All challenges will be published during the course of The Authors' Cup so that the participants can interact and add the most amount of points and climb to the top of the ranking. Each "challenge" will have different tasks with reward points that will be awarded only if the challenge is completed in its entirety.
Cup Challenges: you can accomplish at any time during the duration of the competition. They will be revealed at the start of The Authors' Cup.
Monthly challenges: that will only be valid within a specific month. They will be revealed at the start of each month.
Flash challenges: that could appear randomly at any time and may last only from hours to a few days. You will need to be quick to snatch them before they disappear!.
The challenges will appear on The Authors' Cup page, and to officially participate in them you should do the following:
* Choose the challenge you want, and click on "Participate".
* Execute the challenge's tasks in the given timeframe.
* Press the "Completed" button once you have completed the tasks of the challenge.
In the event that a participant had forgotten to press the "Completed" button at the end of the challenge, it will not be counted as a completed challenge, and therefore no points will be awarded. Similarly, if a user forgets to press the "Participate" button and performs the tasks of a challenge, it will not count as a "completed challenge" either.
The points won will be automatically added to the individual record of the participants, and at the same time, it will be reflected in the general ranking of The Authors' Cup. We will update the standings of the competition every Friday.
1) The same author can not repeat the same challenge.
2) Any challenge that is not completed within the established period of time will not count as valid.
3) Inkspired reserves the right to publish any submitted work or story on its social networks to promote the competition.
4) All texts used by the authors in the different challenges of the competition must not have been published elsewhere before, and they must be of their own authorship. In the case of infringement, the author could be automatically removed from The Authors' Cup and vetoed from Inkspired.
5) Any kind of cheating or gaming the system during the challenges is forbidden. In case this happens the participant will be disqualified from The Authors' Cup immediately. Inkspired reserves the right to apply sanctions or points deductions in case of detecting an anomaly during The Authors' Cup, even after points have been awarded.
6) Stories are allowed in any language, provided they are fiction stories and comply with the Community Guidelines.
7) In case of a draw in the final standings of the ranking, the participants with the most Rewards Credits will be prioritized.
8) Inkspired reserves the right to adjust or modify the competition's rules until just before the official start date of the competition.
9) The competition will only be able to start if more than 100 users are registered prior the start date. Inkspired reserves the right to decide to cancel the competition if we believe we cannot host it with the quality we would like to.
10) Reimbursements on the registration fee for the competition will only be possible in the event of the cancellation of the competition by Inkspired. Other reimbursement claims before, during, or after the event will not be accepted.
11) Inkspired will not award cash prizes or make money transfers to any winner. Instead, Inkspired will award cash vouchers which will take the form of a digital coupon of money stored in the Inkspired Wallet that can be spent multiple times until depletion within the Inkspired platform. Some restrictions apply: for instance, it is not possible to use the vouchers to pay for self-publishing services provided by external suppliers and to purchase stories from other authors. Inkspired reserves the right to apply buying restrictions to any other service or product within the platform as it sees fit in the future. As cash vouchers are still considered money value, in order to be awarded, the winner will need to provide a valid invoice addressed to Inkspired.
12) Winners will be announced within a week after the end of the competition after reviewing the points of all the challenges. At least a minimum of 110+ points are expected to be accumulated by each winner in order to be awarded with the cash voucher prizes. For the lottery winners, only participants in the Top 25 (out of the Top 3) and with more than 75 points will be considered. Inkspired reserves the right to make announcements about the lottery or not as it sees fit.
13) In the event no participant finishes the competition with the least amount of required points to win, the competition could be declared null and void. In the event only 1 or 2 participants finishes with the least amount of required points, the participant(s) will be declared as winner(s), and the other positions will be declared null and void, meaning that only the qualified winner(s) will get the prizes.
14) Upon the completion of The Authors' Cup, as a requirement prior to getting the prizes awarded, all winners must provide a 1-minute video testimonial (which could be published in social networks) narrating their experience and providing feedback. Additionally, we will require proof of identity which will be kept strictly confidential.
15) In case of the challenges that require Co-authoring, only the "main author" of the story can make the submission, and in case the challenge gets completed, both co-authors will get the same amount of points. Be advised that only specific challenges will allow co-authoring.
16) Stories submitted to complete challenges in The Authors' Cup may be blocked while waiting to be rated for up to 6 months after the Cup ends.
Sanctions are a penalty established for those who infringe one or more of the rules of the competition and/or the Community Guidelines. Three levels of sanctions have been stipulated:
All penalties are subject to deduction of points in the general ranking of the equivalent challenge up to a maximum of twice of the points earned in the challenge on which the user has been sanctioned. The sanction in no case can leave any individual user's score in less than 0 points.
Sept. 22, 2020, 10:21 a.m.
Last update: October 2nd, 2020.