Sometimes to build the future you need to go back to the past. And in this new year we want to propose you a writing contest that is based precisely on that. All you need to do is to remember, feel, let your imagination flow and write. In this contest you will have to write a poem about the photography below.
The photograph was taken by the famous war photographer James Nachtwey, If you do not know this image or you have not seen it before, do not worry, it's even better, since everything you write about it will be based on what she transmits to you and only you.
The most sensitive, original and suitable poem for the photography will be the winner. Of course, spelling and grammar will be taken into account. Any error of these will subtract points.
Start date: January 5th, 2019
End date: Febraury 5th, 2019
"Poetry is a literary style, based on the artistic manifestation by means of the word, in verse or prose, here, the aesthetic qualities of language prevail over the content."
1. You must write a poem based on Nachtwey photography and publish it on your Inkspired profile.
2. Once your story is published, you can edit it until the contest’s deadline.
3. The story must be published as a SHORT STORY of the Poetry category.
4. You must tag your story with the hashtag #PhotographicPoetry.
5. The story must have a title, a proper cover, and a brief description.
6. It must be an unpublished story, and exclusively of Inkspired during the time of the contest.
7. Once the contest is over, the poem should remain published on Inkspired for a minimum of 6 months.
8. The contest will have a single winner. It will be announced between the second and third week of Febraury 2019.
9. The winners will be chosen by the Inkspired editorial team, and their choice will be based on the originality, and sensitivity of the poem. Also for the grammatical quality and compliance with the rules.
10. A minimum of 20 participants is required for the contest to be official.
11. To win extra points, you just have to upload and share your poem in your Social Media (Instagram or Facebook) and tag @getinkspired and @getinkspired_global
1. People from any part of the world can participate, but the story must be written in English.
2. The story should follow all the rules of writing a poem.
3. The stories must be of your authorship, we do not accept any kind of plagiarism and there may be legal actions if this is infringed.
4. The stories have to be exclusive for the duration of the contest.
5. If you are not a current user of Inkspired and want to participate, you just have to register. It's free!
6. The story must have the hashtag #PhotographicPoetry in the hashtags section. In addition, it must have a title, a cover and a brief description of the work.
7. The poem must be inspired by Nachtwey photography, but it can have your own content and focus.
8. This time you can participate with a maximum of 3 poems. No more works by the same author will be accepted. If this happens, all works of authorship will be disqualified.
9. Anyone who does spam will be disqualified.
10. The terms of the contest must be fulfilled. No work that comes out of this period will be accepted.
11. Stories can be edited only during the contest term. Once closed, no change will be accepted.
12. Once the winners have been announced, they should write to firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate the delivery of the prizes. If the winner is not pronounced within 15 days, the prize will be awarded to the second place.
13. You do not need to participate since the first day, you can do it whenever you want while the contest is open.
14. Participation in this contest means that the user knows and accepts the bases thereof.
15. We also have competitions in other languages -Spanish and Portuguese-, you can see them in the contest section of each language.
First place: 1 exclusive audio story of his poem, and an art with the photograph and the winning poem, which will be promoted by all our media.
1. Go to www.getinkspired.com
2. Register as a user (if you are not already). You can do it manually or via Facebook.
3. Click on CREATE A STORY.
4. Choose the type of story you want to publish, in the case of the contest it must be: SHORT STORY
5. Write the title of your story and the category (in this case it would be POETRY). The title can be edited later if you wish.
6. Write your story as a single chapter.
7. Once written click on 'save' and then 'close and go to the story’s profile’.
8. Here you can add the hashtag #PhotographicPoetry, the description, the cover and the language. Remember that the hashtag must go both in the hashtag section and in the description.
9. Then you will have to go down to where your chapter’s title is and click on the button that says 'Draft' and change it to 'Published'.
10. You can see a video tutorial on how to post here: https://getinkspired.com/faq/ -but it is in spanish.Jan. 4, 2019, 9:32 p.m. 1 Report Embed 8