Within The Author's Cup, the best story will also be awarded in each of the participating categories. This is a "special and optional challenge" for all those who want to be recognized on Inkspired as authors of the best story of the year in its category.
The challenge will start a week after starting date of The Authors' Cup, and will last for 2 months. For this challenge, those who want to participate must:
Eligible stories that comply with all the terms will be the ones that will be evaluated by the jury. The deadlines to participate with your story will be the following:
The best story will be chosen by a specialized jury and the winners will receive special recognition and advantages in The Authors' Cup general competition.
The participating stories that do not comply with the specified guidelines will not be evaluated by the jury, and will be automatically disqualified from this specific challenge.
1) Only those authors who have registered in the The Authors' Cup, and have confirmed their participation in the "Challenge: The Best Story", will be able to participate.
2) The participating stories must be a "new story" and must be from your authorship. Any sign of plagiarism will result in the immediate disqualification of the competition. If the story has been previously published on other digital platforms, on paper or on Inkspired, it will not be considered as a "new story".
3) You can only participate with stories that are exclusive of Inkspired (only published on this platform) and they must remain like that during the whole competition.
4) The participating stories must be novels (or stories with chapters). Short stories will not be accepted. In addition, the story must be already finished; no pilot drafts, single chapters, novels in progress, or incomplete works will be accepted. Stories that demonstrate potential for a sequel (a future volume 2) will have greater consideration. This statement does not apply to the microfiction category.
5) The story must be correctly written, without presenting spelling or grammatical errors.
6) The stories that participate must be created, published on Inkspired, and updated during the competition time. Once the challenge has been announced, you can not change any story that is participating; In case of doing so, the author will get disqualified from the challenge.
7) During this first edition, authors can only participate with stories and novels written in English and/or Spanish.
8) Each author may participate with 1 story per category. The eligible categories are the following:
9) The participating stories must not infringe the Inkspired's Community Guidelines or attempt against other users through spam or other forms of harassment on the platform or social networks to take advantage of the challenge.
11) The participating stories must remain published for the duration of the challenge and The Authors' Cup in general, and the winning stories must remain published on Inkspired for a minimum of 6 months after The Authors' Cup is over. Modifications to the story are only allowed until the day before the deadline of the challenge.
12) By participating in this challenge, as well as in The Authors' Cup, the writers automatically authorize Inkspired to promote their stories -published during the competition- on the official social networks of the platform.
13) In case that no story meets the minimum standard of 80 points, the challenge "The Best Story" could be declared null (see the higher rating system). No story whose score is less than 80 may be considered a finalist and/or winner.
14) No Jury members and Inkspired staff will be able to participate in this challenge. Inkspired ambassadors can participate.
15) Participation in this challenge means that the user knows and accepts the terms of it.
16) Inkspired reserves the right to modify the terms of this challenge until the official start date of The Authors' Cup competition.
The stories must be submitted through the The Authors' Cup, in the section "Additional Awards - Challenge: The Best Story".
Parameters _________________________ Points
Spelling and Grammar __________________ 0-10
Story's development____________________ 0-15
Narrative and tone ____________________ 0-12
Plot ________________________________ 0-15
Clarity and comprehension _______________ 0-5
Style and creativity _____________________ 0-10
Characters' Development ________________ 0-8
Cover picture _________________________ 0-5
Popularity on Inkspired* ________________ 0-15
Potential to become a book series __________ 0-5
The total sum of the parameters in the information table will give a total of 100 points.
* The popularity on Inkspired is measured with respect to the average number of visits in the story, followers, "likes", reviews, and comments that the work obtains in the platform.
EXTRA POINTS: Authors will have the possibility to earn up to 10 additional points if they publish and promote their stories in their respective social networks, tagging @getinkspired (Instagram), or Inkspired (Facebook), or @getinkspired on Twitter using the hashtag #TheAuthorsCup , every time they do it. Each valid publication (per story) will grant them 0.5 extra points, so the more times they share it, the more points they can get. Every author could add up a maximum of 10 points.
Last update: March 1st, 2019.Feb. 28, 2019, 8:28 p.m. 2 Report Embed 4