You like to play the detective. To see the story from the outside. To unravel the mistery or what could happen. To analyze who is the bad guy. The murderer. The ghost. The demon. But what would happen if that antagonist, that guilty one, is you? Not easy, right?
On Inkspired is #ThrillerTime, therefore, we bring you a new contest based on that genre, called "YOU ARE GUILTY". The challenge consists in creating a short story of maximum 300 words, which must be written in FIRST PERSON point of view, narrating the story like you were the ANTAGONIST.
The BEST STORY - the most surprising, creative and loaded with suspense- will be the WINNER. And of course, spelling and grammar will be taken into account. Any error of these will take points off.
Start date: August 1, 2018
Closing date: August 30, 2018
But what is a Thriller?
It's a story that seeks to generate fear or shock in the reader. Usually, it shocks with unexpected turns.
There are different types of Thriller: Psychological Thriller, Paranormal, Police, Mystery, Spies, among others.
If you want to know more about how to write a thriller you can read the following post here.
1. You need to write a Thriller short story of 300 words, maximum, and publish it in your Inkspired account.
2. Once published, you could edit your story everytime you want, until the end date.
3. The short story must be published as SHORT STORY in the THRILLER or SUSPENSE/MISTERY category.
4. You must use the hashtag #ThrillerTime in the story’s description and also in the hashtags section.
5. The short story must have a title, an original cover, and a short description.
6. The contest will have only ONE winner, but we will also reward the second place. These will be announced on September 3rd.
7. The winner will be chosen by the Inkspired editorial team, who will focus on the story's creativity, suspense, quality and the respect of the bases.
8. It’s required a minimum of 20 participants for the contest to be official.
1. People from any part of the world can participate, but the story must be written in English.
2. The short story can’t have more than 300 words, but it can have less.
3. You must be the author of the story, we do not accept any kind of copy and there may be legal actions if this is infringed.
4. The story doesn't have to be exclusive, they can be published on other platforms, but it must be yours and uploaded to Inkspired as well.
5. If you are not a current user of Inkspired and want to participate, you just have to register. It's free!
6. The story must have the hashtag #ThrillerTime -in both the hashtag section and in the story’s description. In addition, it must have a title, a cover, and a brief description.
7. This time, you can only participate with a SINGLE story. No more stories by the same author will be accepted. If this happens, all of his/her stories will be disqualified.
8. Anyone who does spam will be disqualified.
9. The deadlines must be respected. No work that comes out of this period will be accepted.
10. The stories can be edited only during the time of the contest. Once closed, no changes will be accepted, or it will be disqualified.
11. Once the winners are announced, they should write to firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate the prizes delivery. If the winner does not respond within 15 days, the prize will be awarded to the second place.
12. You do not need to participate from the first day, you can do it when you want while the contest is open.
13. By participating in this contest, you give the rights to Inkspired to make your story public.
14. Participation in this contest means that the user knows and accepts its bases.
15. We also have contests in other languages such as -Spanish and Portuguese-, you can see them in the contest section of each language.
First place: $50.00 (fifty US dollars) and an audio story of his tale told by one of Inkspired's journalists.
Second place: Your story reviewed and rated by our Thriller reviewer and appear in our featured stories of the week.
1. Go to www.getinkspired.com
2. Register as a user (if you are not already). You can do it manually or via Facebook.
3. Click on CREATE A STORY.
4. Choose the type of story you want to publish, in the case of the contest it must be: SHORT STORY
5. Write the title of your story and the category (in this case it would be THRILLER). The title can be edited later if you wish.
6. Write your story as a single chapter.
7. Once written click on 'save' and then 'close and go to the story’s profile’.
8. Here you can add the hashtag #ThrillerTime, the description, the cover and the language. Remember that the hashtag must go both in the hashtag section and in the description.
9. Then you will have to go down to where your chapter’s title is and click on the button that says 'Draft' and change it to 'Published'.
10. You can see a video tutorial on how to post here: https://getinkspired.com/faq/ -but it is in spanish.
July 31, 2018, 1:55 p.m.