The time for challenges has arrived. And we bring you a special one. It is about writing a short story of a maximum of 20 words, unpublished, exclusive and created by you. To participate you only have to write the micro story in one of your social networks, and tag us (Ig: @getinkspired - Fb: Inkspired - Twitter: @getinkspired). It is essential that this publication has the same art that we attach below.
The art must contain:
- The 20-word micro-story about the white square that appears there.
- The story's title outside the square.
- Your Inkspired username.
- The tag to one of our Inkspired accounts.
- The art can't be manipulated in any way, just to add the micro-story text.
- Your profile must be open. A profile that is not open, will be disqualified.
- You can participate with up to 5 micro-stories, but you must write one in each art, and you can only win with 1.
- In the text below the post, you must add the hashtag #Microstories and tag 2 friends whom you would like to invite to join Inkspired.
- To participate you must be an Inkspired user. If you're not, you can register for free! But if you participate without having registered, you will be disqualified.
- The micro story must be exclusive of Inkspired, at least for the duration of the challenge.
- The micro-story must be correctly written, following the spelling and grammar rules. If this is violated, it will be disqualified.
- The challenge starts today and ends on Friday, October 26 at 23:59GTM.
- The 3 micro stories with the most likes, will be awarded 10 Reward Credits so they can use or redeem within the platform.Oct. 17, 2018, 10:02 a.m. 1 Report Embed 2
It's not the same to say: "Let’s eat grandpa" and "Let’s eat, grandpa". Nor to affirm: "You’re stupid, friend" and "Your stupid friend". This is why everyone talks about how a comma or a bad spelling can destroy someone’s life. For every person having a correct grammar should be fundamental, and for writers, an obligation. Words play a very important role in our lives that we should make people understand what exactly we want to say.
However, writing with correct an excellent grammar isn’t easy, especially when instant messages have destroyed the language thanks to abbreviations and/or immediacy. However, those of us who seek to make good writing prevails must fight against it. English is the world’s language, therefore is important to learn it perfectly. For this, you must practice it daily, and try to write it the best you can.
Here we give you some tips that can help you improve your spelling and grammar when building your novel.
1) Read. Maybe you are tired of hearing that in order to write better you must read more. But we are not going to say a different thing. Reading is the most nutritious method to educate your brain and your pen. Thanks to this, you discover new meanings, tones, the correct use of punctuation marks and correct spelling. In English, there are many words that sound totally different than how they are written.
2) Research. And this involves dictionaries, websites or help from experts. If you don’t know how to spell a word, or when it’s more convenient to use a point or a comma, don’t be afraid to investigate and/or ask. There is nothing wrong in not knowing.
3) If you are going to take advice from websites, make sure they are from a reliable source, some dictionary or some specialist.
4) Use a corrector on the computer. Although they are not 100% accurate, this can help you. But keep in mind that the corrector only corrects the word, but not the sentence’s meaning. Grammarly and LanguageTool are some of the correctors that can support you in this.
5) Read what you write out loud, and read it to someone. Reading aloud is more powerful than you think. It makes you notice your own mistakes or the pauses you must do in each sentence. A text without pauses can become very extensive, repetitive and meaningless.
6) Be aware of the typing misspelling. Sometimes, writing so fast on the computer or not reviewing what we have written, make us commit errors of this type.
7) Practice all the time. If you know that your weakness is misspellings, force yourself to write well at all times, even when you talk to another person on WhatsApp. Put the keyboard in manual mode and learn to identify how to spell correctly every word. Use the correct punctuation marks and avoid abbreviations.
Remember that although we all know how to speak English, talking is not the same as writing, and for an author, writing is your job, therefore you must look professional. These are just general tips, but we will shortly specify each one.Oct. 12, 2018, 3:47 p.m. 1 Report Embed 6
A comic is also a story, which, for some, is even funnier. Therefore, it is necessary to know how to create a comic book and gain readers. For this, I needed the famous "help from the university students" and Clara, who besides being a writer is also an artist. She was an angel in accepting to talk a little about what she has experience and research on the subject.
