Kurzgeschichte
0
1.3k ABRUFE
Abgeschlossen
Lesezeit
AA Teilen

The other side of the mirror

Most people tend to stare at the mirror for too long . But not me , ever since I was a kid my mom told me not to spend too much time glaring at your reflection . When ever I asked why , she would tell me I will get it when I get older . At that time , it didn't make any sense . But over the time , I started to get it . Every time I look in the mirror , I get this weird feeling that I can't explain . The person in front of me in the mirror , my own reflection , gives me the creeps for some reason . I always hated my myself when ever I stood in front of a mirror . Still I never fully understood mom's words . I thought that she meant you wouldn't like your reflection or you'll have feelings of hatred . But I got the feeling that she meant something different .

I came to understand the meaning of her words clearly the day that I still consider the worst day of my life. I lost my job because of a minor mistake that my boss didn't let slide despite all my efforts , my girlfriend broke up with me because she thought that I wasn't caring enough .

I couldn't feel worse . When I got home , all I wanted was to wash up and get some sleep . I went to wash my face and when I stood up , I saw my reflection in the mirror . I don't know why , but I've never felt angrier . Just looking at my reflection made me hate my self more for some reason . And this time, as if it was smirking at me . At a moment of frustration , I stared at the mirror and said :

" You just got fired and your girlfriend dumped you . Everyone in your life abandoned you . You're all alone ! Why ? Why does this keep happening ? But you already know the answer , don't you ? Everything that's happening is your fault , No one wants you , no one ever wanted you and no one will ever will . You're a liability , a sickness , your whole existence is irrelevant to the world . No one will ever accept you ! You will always be alone , you will always be abandoned and Everytime you'll know that it's your fault ! Because you're nothing ! And the way you're repeating what I'm saying frustrates me ! Say something , damn it ! "

I'm yelling at my own reflection in the mirror .Am I an idiot ? What am I even doing ? Have I gone crazy to scream at the mirror demanding answers ? This is pathetic , I need to get some sleep .

" Screaming at the mirror to say something , what was I thinking ? Why did I want to happen ? "

" Say something ? What do you want me to say ? "

I live alone , there's no one else in this house beside me . Then what's going on ? Where did that voice come from ? Is it real or am I just to tired and imagining things ?

" Answer my question ! "

" Again ! Where is the sound coming from ? "

" Over here , look at me ! "

The mirror ! The mirror is talking to me ! What the hell is happening here ? Have I gone crazy ?

" There's no way the mirror is talking to me . "

When I looked at my reflection , I couldn't believe it . It was staring at me with a wicked smile that almost made fall on the floor , what is this feeling ? .

" I must me be tired from work , that's it ! If I get some rest , I'm sure I'll be fine . "

As I was about to walk away , I felt something weird . I can't move my at all ! I wanna walk away but my legs won't obey me ! I wanna look away but my eyes won't leave person in the mirror ! I wanna scream but my sound is opressed !

" Don't bother , no one can hear you other than me ! "

" Who are you ? "

" Me ? Why are asking this question now ? Are you stupid or what ? "

" Answer my question ! "

" I'm in the mirror , I look exactly like you , care to guess ? "

" You're my reflection ? "

" Bingo ! You got it right , maybe you do have a mind there somewhere inside that thick head of yours "

" My reflection is talking to me ? I must be imagining things ! This is q nightmare , that must be the only explanation ! In that case , I gotta snap out of it ! ."

" There's no use , I told you it's not a dream . "

" You can't be my reflection ! "

" Maybe not exactly , but I am in a certain way . "

" What does that mean ? "

" I am you ! "

" You're me ? What are you talking about ? "

" The statement speaks for itself . I'm you , to be more specific your other self , your doppelganger ! "

" A doppelganger ? What is that ? "

" I'm a different version of you . However , I wasn't born at the same time as you ! I'm a different existence , I started to shape the first time to look at the mirror . When you ever you look at the mirror with mixed feelings , that's how I grow up . Your feelings form me . Hatred , loath , frustration , I'm the result of negative emotions . "

You gotta be kidding me ! What bloody hell is this ? Why can't I move ! This is too real for s nightmare !

" I told you it's not a nightmare ! "

" How did you ...."

" I am you , and you're me . It's only logical I can read your mind . "

" Why now ? All this time , why did you choose to appear now ? "

" Why , I wonder . I guess because of what you said earlier . Maybe I wanted an answer . "

" What I said earlier ? "

" Yeah , ' say something ! ' That's what you said to me with angry eyes ! So here I am asking you , what did you want me to say ? That you're wrong ? That you're not a bad person ? That none of it was your fault ? No , not quite . You wanted to be judged ! You wanted someond to agree with you ! That's why you screamed at me . You wanted to hear it from me , the being that knows you the best , that grew up with you ! In that case I'll answer you ! "

As he said that , I felt a presence behind me . I held my breath in fear as he put his arm around my shoulder .

" What you said is absolutely right ! It's all you fault ! You're whole existence is irrelevant ! Compared to the world , you're nothing ! No one will ever acknowledge you ! No one will ever love you ! You will remain alone surrounded by your feelings and torture yourself with that fact until the end of your days ! "

" I knew it ! "

" But not here though ! "

" Heh ? What are you ..."

When I turned and saw his face , I lost sense of everything . He's no longer me , his eyes were black , his face was burned , his finger nails were sharp , the look of a monster ! I froze in my place unable to do anything .

" This is my true form ! I'm your regrets ! Your sins , your hatred ! The dark side that you wish to hide ! If you're this tired of living , then I'll take your place ! "

All of a sudden , I was in the other side of the mirror ! I was trapped looking at him .

" I'll become you , and you'll become me ! "

And as I watched , he took my form and I took his ! I became the monster and he became the human !

" You will never be able to get out ! So stay still and watch as I take over your life ! But don't worry , you won't be bored ! They'll take good care of you ! The tortureers ! "

His wicked laugh scared me to the death . I switched life with my doppelganger . I'm no longer in the world of the living now . The sky is red , there's lighting striking the place , people are trapped in cages being tortured by monsters that resemble me . At that moment , I understood what my mother meant and she was right . Don't stare at the mirror for too long , I should've listened to her . They're coming to me , as of today , I'm gonna be tortured to the rest of my days . This is my life now .Tortured by my own sins , my own actions . I'm in hell !


30. Juli 2021 16:17 0 Bericht Einbetten Follow einer Story
0
Das Ende

Über den Autor

Kommentiere etwas

Post!
Bisher keine Kommentare. Sei der Erste, der etwas sagt!
~