S
Sam Kellner


What does the captain of the football team, head cheerleader, school writer, and science geek have in common? Besides going to the same school.......... Saturday Detention. Just when they thought it was going to be a simple three-hour detention, it soon turned into a murder investigation. With their principal dead and not a lot of suspects, these unlikely friends have to work together and clear their names before the SAT's are the least of their worries.


Thriller/Mystery Not for children under 13.

#friendship #258 #256 #301 # #mystery
0
6.1k VIEWS
In progress - New chapter Every Friday
reading time
AA Share

Chapter 1 : Saturday

11:30 am, only thirty minutes left before their prison sentence "sorry I mean detention" is over. Matt is staring at the clock thinking time will go by faster, Evan is reading a book on Protons, Neutrons, and Electrons, Jenny is memorizing cheer moves in her head, and Evie is thinking about what her next headline in the school paper will be. As the clock ticks away closer to their freedom, so does their patience with each other. With Matt's humming, Jenny's constant hand motions and counting, and Evan's loud reading, Evie was at the end of her rope, trying to silence out the noise..............

"Would you stop? Staring at the clock or humming won't make time go faster." Evie said in an annoyed tone.

Matt stopped and turned around slowly with a big smile, "and what else is there to do?"

Evie straightened up, " I don't know, whatever jocks do."

As Matt keeps smiling at Evie, Evan breaks the tension with a fact from his book.

" Did you know there are stars made of neutrons."

Matt and Evie look at Evan.

"What?" Evan asked

Matt and Evie shrugged it off as Evan continues to read his book. With twenty minutes left, what could possibly go wrong?

" One, two, three, one two, three......" Jenny was like a broken record, just repeating the same steps and waving her hands in the air like she was directing people. She was good at toning people out. Jenny was the only one in the room that didn't care about what other people thought of her.

"Hey, Bring it On can you count somewhere else?" Evie asked

Jenny continued to wave her hands in the air, "I'm working 21 Jump Street."

" On what? Another second place trophy." Evie came back with a snarky remark.

Jenny's attention was now directed to Evie, " First of all we would have won if North High didn't cheat, and second of all....." as Jenny was about to finish there was a loud bang from the end of hall. Everyone dropped what they were doing and stared at the door.

Jenny was the first to break the silence, "What was that?"

As Matt moves closer to the door, " I don't see anything. The janitor could have dropped a broom or something."

" What kind of broom makes that big of a noise?" Evie asked.

Waiting too if anyone would come from the corner, the silence felt like hours.

" Maybe one of us should go check it out?" Evan said in a trembling voice.

"After you....." Jenny said.

Evan backed up and gave Jenny a frightening look. "What? I'm not going." Jenny said.

Evie grabbed a ruler and started walking towards the door.

"A ruler? That's your best defense." Matt said.

Evie looked at Matt unimpressed "It was that or a piece of chalk."

Matt rolled his eyes as he grabbed the other ruler. Evie and Matt starting walking out of the classroom towards to the hallway. As Evie and Matt leaves, Evan and Jenny follow behind. Hearing the creeks from the wooden floors the teens are unaware on what they will find.

"Is it me or is it scarier during the weekends?" Jenny said.

"It's actually mind over matter. It's the same school, but during the school day it's a lot noisier because of the echoing from the lockers and footsteps by other students. Instead it's just the four of us which makes the noise level less." Evan explains.

The three of them stop and stare at Evan...... "What?"

"Did you download the internet to your brain?" Matt asked, Evan just nodded his head. "Where were you during my history test?" asked Matt.

" Are you done yet?" Evie asked annoyed.

Matt shrugs off Evie's comment and continues down the hall. As the group comes to the corner of the hall they see something. It's a body. They all stare at each other. Matt is the first out of the group to take the lead. The closer he gets the more scarier things are. As Matt goes first, Evie follows, then Evan, and last Jenny.

Matt calls out, "Hello? Are you okay?"

With no answer or movement the group pauses. They all looked at each other and Matt continues towards the body. He keeps calling out loud, but there is no answer. As Matt approaches the body he recognizes the person. It's not the janitor at all. It was Principle Andrews.

"Is he dead?" Jenny asked shaking

Matt doesn't say a word. He gets up and they all look at each other, unaware on what lies ahead for them.

Jan. 1, 2022, 10:42 p.m. 0 Report Embed Follow story
0
Read next chapter Chapter 2 : Matt

Comment something

Post!
No comments yet. Be the first to say something!
~

Are you enjoying the reading?

Hey! There are still 2 chapters left on this story.
To continue reading, please sign up or log in. For free!