alexis-beyer Alexis Beyer

Joe was out for a walk when a rival gang gets the drop on him and one of them shoots him in the bicep. He tries to stumble his way home but with the blood loss he has to stop for a minute. After about three minutes of sitting on the bench a beautiful blonde woman named Kat, who was walking home from her night class, comes up to him and helps him so he doesn't have to go to the hospital. That one act of kindness started them in their journey of finding love together. They go through hell and high water and are still together.


Romance Young Adult Romance All public.

#]
7
7.0k VIEWS
In progress - New chapter Everyday
reading time
AA Share

First meeting

*Kat's P.O.V*
As I'm walking home from my night class, I look at my phone and see it's 10pm. When I look up from my phone, I see a six-foot-tall man walking my direction, so I stop and walk a little into the shadows so he can't see me. I can tell he's hurt because he's holding his bicep and I can see blood seeping through his fingers. As he stops at a bench a foot away from where I stood, I watch and see that he's wincing and looks to be in a lot of pain. I have a three minute debate with myself about if I should help him or not. Once I make up my mind, I walk over to him and say, "I can help with that" with confidence once I stop in front of him. "Why would you help me? I could be a murderer" he tells me as he looks up at me with a mix of confusion and shock. "You could be but if you were, I'm quite sure I'd be dead by now. Correct?" I question with a raised eyebrow and a tilt of my head as I look him in his steely blue eyes. "That's true. How do you think you can help me pretty lady?" he asks with a smile that turns into a grimace from the pain in his arm. "Well I can remove that bullet from your arm and stitch you up. Unless you want to go to the hospital, which I'm assuming you don't since the hospital is the other direction" I say with a smirk as I sit on his injured side. "How do you know it's a bullet wound?" he asks in shock. "I'm not dumb. I can see the bullet hole" I say with a shrug and a smile as I point to his injured arm. "No, I guess you aren't dumb are you. I'm Joseph by the way but people call me Joe" he says with a smirk. "I'm Kataleenah but people call me Kat" I say with a blush. "It's nice to meet you Kat" he says with a smirk. "Nice to meet you too Joe. Now can I fix your arm?" I ask as I look towards his injured arm again. He nods with a smile, so I smile back as I take my backpack off, put it beside me, and take out my first aid kit. I pull out my tweezers, some napkins, and some alcohol. "This is going to hurt so I apologize in advance" I tell him as I pour some alcohol on the tweezers to sterilize them. "Okay" he says with a nod as he moves his hand so I can see the wound. I take my tweezers and start to dig around in his wound as I hear him groan out in pain. "HA!! I got you!!" I exclaim triumphantly about two minutes later when I catch the bullet and hold it up in triumph. Joe looks at me and laughs a full belly laugh. My cheeks flame red in a blush as I put the bullet and tweezers down. I then take out my surgical needle, thread, and alcohol again. I thread the needle, pour some alcohol on it, and start to sew up his wound. Once I'm done, I take out my gauze and tape and wrap his now fixed bicep. "All done" I say as I pat his back with a smile as I look up at him. "How did you learn to do that?" he asks in shock. "I'm a nursing student at N.Y.U. as well as an intern at St. Michael's hospital. Oh, and I'm accident prone so I figured why not go to medical school and learn how to patch myself up" I ramble with a smile. "Well thank you very much Kat. I know we don't know each other but as repayment I'd like to take you on a date" he says with a wide smile. "Do you flirt with every pretty girl that patches you up?" I say with a smirk and a burst of confidence. "Only the pretty ones, but you'd be the first to even approach me and not want sex from me" he tells me with a smile as he looks at me. "Well I'd be honored then" I say with a deep blush. His smile widens as he takes out a pen, a piece of paper, and writes down a number. He then hands me the piece of paper and I blush darker as Joe's smile widens. "When you're ready text that number and we'll work something out okay beautiful" he says as I take the paper. "I will" I say with a smile and deep red cheeks. "I better be going. Thank you again Kat and I hope to hear from you soon" he says with a wide smile. "You're welcome Joe and you just might" I tell him with a smirk as I kiss his cheek. I watch as Joe walks away and I smile as my cheeks flame bright red. I watch Joe walk away with a smile as I take out my phone and type in his number. *I might have to see where this goes* I think to myself with a smile as I start to walk home with extra pep in my step. As I'm walking, I get this feeling of being watched, but it isn't a creepy feeling, it actually made me feel safe.

*Joe's P.O.V.*
*She is a perfect mix of fire and shyness* I think to myself with a smile as I walk away from the bench. I stop for a second and look back to see Kat putting my number into her phone and my smile widens. *I hope she accepts my date* I think to myself as I turn around again to start walking home. I see movement in the shadows out of the corner of my eye and my smile drops. I growl lowly when I see him slowly stalking towards Kat. I cut him off while still in the shadows and shove him back roughly. "Don't think about hurting her. Don't think about stalking her either. Hell don't even think about her in general again or I will cut your balls off and feed them to your family. Got it?" I say with malice in my voice as I look him directly in the eye. I can't help but smirk at the look of fear in his eyes as he nods and runs away. I look towards the bench again to see that Kat is gone so I look around frantically and see that she started walking home again completely oblivious to what just happened, so I follow after her to make sure she's safe. For some reason I feel this overwhelming need to protect her and make sure she is happy. As I follow her, I see her approach a nice looking house, so I hide behind a tree and watch her as she fumbles with the lock for a little before she finally gets the door open. I stand behind the tree until I see her walk inside and I see the light in what I assume is the living room turn on. Once I see that she is safe I smile as I start my walk home.

Nov. 7, 2021, 4:33 a.m. 3 Report Embed Follow story
0
Read next chapter Happiness

Comment something

Post!
No comments yet. Be the first to say something!
~

Are you enjoying the reading?

Hey! There are still 8 chapters left on this story.
To continue reading, please sign up or log in. For free!

Related stories