichi.”

“What are your names?” Kokichi asked.

“You’re feeling a lot of stress on being on this island,” the tan girl said. “Atua says that you should join Angie Yonaga, the Ultimate Artist, in prayer.”

Then the green haired boy sighed.

"My name is Rantaro Amami. I can't remember what my Ultimate talent is, but I swear I'm not a bad guy."

Suddenly, Kokichi noticed they were holding 3 pads.

“What are these?” He asked.

Usami then appeared.

“These are your E Hand Books.” She said.

She then vanished.

"Wait, where did everyone go?" Kokichi asked. "Did anyone tell the others where they were going?"

Rantaro stopped to ponder for a moment. "Perhaps everyone left to explore the island," he said. "This is our vacation spot, so it's best if we learn about it as much as we can. I haven't given myself the chance to get to know everyone since...you know, I was waiting for you to move. So how about we use this opportunity to get to know everyone and explore the island at the same time?"

"That sounds like a great idea," Angie replied. "What are your thoughts, Kokichi?"

Kokichi felt a little nervous about introducing himself to everyone, but it looks like the other two don't want to leave him behind. So he decided to go along with them. "Fine..." he replied. "I'll go as well..."

"Great! We're all set!" Rantaro said. "Now, let's take a look at the rules of this school trip before we continue. It's nice to know what we can and can't do."

The three students turned on their E-Handbooks and opened up the rulebook for the school trip. They read each rule carefully to make sure they understand what they can and can't do during their school trip.

Rules and Regulations

  1. Extreme violence is prohibited on this island. Please live peaceful and relaxing lives with your fellow students.
  2. Littering is not allowed. Students are expected to clean up after themselves.
  3. Chaperones are expected to look after the students when the lead teacher isn't present.
  4. Nighttime starts at 10:00 PM and ends at 7:00 AM the following morning. Some areas are closed off at night.
  5. The lead teacher cannot directly interfere with the students or the chaperones, unless a rule has been violated.
  6. Everyone is free to explore any accessible areas of the Jabberwock Islands Resort. Try not to get lost while exploring these islands.
  7. Destruction of property of the resort without permission is prohibited.

"So these islands are named the Jabberwock Islands," Rantaro said. "That's interesting to know."

"That's a strange name to call a group of islands..." Angie remarked.

"There's so many rules here..." Kokichi said.

"Well, at least we know the rules," Rantaro said. "Alright. Let's get going and meet the others."

The three students then began making their way out of the beach to find the others.

The beach connects to a road that encircles the entire island. Various buildings are placed alongside the road, giving visitors access to them. Near the beach, there is a large bridge that connects to another island in the distance. It looks like a long walk to get to that island, so the three students decided to explore that island last.

The first building that the three students explored is an airport. It's a pretty small airport, consisting of a single building that doesn't have much inside it. Outside the wall of windows, several small airplanes can be seen.

"Airplanes?" Kokichi gasped.

"Did we use those airplanes to get to these islands?" Angie asked.

"Probably," Rantaro replied. "I'm not entirely sure, though. I can't quite remember what happened between us being in the classroom and us ending up here..."

Kokichi then got an idea. "Wait, if we used those airplanes to get to this place," he began to ask, "can we use them to escape these islands?"

"What? Escape these islands?!" Angie shouted. "Are you crazy? We just got here! Are you seriously thinking about leaving this place? Are you that desperate to go back home?"

"Hey, I'm just asking!" Kokichi tried to explain.

"Nah, that's impossible," a new voice said.

The three students turned around towards the source of the new voice. They found a busty girl who had long strawberry blond hair tied into a ponytail, and blue eyes. As for attire, she was wearing a white button up shirt, a pink jacket, a blue skirt, white stockings, and black ankle boots. She was wearing black fingerless gloves and glasses.

"If these planes were damaged, I could probably fix them," she explained. "But it looks like these planes are just for show."

"Just for show?" Kokichi asked. "What do you mean those planes are just for show?"

"I think those planes are just props," the busty girl replied. "They simply don't work. There's nothing I can do about that. Besides, it's not like any one of us can pilot a plane."

"Wait, so if these planes don't work, then how did we get to these islands?" Angie asked. "Did we come here on a boat? If so, then where's the port? Why does this airport exist if the planes don't work? Ugh, the more I think about it, the less sense it makes..."