These were her suggestions:
1. Do not miss the idea! If it is spontaneous or constructed through reflection, it is important to write it down as soon as it comes. "One of the first things they teach at the Faculty of Arts" is to buy a notebook and always take it with you." Ideas and inspirations often come from the craziest places.
2. Build the storyboard. This is the comic book draft. You can build the whole scheme before you start drawing or working on it together. The reason to build this guide is to avoid getting lost along the way.
3. Prepare an overview of the comics. This helps to observe details such as the harmony of the positions, angles, possible repeated phrases, etc. It is important that the story is not repetitive or uncomfortable.
4. Create a story about your characters. This means to take note about all the relevant characteristics of each one. This helps to maintain uniformity, without undoing or forgetting any specific feature, and without having to reread all the work to remember it.
5. Harmonize the texts. The character's talk or the reaction balloons are important, should be clear and visually comfortable. Of course this varies according to each style, but it's worth being careful.
6. Train your stroke. Illustration requires practice and the more you train, the more you evolve and improve your way of drawing.
Remember, he/she who has the desire to improve or awaken his artistic vein, the moment is NOW.
Have you heard about Inktober? If you are an artist or you are surrounded by them, you must have already seen something about this international challenge, which consists of training your drawing/painting skills daily throughout October. Like any challenge, the idea is to make it fun and to help each one to perfect him or herself in what he/she loves to do, as well as to exchange experiences.
Inkspired has not been left out of this. Taking advantage of this artistic month, we have launched a contest and a challenge that are about visual stories.
The challenge is just to participate in the Inktober 2018. And the idea is to publish - every day of the month - different arts in the form of a visual story. The arts must be according with the theme of the official list and the story should receive the #Inktober and # Inktober2018 tags. The most voted - in the chapters - will be highlighted on the official Inkspired website and its social networks.
On the other hand, we also have a contest that goes a little further. In it, the idea is to create an original and exclusive comic, with at least 10 pages, containing both illustration and text. This contest started in September and will end on Sunday, October 21. Until that date, you can edit your story at any time, even if you have already published it. The comic must be published in the comics category, and it must have the #ComicSoon label. In that case, the winning story will be chosen by the Inkspired editorial team and the prize is US$ 50. Of course, you can only participate with comics.
To learn more about the contest, read the bases. And if you want to participate, click here.
To participate, in both cases, it is necessary to go to the Writing Contest page, select its history and click on the "Participate now" button, as in any challenge.
It is very easy and intuitive, but here it is a small tutorial to support it.
First, after clicking on Create a Story, you should choose the category of Visual Story:
Then, the chapter will open and you will have to click on "Upload image", in the
upper right corner.
It is necessary to place the images one by one, and the limit is 30 images per chapter. Once loaded, you can change the position of these when you want, you just have to click and drag the image to the place you think is best. If you need to delete any, you just have to click on the word "Remove" right above it. When you have finished, you can save the chapter and go to the Story Profile, which is the same as the written stories.
One detail: when you close and open the chapter again, the images may appear "incomplete". But don't worry: when you post it, the images will be complete.
Agradecimento à CrazyClaraOct. 5, 2018, 12:03 p.m. 0 Report Embed 2
The Inktober challenge is a worldwide initiative by Jake Parker, and now you can use Inkspired to participate in it and gain exposure in our community of writers and readers and beyond.
Inkspired has joined this initiative by providing a platform to artists to upload and publish their drawings in the form of a Visual Story.
1. Any person can participate by signing up on getinkspired.com, uploading a visual story with 31 chapters during October, each one with its own "daily art".
2. The visual stories must be of your authorship, we do not accept any kind of plagiarism and there may be legal actions if this is infringed.
3. To enter your Visual Story into the competition, you must click on "Participate Now" in the Contests page, selecting the story that you would like to enter.
4. The story must contain the hashtag #Inktober and #Inktober2018.
5. Each title of the story's chapters must contain the number of the day along with its title.
6. The story must comply with this year's Inktober daily challenge defined as follows: