B
Brandi Stidham


People from the past always mean something, whether good or bad, you usually find out. Sometimes they return making your life fall into place. Shailyn knows exactly what it feels like when someone leaves and hasn't returned for years. Join her as she finaly finds where she belongs and learns to use her Fae magic she inherited from her father. She soon learns who she can trust and who truly loves her and can fullfill her deepest desires.


Fantasy For over 18 only.

#fae #love #magic #beauty
0
2.0k VIEWS
In progress - New chapter Every Wednesday
reading time
AA Share

The beginning

Always be aware of your surroundings, I am not welome here by many but to the king I am. His son, the beloved price Drake, has chosen me to be by his side for the summer formal. As much as I hate to do it, I have no other option according to my mother. My father ran off when I was just little, leaving my mother alone. She fell in love with the King, becoming his mistress. I have lived here in the castle since he announced it. After twenty two years you'd think all the snarls and glares I recieve would be gone. The prince is very beloved and they don't understand why I , of all the eligible women, was picked. Sure I am a beauty, as some passers say. I stand at 5'5" tall with curly brunette hair. My eyes are blue, my mother says they remind her of the sky on a sunny day. She seems to be happy, I'm not sure why I'm not. I'm guessing its because I was brought up as a royal which my blood would tell a different story. There is a dark secret me and my mother have been keeping. If the King and Queen knew, Id definetely be killed. Being a witch or a fae can cost you your life if you are inside the boundaries. I've known since my father left. My mother is human and my father not. I dont' know much about him, just that he loved my mother so much that he married her, knocked her up and left us. If that isn't a great father to look up to. My mother says he loved us and he had to leave to keep us safe, but if he knew I would be passed down his powers then why leave? He should of known I wouldn't be safe if they found out. My mother has no idea on how to handle me or my so called powers. Usually I escape to the forest or the basement when one of my so called episodes come on. I have mastered holding it in for now but I wonder if there are more like me out there? Looking unto the ocean below my balcony, the castle looked so far away from the main city. I could escape if I wanted to I am not a prisoner here. I could probably walk out the front gate and down the road but where would I go? The king would have others looking for me. As for my mother, she would be worried to death. I took a deep breath as wind started to blow making me close my eyes. I've felt this many times before, like someone is trying to tell me something. The light breeze on my skin made me hold my breath. I think I hear a whisper and I try harder to mask out the sound of waves and the seagulls. Then i hear it, "Soon, I will be there," It is a mans voice, not a familair one. A tickle goes up my check and my hand reaches up just as a knock at my door scares me and my eyes open. The breeze is gone. I glance behind me as my door opens. My mothers honey doe eyes stare at me. "Is everything alright Sahilyn?" I turn to her more as she walks in further with the dress maiden in tow. "I am fine mother, what it this?" My hand waves to the fair haired young lady. Her skin is pale like she never sees the outside. Her head bows at me and I motion for her to rise. "Please, don't do that, I am no more important than you." She looks up to me with her emerald eyes and smiles. "Thank you, my lady." My mother quickly grabs my hand and sits me down on the bed. "This is Gracelyn, She is here to fit you for your dress." The maiden pulls out a beautiful red gown from a zip bag and hangs it on the post near my bed. "This is the color I have choosen for you, do you like it?" Her green eyes searched my face as I got up and touched the dress. "It's beautiful. Did you hand make this?" Her cheeks flushed red and she nodded, "Yes My Lady, just for you." I looked to my mother. "Please pay her big, this is gorgeous. Will you help me get ready?" My mother smiled and nodded yes. Looking into the mirror, I didnt recognize myself. The dress fit perfect, hugging all my curves. It was a beautiful A line gown. The top a beautiful lace pattern with flowers. The bottom skirt fit my hips perfect and flared out towards the bottom hem. It was absolutely beautiful and the maiden didnt have to do any other alters to it. It was a perfect fit. Her small face keep turnig away from me, I walked to her and stuck out my hand. "You are amazing at what you do. Do you do hair by chance?" Her eyes got big as she nodded. "I do, my lady." I looked to my mother, "Pay her double, as she is now my hair dresser as well as my dress maker."

June 1, 2021, 4:41 p.m. 0 Report Embed Follow story
0
Read next chapter Summer Formal

Comment something

Post!
No comments yet. Be the first to say something!
~

Are you enjoying the reading?

Hey! There are still 1 chapters left on this story.
To continue reading, please sign up or log in. For free!