"Let's not think too much about this," Rantaro said. "This is starting to hurt my head..."

The busky girl then realized something. "Oh, I nearly forgot," She said. "We haven't introduced ourselves to each other, right? Let's go ahead and do that. I’m Miu Iruma! I’m the Ultimate Inventor!”

The three students then began introducing themselves to Miu.

“Inventing is the art of making new things to revolutionize the world!” Miu exclaimed in excitement. “I seek to invent new things to improve our world!”

Angie then sighed. "I can't take this anymore. Let's just go." She then slowly walked out of the airport.

"Hey, uh Angie!" Kokichi said as he and Rantaro began to go after Angie. "Wait for us!"

"Oh, you're leaving now?" Miu asked as she watched the three students leave the airport. "Bye now! I'll see you soon!”

The next location the three students visited is a supermarket that, despite the name, isn't outer space themed or fighting themed. It's just a generic supermarket on an island resort. This supermarket contains things that are typically found in many convenience stores: food, accessories, hygiene products, and more.

"What an odd supermarket," Angie remarked. "There doesn't appear to be anyone other than us."

"Well, at least we won't have to worry about getting food and other necessities," Rantaro said. “Looks like everything’s free.”

Kokichi then noticed a man was standing next to a shelf.

"Um...who are you?" Angie asked the man.

"I'm Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars! Even crying children adore the Ultimate Astronaut!" The man introduced.

After Kaito finished introducing himself, the three students then introduced themselves to him. While Angie and Rantaro had pretty confident introductions, Kokichi sounds insecure when he's introducing himself.

"Hey, what kind of introduction is that, Ouma?" Kaito asked. "You need to work on your tone, because that is weak! See ya later!" He then sprinted out of the supermarket.

The three students watched as Kaito ran out of the supermarket.

"Well, that boy certainly has a lot of energy in him,” Angie remarked.

“Let’s leave and explore more of the island,” Rantaro said. “We might meet new people along the way.”

After making an agreement, the three students then exited the supermarket.

This area doesn't seem like much, but this is actually the hotel for the resort. From the entrance, there is a bridge that leads straight into the hotel's main area. The main building of the hotel is visible from the entrance. On each side of the bridge, there is a boardwalk that leads to eighteen cottages. Sixteen of those cottages are small and are placed along the boardwalk. The other two cottages are much larger, and are placed at the ends of the boardwalk.

The three students looked at the cabins around them, forming thoughts about them.

"So...are these the places where we'll be living in during our school trip?" Angie asked.

"It...seems to be the case," Kokichi replied. "I don't think that building in the distance is large enough to have any hotel rooms. I guess these cottages are our guestrooms for the trip."

“How lovely,” said a jaded alt-rock-esque baritone voice.

The voice came from a childlike boy with auburn hair and dark eyes. He had a black tennis visor, a black polo shirt, blue shorts, black tennis shoes, and he was holding a tennis racket in one hand.

“They call me Ryouma Hoshi, Ultimate Tennis Player…” he introduced himself.

"Look, just make this quick.”

"...Let's just move on and head to that building," Rantaro said, pointing towards the hotel main building. "I'm sure we'll meet more people there."

The three students then walked towards the main building, though Angie was a little reluctant about going there. On the way to the main building of the hotel, they spotted two students having a conversation at the corner of the deck.

One of them was a young woman wearing a long white dress with a black apron over said white dress, while the other was a green eyed girl who had her greenish brown hair in two shoulder length plaits, a light blue t-shirt, blue shorts, a white scarf, and yellow sandals. In her hair, she wore a pink hairband with a green flower.

"Come on!" the girl said. "Gimme a fight! I wanna test my aidikio skills against ya!"

"No way," the maid replied. "The rules state that we can't fight too much. We don't know how much fighting we can do before that bunny intervenes. There's no telling if she'll consider our fighting to be 'excessive violence'."

"By the way, could you two introduce yourselves?" Kokichi asked the two ladies.

"Oh, you wanna know my name?" the girl asked. "Fine. I'm cool with that. I'm Tenko Chabashira! The Ultimate Aidikio Master! Nice to meet ya!"

“And I’m Kirumi Tojo, the Ultimate Maid. At your service.” The maid woman said.

