Great stories don't need a lot of words, just the right ones. That's why Inkspired believes that Micro-stories are one of the most original and challenging ways to tell something, whether fiction or non-fiction, drama or suspense, romance or fantasy, whatever. A micro-story can be everything and nothing at the same time, but you have to know how to tell it.
For this reason, we bring you the new Microfiction contest. This consist on creating a micro-story of maximum 70 words, of any literary genre, that follows the rules of what a micro-story is and at the same time, engages the reader. This can be written in Spanish or English.
The BEST MICROSTORY - the most authentic and interesting - will be the WINNER. And of course, spelling and grammar will be taken into account. Any error of these will subtract points.
Start date: August 14, 2018
End date: September 5, 2018
But what does a micro-story is?
It is a very short story, which usually has between 50 to 250 words maximum. They are not summary stories, but the boiling point of a longer story.
Its key is to narrate the most important part of the plot and leave the reader the power to imagine what we do not say.
If you want to know more about how to write a short story you can read the following post here or see the following video tutorial from our Online Academy.
1. You must write a micro-story of any category, using 70 words maximum, and write it in the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/33wPUKM6Dv5XWVP93
2. The micro-story must have a title, your Inkspired username, email and 3 hashtags that define it. You must fill in all the fields of the form without exception.
3. The contest will have a single winner, but we will also have a second place. Both will be announced on September 12th.
4 The winners will be chosen by the Inkspired editorial team, based on the originality of the text, creativity, quality and respect of the rules.
5. A minimum of 20 participants is required for the contest to be official. Otherwise, it will not be valid.
1. People from any part of the world can participate, but the micro-story must be written in English or Spanish.
2. The story shouldn't have more than 70 words, but it can have less.
3. The micro-stories must be of your authorship, we do not accept any kind of plagiarism and there may be legal actions if this is infringed.
4. The micro-stories don't have to be exclusive, they can be published on other platforms, but they must be yours.
5. The micro-story should not be published on the platform, only in the previously indicated form, but you must be an Inkspired user to participate. In case you are not a currently a user and want to compete, you just have to register. It's free!
6. We will not accept any other way to send us the micro-story other than through the form.
7. The micro-story must have a title, your Inkspired username, your email and 3 hashtags that describe the story.
8. This time you can participate with a maximum of 5 micro-stories. No more than 5 stories by the same author will be accepted. If this happens, all the micro-stories of this author will be disqualified.
9. Anyone who makes spam will be disqualified.
10. The terms of the contest must be fulfilled. No work that comes out of this period will be accepted.
11. Once the winners have been announced, they should write to [email protected] to coordinate the delivery of the prizes. If the winner is not pronounced within 15 days, the prize will be awarded to the second place.
12. By participating in this contest, Inkspired is granted the right to publish the participating micro-stories (with their respective authors) in the new format that is about to be launched.
13. You do not need to participate from the first day, you can do it whenever you want while the contest is open.
14. Participation in this contest means that the user knows and accepts the bases.
15. We also have competitions in other languages -English and Portuguese-, you can see them in the contests section of each language.
First place: $ 50.00 (fifty US dollars) and an audio of his short story narrated.
Second place: A graphic design with the written micro-story and appear on our social network.
How to send the micro story?
1. Enter the following link https://goo.gl/forms/33wPUKM6Dv5XWVP93
2. Fill all the fields
3. Send the form (Remember that it must be one form per micro-story)
Beautifully written Jackie. I so enjoy reading your blogs because it is easy to read.
Kurt Vonnegut’s 8 Rules For Writing a Short StoryNo se quien era el viejo, me me orine cuando dijo, al diablo el suspenso xDDDD
Writing Workouts To Improve Your CreativityMe di cuenta de que puedo llegar a ser muy hijo de puta xD
Common Mistakes New Writers Trend To Makeme dio risa la nota de "deja de chingar y ponte a escribir xD"
Joss Whedon: The Five Things Your Script Has To HaveWriters Author's need and got to read, all chapters here fantastic, brilliant. 👍👍
5 secrets of the bestseller or How to write as Tom ClancyUn sueño solo es inalcanzare cuando asi lo creemos, una derrota solo es un fracaso cuando le damos ese derecho
How to make your story popular?Gríteselo a todo el mundo nena, deje la pena que nunca me a dado nada.
6 Writing Tips from Anne LamottAJAJAJA, me mato lo de mirar la pantalla en blanco como un bobo, es tan cierto que duele
Escribe puto ESCRIBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, y si eres como yo, después de 150 capítulos no sabrás ni donde mierda estas parado
The importance of your writing sorroundingsGracioso, justo me estaba pasando eso, aunque en mi caso es que estoy haciendo unos cursos y me siento atareado, ahora veo que mas bien suena a escusa
The pen or the keyboard? That's the questionNo recuerdo la ultima ves que toque un lápiz. Pero fue una linda anécdota
Use technology to become a recognized storytellerBroder, los quiero y me encantan sus consejos, pero editen este capitulo. Me sangran los ojos con el punto dos, toda esa verga pegada en un párrafo, separa los párrafos por punto. Por amor a dios.
Traditional publishing or Self-publishing? That’s the questionYo no lo describiría mejor, aunque no soy un escritor consagrado ni mucho menos, nunca me llamo la atención publicar por medio de una editorial. En especial en estos días en los que están tomando las historias de los artistas y empiezan a cambiarles "sexo, color, etc" solo para cumplir una cuota
How to use digital publishing platforms, like Inkspired, to get the most out of your creative and fiction writingRecordemos la libertad de escritura, que lento pero seguro se esta perdiendo en un mundo donde la censura sin sentido gana mas fuerza
14 advices to write a novel, by Stephen KingEscritura: como nació la televisión y los videos de internet morí, pero como todo se fue a la mierda con la censura sobreviví.
How to describe scenes and not bore the reader while tryingAgain, invaluable information that is a must read for the new as well as the seasoned writer. I have Very difficult time finding that perfect level of detail. I'm hoping this platform will offer the assistance and/or guidance I so desperately need and crave. Thank you for sharing your insights on this subject matter.
We can keep Inkspired for free by displaying Ads to our visitors. Please, support us by whitelisting or deactivating the AdBlocker.
After doing it, please reload the website to continue using Inkspired normally.