Would you go back to the past if they told you that you can change it? What would you change, and what not? Probably for many this question is not easy to answer, and neither is it for us. That's why we're going to give you the opportunity to try it with your own lyrics. The new contest of this month if about a HISTORICAL NOVEL. You must write a chapter, of maximum 400 words, about a historical event -with which you feel identified or for which you have some kind of interest- and turn it into a novel of this genre adding fiction elements.
The most interesting story, well structured and with the potential to have more chapters written, will be the winner. Of course, spelling and grammar will be taken into account. Any error of these will subtract points.
Start date: February 13, 2019
Closing date: March 13, 2019
"The historical novel is a narrative subgenre that was configured in the romanticism of the nineteenth century and has continued to develop quite successfully in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, using a fictional argument, like any novel, has the characteristic that it is situated In a specific historical moment and real historical events tend to have some relevance in the development of the argument.The presence of historical data in the narrative may have a greater or lesser degree of depth. It is also common for this type of novels to have as protagonist a real or fictional historical character through which fiction develops. "
1. You must write the first chapter of a Historical Novel, and publish it in your Inkspired profile. Make sure that the first chapter presents the story's plot and that it contains a maximum of 400 words.
2. Once published, you can edit it until deadline.
3. The story must be published as Story with Chapters of the Historical category.
4. You must tag your story with the hashtag #HistoricalNovel in the hashtags section.
5. The story must have a title, a proper cover and a brief description.
6. It must be unpublished and exclusive of Inkspired for the duration of the contest.
7. Once the contest is over, the story should remain published on the platform for a minimum of 6 months, and our recommendation is that you continue writing it.
8. The contest will have a single winner. He or she will be announced during the third week of March.
9. The jury will be Inkspired editorial team, which includes Jackeline Vargas, Content Manager, and Ginya Les, Leader Ambassador. The winner will be chosen according to the story's structure, the level of interest generated in the first chapter and the potential to have more chapters written. Creativity, originality, grammatical and spelling quality will also be taken into account, as well as the respect of the terms of the contest.
10. A minimum of 20 participants is required for the contest to be official.
11. To get additional points, just upload and share your story in one of your Social Networks (Instagram or Facebook) and tag us @getinkspired.
1. People from any part of the world can participate, but the story must be written in English.
2. The story must contain at least one full chapter, of 400 words, and be published in the Historical category.
3. The novel must be of your authorship, we do not accept any kind of plagiarism and there may be legal actions if this is infringed.
4. The story must be exclusive for the duration of the contest.
5. If you are not a current user of Inkspired and want to participate, you just have to register. It's free!
6. The novel may be any historical event of interest to the author.
7. The work must have the hashtag #HistoricalNovel in the hashtags section. In addition, you must have a title, a cover and a brief description of the story.
8. This time you can participate with a single story. No more stories by the same author will be accepted. If this happens, all his/her stories will be disqualified.
9. Anyone who spam will be disqualified.
10. The terms of the contest must be fulfilled. No work that exceeds this term will be accepted.
11. Stories can be edited only during the contest term. Once closed, no changes will be accepted.
12. Once the winners are announced, they should write to firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate the delivery of the prizes. If the winner is not pronounced within 15 days, the prize will be awarded to the second place.
13. You do not need to participate from the first day, you can do it whenever you want while the contest is open.
14. Participation in this contest means that the user knows and accepts the bases thereof.
1. We also have contests in other languages -Spanish and Portuguese-, you can see them in the contests section of each language.
First place: 1 basic cover for the winning novel, 1 feedback from the jury with suggestions to continue writing the story, and the recommendation of the story in our Social Network every time a new chapter of the winning novel is published.
1. Go to www.getinkspired.com
2. Register as a user (if you are not already). You can do it manually or via Facebook.
3. Click on CREATE A STORY.
4. Choose the type of story you want to publish, in the case of the contest it must be: STORY WITH CHAPTERS
5. Write the title of your story and the category (in this case it would be HISTORICAL). The title can be edited later if you wish.
6. Write your story as a single chapter.
7. Once written click on 'save' and then 'close and go to the story’s profile’.
8. Here you can add the hashtag #HistoricalNovel, the description, the cover and the language. Remember that the hashtag must go both in the hashtag section and in the description.
9. Then you will have to go down to where your chapter’s title is and click on the button that says 'Draft' and change it to 'Published'.
10. You can see a video tutorial on how to post here: https://getinkspired.com/faq/ -but it is in spanish.Feb. 13, 2019, 3:01 p.m. 2 Report Embed 7