“Can I call you mom?” Kokichi asked Kirumi.

“Don’t call me that…” Kirumi said, clearly embarrassed.

Kokichi looked at the main building of the hotel. "I think we should head inside that building," he suggested. "There might be more people in there."

"Yeah, I agree," Rantaro replied. "Let go."

The three students then walked around the pool and headed inside the hotel's main building. Along the way, they spotted a wooden building that's just a short walk away. It looks like there's a sign attached to the front door of that building. They don't think that anyone is inside that building, so they ignored it for now.

The lobby of the hotel's main building is quite well decorated. Considering that the guests are staying in cottages instead of standard hotel rooms, this is to be expected. It contains things that are standard across pretty much every hotel, such as seating areas and a reception desk. There doesn't appear to be anyone running the hotel, however.

Kokichi looked around the lobby and spotted a girl standing there. She had slightly wavy neck length pale blue hair with a cyan ombré and side swept bangs with baby pink streaks, green eyes, a light blue blazer, a mustard yellow tie, a black plaid skirt, light pink stockings, and red shoes, each with a slight heel. She had a pink bunny hair clip in her hair. As soon as he saw that girl, a strange feeling began to form in his body. He doesn't know why, but he walked up to the girl to try to talk to her.

"Um...excuse me?" Kokichi asked. "I would like to talk to you..."

“I-I’m Tsumugi Shirogane,” the girl introduced with a quiet voice. “I’m the Ultimate Cosplayer, apparently.”

“You’re the Tsumugi Shirogane I’ve been hearing about lately?” Rantaro asked. “You’ve made many cosplays.”

“Yes, and they’ve been featured…” Tsumugi said.

“Come on, there might still be people that we haven't met yet. We'll just have to keep exploring. How about we take the stairs to the second floor?" Kokichi said.

The three students then turned towards the stairs that go up from the lobby.

"Hmm...you might be right," Angie said. "I wonder what those stairs lead to..."

"I think I smell some food from up there," Rantaro said. "Could that be the restaurant?"

"Well, only one way to find out," Kokichi replied.

The three students then began to walk up the stairs to the second floor of the main building, leaving Tusmugi behind.

The restaurant area of the hotel is tropical themed, which is fitting considering where the hotel is located. It has several tables with four chairs each. On one of the walls, there is a door that leads into the kitchen. Other than those three things, there's not much to say about the restaurant. Despite this, Rantaro appears to be blown away by the sight of the restaurant.

"Wow! This restaurant is amazing!" The boy said. "We could easily hold a banquet here if we want to!"

Kokichi turned around and saw that there are two more people in the restaurant. One is a blond girl with musical elements to her clothing. Sitting at a table is a girl with long, sable hair. They appear to be talking to each other.

"Wait, hold on, you two," Kokichi ordered. "There are two people over there."

"Huh?" Angie said as she and Rantaro turn to where Kokichi is looking. She raised an eyebrow upon seeing the two new students. "Who are these two?"

The sable girl gasped upon realizing something. "Oh my goodness!" she said. "I almost forgot! We didn't introduce ourselves to each other, right? I'm so sorry. Let me introduce myself."

"Hey, let me introduce myself first!" the musicial girl said. “I’m Kaede Akamatsu, the Ultimate Pianist! I look forward to getting to know you! There's no staff in that kitchen, so Kirumi will have to make all the food for you guys to eat. Don't worry about that. Kirumi shall make sure that she makes the best food she can. Sound good?"

“Where are my manners?” asked the sable girl. “My name is Maki Haruwaka, Ultimate Child Caregiver.”

“Maki’s cynical personality is a delightful tonic to Kaede’s bubbly one,” Rantaro noted. “Together, these two girls fit the archetype of Saban's cartoon princesses from the '90s in which the gentle light-haired princesses always have a cynical dark-haired foil.”

“You know?” asked Angie. “I’m done with this. I’m leaving now.”

She then walked towards the stairs and went down.

"Um, there is a door that leads right outside," Kaede said. "It's right over there." She pointed to a door on the wall that has windows.

"Oh, we can just walk right out the restaurant?" Kokichi asked. "We don't have to walk through the lobby? That sounds nice. Thanks, Kaede."

"You're welcome!" Kaede replied.

