If you want to become a better writer, or to be able to express your ideas and thoughts more clear, you need constantly grow and develop your skills. Otherwise you will end up with “crisis of creativity”. Listed exercises will help you to improve creativity and will be not only useful, but also very entertaining. They’re going to generate new interesting ideas and empower your way of thinking.
Following workout should be done in written form, and try to keep the exercises up to 10 min each.
· Close your eyes. Think about one of the objects in your room. Try to give it as many characteristics as you can, without opening your eyes. Then open your eyes and write down everything you remembered, and do not peek.
· Choose any poem that you like, and use last line as the first line of your own poem.
· Write what would you say to stranger who gave you a visit at 4 am.
· In 300 words describe a perfect place, where you would like to live.
· Write a story about an empty glass.
· Write about easiest/ toughest decision you have ever made.
· Imagine that you are in a room full of people, but you are the only one blind there. Describe the place and people around you.
· Look out the window and pick a stranger. Use 150 words to describe this person, way he/she looks, profession and habits.
· Think of the story that should include following words: beach, dog sitter, law and bun.
· Imagine that you are a Christmas tree and were just cut down. Describe your feelings.
· Write a monologue of a lonely tree that survived in a burnt forest.
· Think of a newspaper article using words: priest, money, cellar and kettle.
· Make a list of ten things you would sacrifice your last 10$ for, a week before payday.
· Write 8 daring reasons why a vendor of the antique store left his town.
These exercises will help you to boost your creativity and will improve your spontaneity in thinking. Good luck!Oct. 27, 2016, midnight 2 Report Embed 5
Many of us have a story to tell, we have experience, knowledge and vision of “How it supposed to be”. So what to do if you decided to write your own story or book?
Don’t tell anyone that you are going to write a story, even if you started to write one. It’s common that after you made to do list or only planning on doing something, you rush to tell “I’m going to be a writer!” to all your friends and everyone you know. But what if you won’t succeed (it happens in 80% when people fail at their first attempt), you will be judged and discussed your back, you definitely don’t need it.
Writing a story and promoting it is a difficult process that consumes a lot of time and energy. Don’t put high standards for yourself and people around you, and try to look at things with clear mind.
It’s not too late to change your mind. For instance, you can start a project, become a reviewer, establish your own business in other words find tons of different activities where earning a significant amount of money is easier than writing a book. It is very rare when fiction, business or any other book becomes a best seller, and it’s almost impossible for beginners to become commercially successful. So if you are writing a book to earn some money this option is not for you.
Despite first 3 tips you still need to try your hand at writing a story. If you won’t try, you will never know where it could lead you, so stop guessing of what “might happen” and do it!
Forget that someone admire writers. They get criticized, envious, colleagues say that “He or she is mere incompetence”, when they are underestimated geniuses. All these noise and talks, fame and attempts “to make a name” - that’s not a reason why people start writing books. Most of emerging authors write without thinking of getting famous or send their works to everyone in a hope that someone will notice them. In order to reach certain financial or moral status you will need to work a lot, it won’t happen overnight.
Success of great story is not about complaining to reader or telling the story from yours perspective, reader should to put himself/herself in your place and feel same emotions as you do. No one cares about your rough childhood, divorce of your patents and the fact that you were a fat ugly kid with glasses in school. But when you tell about your difficulties in a specific way so the reader can learn a lesson from it - emotional or moral and experience all events as if it actually happened with him or her – that’s what makes it a great story.
To be a good writer and write a story worth reading is not easy. It’s important to work hard, train regularly, expend your skills, to read a lot and write even more, try various styles and genres.Oct. 21, 2016, midnight 0 Report Embed 2
“Storytelling is the most powerful way to put ideas into the world today”. —Robert McKee
Stories are everywhere we go. They are the way to connect to people and share emotional bound. Stories are what make us move, inspire us and give us a sense of living. But the ability to tell the story in video, blog or even photography requires some basics. The Content Marketing Association has put together this infographic to help you with your next story. Do it today on getinkspired.com!
Oct. 24, 2016, midnight