Kokichi and Rantaro then walked out of the restaurant, meeting up with Angie outside the main building.

The last location that the three students haven't explored yet on this island is a ranch. It looks like a farm, except without any crop fields. The ranch is mostly empty, with only a single chicken in the entire area. There's no other animals to be seen.

"This...feels strange," Kokichi commented.

"How...do you even consider this a ranch?" Angie asked. "There's only a single animal in here: just a lone chicken."

Rantaro sighed over the lack of animals. "If only there are more animals in this ranch," he said.

Suddenly, Usami appeared out of nowhere. "Aw, look at this poor ranch!" she said. "It's in desperate need of animals!"

"Gah!" Kokichi yelped, startled at Usami's sudden appearance. "Where did you come from?!"

Angie sighed and shook her head. "I swear, Kokichi," she said. "You are so easily scared..."

"I can show up anywhere, anytime!" Usami explained. "Thanks to my Magic Stick, I can appear anywhere on the resort!"

"...That's a toy, isn't it?" Rantaro asked.

"It's not a toy!" Usami shouted. "My Magic Stick actually works! Here! Watch this!" She turned around to face the ranch, seeing that it lacks some animals. "Aw, bummer. This ranch is nearly empty! There's only a chicken on this ranch. There's not a single cow in sight. A ranch without any cows is like a soccer team without any balls to play. I'll use my Magic Stick to add cows to this ranch!"

The three students watched as Usami waved her wand in the air, saying words that they don't understand. Usami cast a spell on the field of the ranch. It touched the ground near the chicken, and suddenly, the entire field is filled with cows. Everyone's jaws dropped upon seeing the cows appear out of nowhere.

"A job well done!" Usami declared. "Now this ranch is full of cows! That's all I have to do for now! Bye!" She then vanished once again.

"...What?" someone said.

"Yeah, I'm having the same reaction," Angie replied. "What...just happened?"

"...I didn't say that," Kokichi replied.

"Huh?" Angie said as she turned to Kokichi. "What do you mean?"

"I don't think that was Ouma who spoke," Rantaro replied. "I think it's that guy over there."

Rantaro pointed towards someone. Kokichi and Angie looked in that direction. They saw a boy who was shocked at the sudden appearance of all those cows. He has a rather robotic feel.

"What...is this?" the strange boy asked. "How could this happen?"

The strange boy entered the field where all the cows are grazing to check on them. The three students stared at the strange boy, wondering what to do next.

"Who...is that guy?" Kokichi asked.

"I don't know," Angie replied.

"Should we talk to him?" Rantaro asked.

"He's a little busy," Angie replied, "so I say that we ignore him for now. Anyways, is there anyone else in this ranch besides us?"

“Curiouser and curiouser,” a voice said.

The three students turned around to face the source of the new voice. They saw a boy in a baseball cap standing next to the cows, too.

"Impressive," the boy commented. "These animals have materialized from nothingness, yet they behave like they're real. How curious. I must get to the bottom of how these creatures came to be."

The boy suddenly turned towards Kokichi and company.

“Didn’t see you guys there, I suppose.” The boy said. “I-I’m Shuichi Saihara… T-They call me the Ultimate Detective. I-It really is nice to meet you all. Even if it doesn’t seem like it...."

“And who is this guy over there?” said Kokichi as he pointed to the strange boy. “Some old robot, I bet.”

"I'm not just any old robot!” The strange boy said. “I am K1-BO, the Ultimate Robot! But please call me Kiibo.”

"Well, we do have three more people to meet," Kokichi said. "I hope they're not as strange as Kiibo. I wonder where they could be."

"There's only one place that we haven't explored yet," Rantaro said, "and that's the island across the bridge. I think we'll find the three others there."

"What are we waiting for?" Angie said. "Let's get going, boys."

The three students then walked to the bridge and crossed it to reach the island in the distance.

The last location that the three students visited is the central island. There's not much to see on the central island. There's just a trail that encircles the entire island, connecting to bridges that lead to the other islands. Only the bridge that leads to the first island is accessible. There are four more bridges, each blocked by a gate. It looks like access to the other islands is currently blocked. The three students don't know why. They decided to keep those other bridges in mind, just in case it becomes important later on.

The three students then arrived at the park that lies within the center of the resort. The park is a bit small, but there is enough space to host a gathering. At the center of the park is a large statue that features several animals: an eagle, a horse with a human riding it, a tiger, and a snake. At the base of the statue, there are three people.

"Wow," Rantaro said as he stared at the statue. "What a grand statue!"

"Is that statue really that grand?" Kokichi asked. "I'm getting strange feelings from just looking at it..."

"I wonder what this statue represents..." Angie said as she began to ponder.

"Oh, those are the guardians of these islands," The man Kokichi had met in the classroom replied.

The three students looked forward and saw the three people standing before them.

"Uh...who are you three?" Kokichi asked.

A short girl with bobbed scarlet hair, russet eyes wearing a black jacket over a brown waistcoat over a white button up jacket, a red pleated skirt, a witch hat, and brown boots cleared her throat dramatically.

"I am Himiko Yumeno, sorceress extraordinaire! However, I am officially called the Ultimate Magician…”

“Himiko is just as strange as her appearance suggests,” laughed the man.

Then he indicated to a muscular man.

“And while we’re introcuding ourselves, this is Gonta Gokuhara, the Ultimate Entomologist.”

“But Gonta didn’t get to introduce himself…” Goku said.

“He hasn’t talked to people.” The man said.

“Oh, I forgot to introduce myself!” the man realized. “My name is Korekiyo Shinguji. I am called the Ultimate Anthropologist. I look forward to having a great time with you!"

“Why hasn’t Goku talked to people?” Kokichi asked.

“Well, Goku was raised by a family of wolves when he got lost in the forest.” Goku explained.

"A young child is stolen by wild animals. For some reason the animals raise the child instead of eating it. It learns to make the sounds they make.” Korekiyo said.

“What are you talking about?” Kokichi asked.

“It learns to eat, run, and kill the way they do. After a while it only looks human." The anthropologist continued.

“What were you quoting?” Kokichi asked.

“The opening line to the Wolf Girl.” Korekiyo explained.

“What is this “The Wolf Girl?” Kokichi asked, thinking of a girl turning into a werewolf or a wolf with a girl's head.

“"The Wolf Girl" is a supposedly true account of a feral child raised by wolves near the Rio Grande.” Korekiyo explained, adding air quotes to the word ‘supposedly’. “The last anyone saw of her was when she was a young adult, feeding two wolf cubs.”

(That’s basically Goku…)

Suddenly there was a sound.

Rantaro then saw that the monitor in the park has turned on. "Everyone!" he shouted. "Look at that monitor!"

Everyone then turned to the monitor in the park and watched the announcement.

"Greetings, guests," Usami announced. "This is a resort announcement! Everyone, please gather at the beach on the First Island! I'll be meeting all of you guys there!"

...

"Well, I guess we're all going back to the beach, then," Korekiyo said. "What are we waiting for? Let's get moving now!"

"Is it really okay for us to go there?" Kokichi asked. "I'm getting a bad feeling about this..."

"Oh, quit worrying, Ouma," Korekiyo said. "I'm sure we're all going to be fine!"

The six people then exited the park for the beach on the First Island, with Kokichi being reluctant to go. They cross the bridge that leads to the First Island and met up with everyone on the beach.

Usami was there.

“I’m Usami! This school trip is going to be fun!”

“Fun?” asked Kaede.

"We're going to have lots of events during our school trip!" Usami declared. "Parties! Festivals! Sports matches! And plenty of free time! This school trip is going to be a lot of fun for everyone!"

"There's going to be matches?" Tenko said. "Hell ya! That sounds like fun! I'm in! I wonder what kinds of sports we'll be playing."

"Wow, we're going to have festivals during our school trip?" Korekiyo asked with sparkling eyes. "That sounds great! What kinds of festivals are we having? I hope we get some from cultures across the world!"

"It's a good thing that you guys have a Ultimate Maid like me," Kirumi said.

"Are we going to have music festivals?" Kaede asked. "I have some piano music to play, and I really want everyone to hear them!"

Usami watched as everyone throws ideas about what they should do during the school trip. "It looks like everyone has different ideas about what to do," she said. "Most of them sound fun! But before we can do any of that, how about we all get something to eat? I'm sure you're all hungry by now!"

"Oh, you all want some food?" Kirumi asked. “Cooking is just one of an Ultimate Maid’s many expertises.”

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Usami asked. "Let's eat!"

Everyone then began to walk towards the hotel area for dinner, with Kirumi going ahead to prepare food.

The students and chaperones have a big feast at the hotel's restaurant, with Usami watching everyone having a great time.

Kirumi is serving food to everyone from the kitchen, and they all enjoyed it.

After the feast, they headed to Jabberwock Park.

Suddenly, they heard laughter.

Then a black and white stuffed bear appeared from behind the statue.

"Hello everyone!" Monokuma greeted. "Thank you all for waiting! I am Monokuma, the new lead teacher of this school trip!"

And that was when things went from bad to worse.

"Another talking animal?" Korekiyo gasped. "What is even happening?"

"Ahem, now that I have finally arrived, there is one thing that I just have to say about this school trip," Monokuma said. "This is lame! So freaking lame! It's so lame, it's crippling!"

"It's just as I suspected," Usami said. "It was you who disrupted this school trip!"

She tried to stop Monokuma, but he snapped her wand in half.

“Prepare yourself for the Monokuma makeover!” He said.

Monokuma and Usami then began to fight.

When the cloud of dust cleared, the weeping rabbit was now white and pink, wearing a diaper.

“What is this?” She asked.

“Don’t be a bad girl, Usami! Or should that be Monomi?” Monokuma said. “You’re my little sister now!”

(What happened?)

“And I’m introducing a new school trip over this disgustingly horrible Heart-Throbbing School Trip!” Monokuma announced.

“Say hello to… the Killing School Trip!”

“Killing School Trip?!” Miu exclaimed in disbelief. “What bullshit is this?”

“Well, you’re going to relax on this island forever, and you can only get off by killing a fellow student, hence why I call this the Killing School Trip.” Monokuma explained. “Then I’ll explain the rules. A special announcement will play if three of you discover a corpse. Then there will be a investigation, where you search for clues left behind by the killer. Then all of you will participate in a class trial! In the class trial, you will debate on whodunnit! If you find the killer, then they will suffer an execution. Failure means the killer leaves, while the rest of you die!”

Sweat began dripping down Kokichi's face as he imagined the gruesome fates that possibly awaited them.

Monokuma then laughed.

The students looked at each other in horror.

What had once been hope had turned into fear. Fear that one of their own would turn on them. Fear that they would not survive this school trip. Fear that might drive them to kill someone’s blood.

Actually, fear is not the right word.

The right word is…

Despair.

Only one person seemed unfazed.

"So, does that mean that I can finally fight someone now?" Tenko asked.

(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D2QCzQMO_mo)

Prologue: Welcome to Dangan Island! Huge Panic at the Heart-Throbbing School Trip?!

END

Surviving Students: 16

Kaito Momota | Ultimate Astronaut

Shuichi Saihara | Ultimate Detective

Gonta Gokuhara | Ultimate Entomologist

Korekiyo Shinguji | Ultimate Anthropologist

Kokichi Ouma | Ultimate Supreme Leader

K1-B0 | Ultimate Robot

Rantaro Amami | Ultimate ???

Ryoma Hoshi | Ultimate Tennis Pro

Kaede Akamatsu | Ultimate Pianist

Kirumi Tojo | Ultimate Maid

Himiko Yumeno | Ultimate Magician

Tenko Chabashira | Ultimate Aikido Master

Tsumugi Shirogane | Ultimate Cosplayer

Angie Yonaga | Ultimate Artist

Maki Harukawa | Ultimate Child Caregiver

Miu Iruma | Ultimate Inventor

So ends the prologue. In this AU, I put V3 characters in DR2's location and vice versa, and I'm gonna see how a different protagonist would affect the story and how it'd be impacted by the different characters. I chose Kokichi as the protagonist because I read agreat protagonist Kokichi storyand I wanted Kokichi to be the protagonist. Any thoughts? Make your predictions! Who do you think will be the first to die? Who will survive? Who will die?

June 11, 2022, 8:22 p.m. 0 Report Embed Follow story
1
Read next chapter The Young and the Murderous Daily Life

Comment something

Post!
No comments yet. Be the first to say something!
~

Are you enjoying the reading?

Hey! There are still 13 chapters left on this story.
To continue reading, please sign up or log in. For free!